Google Play

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

Moderator: Global Moderator

ET3

Google Play

Postby ET3 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:51 pm

With Google Play's announcement that they'll soon be offering a place for podcasters to host their shows, will the Geekly Inc network start hosting their shows there as well? For those of us that don't have an iTunes or Stitcher account, we'd finally be able to leave comments!

http://officialandroid.blogspot.com/2015/10/podcasters-welcome-to-google-play-music.html

tsunami560

Re: Google Play

Postby tsunami560 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:50 pm

Yes please!! Guys. You have at least 2 people wanting this. Just sayin..

DungeonMaster

Postby DungeonMaster » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:49 pm

It would make sense. I mean, they already use a Google product to produce the show (G-Chat) so hosting on Google Play would seem pretty Logical.

0dius

Postby 0dius » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:46 am

I third this, but I don't know how much exposure they'll get there. I'm curious if google is going to launch its own independent podcast app?
Interesting to see implementation. If it's using google play as the app... idk I'm not as interested.
Creeping up, infiltratin' the geeks.
Twitter

ET3

Postby ET3 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:23 pm

0dius wrote:I third this, but I don't know how much exposure they'll get there. I'm curious if google is going to launch its own independent podcast app?
Interesting to see implementation. If it's using google play as the app... idk I'm not as interested.

It sounds like it'll go through the Google Music app. I don't really care what their platform is, I just want to able to leave comments/ratings without having to go through Stitcher or iTunes.

ET3

Postby ET3 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:41 pm

Bumping this since it's now relevant.

When searching for Drunks & Dragons, 2 options come up; 1 from GeeklyInc and the other from GeeklyInc.com. There's only 1 option for Random Encounters (GeeklyInc), so is one D&D the official one and the other not, or are they both from you guys and just uploaded twice?

Return to “General Discussion”