International Tabletop Day - Geekly Inc 24 hour live stream

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

Moderator: Global Moderator

Noodz

International Tabletop Day - Geekly Inc 24 hour live stream

Postby Noodz » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:00 pm

The Geekly Inc 24 hour International Tabletop Day and Charity Drive Live Stream (or the GI24hITDaCDLS as I like to call it) will be taking place from 10am (EST) on April 11th.

The live stream will be raising money for The Trevor Project, which is a crisis intervention and suicide prevention charity for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning young people. You can find out more about the cause on their website http://www.thetrevorproject.org

We will be playing board games and card games all day on the Geekly Inc Twitch channel (http://www.twitch.tv/geeklyinc), including a D&D one-shot featuring members of the Drunks & Dragons crew and a guest DM from Cthulhu & Friends, and we hope to raise a lot of money for this charity. It should be a fun day so come along and watch for a few (or 24) hours and help support the cause if you can.

How can you get involved and help?

Promotion, get on Twitter, Facebook, Reddit and let people know about the stream. Got an ‘in’ with a celebrity, ask them to retweet you. BFFs with the POTUS? Ask him to address the nation. Anything you can do that will bring in more viewers would be great.
We’ll need chat mods throughout the day, so we’ll be looking for anyone willing to sit in the stream for an hour or two and police the chat (charity streams tend to attract a lot of trolls), especially the late-night/early morning portions.

Donations - of course donations to the charity would be great, but I’m referring to prizes for the giveaways. Got any spare keys for Steam or Origin sitting around? We’d be happy to take them off your hands. Keys for games from the ‘Humble Card Game Bundle’ in particular would be ideal. Anything cool and tabletop related that you’d be willing to donate would be amazing.

And finally, we will need players. In the next few days we will be posting a rough schedule for the stream and information on how many spaces are available for each time slot. The stream will mainly be based around the use of Tabletop Simulator (available on Steam), so taking part in the games will most likely involve an investment of $15 and, although not 100% essential, a webcam would be a highly desirable.

More details will be announced as we get them so keep an eye out in this forum.

Noodz

Re: International Tabletop Day - Geekly Inc 24 hour live stream

Postby Noodz » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:38 pm

GAME SIGN UP DETAILS

The stream is being split up into 3 hour sections, this cuts down on the amount of changeovers we need to do, allows us to play some longer games and gives us a bit of leeway if any games run longer than expected.
With that in mind you will be signing up for specific time-slots rather than specific games. Most of the slots will consist of two main games with a filler game if there is any time at the end of the slot.

Below is a list of the time-slots and the amount of players we need to fill them. Also listed are the games that might be played, however these may change so don’t get too attached to the idea of playing a particular game.
In your reply please list which time-slot you would like to sign up for, if you’re available for more than 3 hours then feel free to sign up for multiple slots (unless we can get 25 different players then it’s likely you will be selected for more than one slot).
As mentioned in the post above, you will need to have a copy of Tabletop Simulator ($15 on Steam), a Google+ id, and a webcam is highly preferred.

At the moment the schedule is very much in the planning stages and is all subject to change, but I need to get an idea of who we can get to play and where we might be light.

Please note, if you are a contributor to GeeklyInc (part of a podcast or a writer) or playing games during the stream then you will not be eligible for the prize draws.

<EDIT>
We now have enough players for all of the games but there are a couple of extra spots on some games if anybody missed the initial signup and still wants to play. Drop me a message and I'll let you kinow what's still available.

Stream Schedule (All times are EST)

10:00-13:00 – Dead of Winter and Epic Spell Wars of the Battle Wizards: Duel at Mt. Skullzfyre - John C, Tim, Thrifty, Nick
13:00-16:00 – Munchkin and Pandemic - David, Staci, Ariel, Fred, Ivana
16:00-19:00 – Red Dragon Inn and Braggart - John C, Chris, Kelsey, Mike Lane, Adam
19:00-22:00 – Dungeons & Dragons one-shot - Thrifty, Tim, Jennifer, Mike Bachmann, Veronica
22:00-01:00 – Fiasco - Ash, Adam and unknown others
01:00-04:00 – Slash and Superfight - John C, Adam, Brad, Gwynn, Fred, Ivana, Shadowette, John V
04:00-07:00 – Lords of Waterdeep and Shadows over Camelot - Brad, Mmmike, John V, Phoenix Down
07:00-10:00 – King of Tokyo and Smash Up - John C, Animat3dM3, Kalabajooie, Drew, Thrifty

If you're in the list above then please make sure you know how to use Tabletop Simulator before the stream, the controls take a bit of getting used to.
If you don't know how to play the game that you're signed up to then read through a pdf of the rules before hand so we can just do a basic rule overview instead of explaining the whole game.
You'll also need a Google + id so that you can be invited to the Google Hangout for the stream.
I'll try and talk to you all at some point this week, there's a couple of things I need you to check/test.

Clow

Postby Clow » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:48 pm

Hey there,

I would love to take part, anything from the 1600 block on I can do, particularly interested in the 1600-1900 time though.

mmmizzle

Postby mmmizzle » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:58 pm

I will sleepily sign up for the 4am-7am slot

Noodz

Postby Noodz » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:03 pm

The 10:00-13:00 session is now the 13:00-16:00 session.

Shadowette

Postby Shadowette » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:43 am

Would table top simulator work on a Mac? As in multiplayer sort of way. If so I can gladly do the 1-4 am

Noodz

Postby Noodz » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:55 am

Shadowette wrote:Would table top simulator work on a Mac? As in multiplayer sort of way. If so I can gladly do the 1-4 am

The Steam page says it has cross platform multiplayer so I assume so, I haven't tested it though.

Shadowette

Postby Shadowette » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:57 am

Okay well that's what I have. Hoping it'll work, but I'm willing to do the 1-4am

Noodz

Postby Noodz » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:00 am

We're also using Google video hangout for the stream, can you get that on mac? (I have zero mac knowledge)

Shadowette

Postby Shadowette » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:14 am

I can get hangouts. It's cool I understand.

Animat3dM3

Postby Animat3dM3 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:32 pm

I'm up for any of the last three slots! Just throw me wherever in there you need :)

Noodz

Postby Noodz » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:59 pm

Animat3dM3 wrote:I'm up for any of the last three slots! Just throw me wherever in there you need :)

Awesome, I'll put you in for the 7am-10am slot for now and maybe stick in some earlier ones if we're short later.

Noodz

Postby Noodz » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:38 am

If I don't already have you as a friend on Steam can you let me know your Steam ID please, or add 'Noodz'.

Shadowette

Postby Shadowette » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:20 pm

maddieshaddow

Noodz

Postby Noodz » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:12 pm

Shadowette wrote:maddieshaddow

Not showing up, maybe because you're on Mac Steam? that's odd though, how can you do cross-platform if you can't add each other?

Return to “General Discussion”