New Geekly Peeps?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

Moderator: Global Moderator

failedrevolution

Re: New Geekly Peeps?

Postby failedrevolution » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:52 am

Hey er'body. New to the forum and I don't tend to be active in too many places across the internet. I don't have a facebook or twitter account but after multiple, multiple episodes of the Drunks and Dragons crew talking about how awesome you all are (and how awesome GeeklyCon is) I figured I'd check the forums out.

Although I guess another reason I'm here is that I'm gearing up to run a 5e game on R20 and I figured before I tried to gather random applicants at that site I'd see if I might be able to make some real connections here first.

MakepeaceLovejoy

Postby MakepeaceLovejoy » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:57 pm

Hi, I'm new to the forums. I'm doing a second listen through at the moment because of a recent reintroduction of a character by Bachmann (one I thought was dead) so I'm at episode 89 at the moment and I don't hate gnolls (no more spoilers). I've never played D and D, but after listening to another RP podcast 'D and D is for Nerds' by Sanspants (which I recommend) I found I really liked the format. I tried a few but most of them were too serious or too heavy to get in to, this is much more fun.
I think this podcast is great and also I'm now watching Yuri!!! On Ice because that's all that's on Jennifer's tumblr, she didn't lie it's just gay anime reblogs. Seriously the opening music tho.
@MakepeaceLvjoy

FroMunda

Postby FroMunda » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:24 am

Hey Yall, new to the forums, and the Drunks & Dragons Pod. I'm currently listening to Ep. 89, started at #1 a few weeks ago. Any late night peeps on here. I'm a Nurse and work nights, so I'm usually on here or Roll20 pretty late... I'm on the PST, Okie Dokie...
Self-induced pain deserves no pity...

nborge2000

Postby nborge2000 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:34 am

I'm down if you get the game up and running. I am usually a DM and I think it would be fun to try being a player for once.

rredmond

Postby rredmond » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:34 pm

Looks like the place to say hello, soooo "hello!" :)

Only just finding the forums and podcast. But as a big AD&D1E fan, I'm glad to have found them!

--Ron--

TBadger

Postby TBadger » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:45 pm

Just stopped lurking myself. Been listening to various podcasts of the geekly variety and LPotL a ton during my work weeks. Glad to be part of a community again and hopefully fill up some time while life continues its continuous onslaught of work/responsibility/upkeep

Welcome to all those of whom are new and to all of the "old heads" as well

;D

DawnRain

Postby DawnRain » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:32 pm

Hi all,
I'm very new to Geekly and started listening to DnD several months ago and am totally sucked in now. I'm even looking at going to GeeklyCon. Since I don't know anyone I thought I'd start with saying hi here. :)

rudyred34

Postby rudyred34 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:48 pm

Hey errybody, I'm new. I spent the past year-ish getting caught up on Drunks and Dragons and now that I'm current I decided to join the forums. I'm debating whether I can swing the funds to attend Geeklycon this year - it sounds like tons of fun, and I have a friend who'd be down to come with if she could also afford it.

I'm currently in the planning stages of a Legend of the Five Rings game over the summer, so I'll probably be spending some time in the Tabletop forums asking for advice.

TruePlewd

Postby TruePlewd » Fri May 12, 2017 12:40 am

I'm new to the forums, but I've been listening to the real plays on the network almost a year now. I'm a huge D&D nerd and I play Path of Exile as my main video game (because it's the best my potato can handle :P)

Been hearing how good this community is a lot though, so finally decided it was time to get involved. Nice to meet you all :D

rredmond

Postby rredmond » Fri May 12, 2017 1:11 am

From one newbie to the rest of y'ins, hello!!
--Ron--

Reingar

Postby Reingar » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:58 am

Hey, everyone! just joined the forums not too long ago but this is the first time I've been able to say hello! I've been listening to DnD and random encounters for about a year and decided it was time to get more involved with the community so here I am! I also just joined the geekly discord and Hope to get to play some games with peeps!

The Brosef

Postby The Brosef » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:25 am

Hey y'all, new to the forums here! I was looking for a new podcast to listen to and stumbled on drunks and dragons, although I've never played dnd. I love it! I'm currently on episode 105 and I was wondering which podcast I should start on once I finally catch up on this one, so feel free to share your favorites!

meseta

Postby meseta » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:01 am

Have you tried the stuff on Random Encounters? (http://geeklyinc.com/category/random-encounters/) The Norhall and Darkblades episodes are canonical and set in Drunkeros.

Attykin5

Postby Attykin5 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:10 pm

New member here. Currently listening to Drunks and Dragons podcast episode 104. Far behind.

TheGlennW

Postby TheGlennW » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:51 pm

Hi new to the community! I've listened to all of drunks and dragons and am currently binging random encounters and brute force. I'm thinking about running a campaign for my 7 year old and her friends using the MLP Tails of Equestria system but I want to write my own stories. Any pointers on how to start this kind of creative process? Is their like a mad libs for tabletop games? O0 Thanks and I'm hoping to be pretty active in the forums!

Return to “General Discussion”