...Hello!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

Moderator: Global Moderator

Amarena

...Hello!

Postby Amarena » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:10 pm

Hi!

First time attempting to engage in the Geekly forums! I'm currently living in UK, still a student, um... Looking for geekly friends! Have been listening to Drunks & Dragons (both the main feed and the Random Encounters) for the past year and a half, SAYER too, and recently started Yer a Wizard, Harry. I'm new to board games since my friends are not really into that, but I loved everything which I tried until now!

So, was just wondering if any of you guys are also new and looking for friends!

failedrevolution

Re: ...Hello!

Postby failedrevolution » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:07 am

Yeah, I can speak for myself and say that I'm really looking to get deeper into the geekly community. I don't have a twitter or a facebook account but I hear that that's where the heart of the community is. So I definitely want to reach out to anyone who is looking for friends on the forum. I would say "welcome" but I'm actually new here myself :P

Bapperson
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Bapperson » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:35 am

Howdy! By all means, make use of the forums - that's how I started out! But...a lot of Geekly activity tends to happen elsewhere:

1. Twitter is a very good place, even if it's mostly just following Geeklies to see what they talk about - you can typically announce yourself or follow some of us and we will find more Geeklies for you.
2. Discord is....a mix of stuff. While a lot of gaming, there is also a lot of general chat and weirdness. viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1251 has info on joining the Discord. I recently joined it purely for Geekly interactions.
3. GeeklyChat is a Google Hangout with a bunch of us. Activity waxes and wanes (especially as Discord is getting more popular) but still lots of conversation and you tend to get interaction with different Geeklies than on Discord (but Twitter has us all).
Bonus: Reddit has been getting more active lately. The main Geekly reddits I know of are /r/GeeklyInc, /r/DnDPodcast, /r/CaFPodcast, and /r/Sayer. A nice thread to check is https://www.reddit.com/r/GeeklyInc/comm ... c_friends/ which is a list of pdocasts that are not official GeeklyInc, but are, typically, made by the Geekly Community.

There are a number of non-US (mostly UK, Australia, or New Zealand) Geeklies and some late-shift American Geeklies that interact at different hours from some of us.
- Ben/Bapperson/Bappy

MakepeaceLovejoy

Postby MakepeaceLovejoy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:11 pm

Hi, I'm also a student from the UK! I'm a member of a tabletop society at my University but it's still emerging so I'm hoping to find some friends here to play a game with :D
I'm on twitter @MakepeaceLvjoy.
I haven't played a lot of tabletop games, I play a lot of card games.
Last Thursday I tried to stay up to watch the livestream but I fell asleep. :/
@MakepeaceLvjoy

Return to “General Discussion”