GeeklyInc 24 Hour International Tabletop Day Charity Stream - 2016

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

Moderator: Global Moderator

Noodz

GeeklyInc 24 Hour International Tabletop Day Charity Stream - 2016

Postby Noodz » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:00 pm

Last year for International Tabletop Day we ran our first ever 24 hour live stream. We raised nearly $4000 for The Trevor Project and I couldn't have been prouder of this wonderful community. We had some amazing support from various board game companies and community members who donated prizes for us to giveaway to our donators and the viewers of the stream. It was a great success and all of you amazing people deserve huge thanks.

This year we're doing it again. International Tabletop Day is on the 30th April and we will be running another 24 hour stream to celebrate this great day.
The charity that we're supporting this year is the Sundar and Neena Foundation (http://sundarneena.org/) who are raising money to rebuild schools in Nepal, which were destroyed in the devastating earthquakes of last year. With the help of this amazing community I'm sure we can help them reach their goal.

The stream will be running from 10am EST April 30th until 10am EST May 1st. We've already received support from several companies, so you can expect more prize giveaways for donators during the stream and for the people tuning in to watch.

Stay tuned to this thread for more information in the coming weeks, including game sign ups, schedules, and other ways that you can help this stream become even more successful than last years.

Noodz

Re: GeeklyInc 24 Hour International Tabletop Day Charity Stream - 2016

Postby Noodz » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:15 pm

The stream is being split up into 3 hour sections, this cuts down on the amount of changeovers we need to do, allows us to play some longer games and gives us a bit of leeway if any games run longer than expected.

A lot of the slots are already full as we're doing specific things for them however there are some left (mainly late night/early morning). The games aren't necessarily locked in at the moment and are subject to change, so if you want to join in then sign up for a time slot rather than to play a specific game.

A couple of notes, if you're signing up you will need a copy of Tabletop Simulator on Steam (you do not need to own any of the DLC), a webcam (not essential, but preferred), and a headset/mic.
You will be ineligible for any prize giveaways that happen during your time slot, if you have donated and your name is selected we will need to redraw. You will still be eligible at all other times.

Reply below with what time slot you would like to signup for and a way to contact you if I don't already know how.

All times are in EST

Time - Game - Status
April 30th
10am-1pm - Cosmic Encounter - (Michael DiMauro, Tim Lanning, Nick Bristow, Mike Bachmann, John Caulfield) - Full
1pm-4pm - Scythe - (Phil Canada, Michael Buh, Pat Rankin, Ben Stonick) - Full
4pm-7pm - Darkest Night - (Hiroshi, Matthew Morris, Forensicschik, Codedude3) - Full
7pm-10pm - Paranoia with the Drunks and Dragons Podcast - Full
*10pm-1am - Viewscream - (Adam Bash, Carly Shields, Bijaya Shrestha, John Caulfield) - Full

May 1st
1am-4am - Secret Hitler - (Cannoncanon, Shadowette, Codedude3, AbsurdistKobold, Malvinity, Ibplunderin, Lorelai) - Full
4am-7am - Superfight - (Jonah Gregory, Kym Stonick, Johnny Scott, Vincekenny, Ben Cook, Mollie, Shadowette) - Full
7am-10am - Tiny Epic Kingdoms & Tint Epic Galaxies - (Mmmizzle, Starthree16, Mattsp1290, BrotherTrebius) - Full

*Viewscream will not take up the full 3 hours so we will likely have some short filler games beforehand, spaces will be announced shortly.

How can else can you get involved and help?

Promotion - Get on Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Ello (does anyone actually use that?) and let people know about the stream. Got an ‘in’ with a celebrity, ask them to retweet you. BFFs with the POTUS? Ask him to address the nation. Anything you can do that will bring in more viewers would be great.

We’ll need chat mods throughout the day, so we’ll be looking for anyone willing to sit in the stream for an hour or two and police the chat. Charity streams tend to attract a lot of trolls, especially the late-night/early morning portions.

Donations - of course donations to the charity would be great, but I'm referring to prizes for the giveaways. Anything cool and tabletop related that you’d be willing to donate would be amazing. Last year we had artists offering commissioned portraits of your tabletop characters, someone giving away their Twitch design services, D&D books, anything goes.

cannoncanon

Postby cannoncanon » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:40 pm

Hey, Gwynn here! I'll sign up to play in the 1-4am slot, and I can mod during the 10pm-1am slot.

Shadowette

Postby Shadowette » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:45 pm

I wanna sign up for the 1-4am slot please. And I can be on patrol for trolls at any time really.

mmmizzle

Postby mmmizzle » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:56 am

I can do 7am to 10 am

Solemn_Lyrian

Postby Solemn_Lyrian » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:22 am

Sadly I will be on call then so I wouldn't be able to do any of the gaming. I will however be in the chat for the most part during all the stream times so I can easily mod like I generally do anyway.

Bapperson
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Bapperson » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:29 am

I can help mod, especially during one of the first four games (10am to 10pm).
- Ben/Bapperson/Bappy

codedude3

Postby codedude3 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:57 am

Love to sign up for some games. Got to find that Hitler. And want to play games, any games.
4pm-7pm - Tabletop Simulator DLC (TBA) - 3-4 spaces
1am-4am - Secret Hitler - 6 spaces
4am-7am - TBA - 3-8 spaces?

For all the other spaces in between, I can moderate chat.

Noodz

Postby Noodz » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:54 pm

codedude3 wrote:Love to sign up for some games. Got to find that Hitler. And want to play games, any games.
4pm-7pm - Tabletop Simulator DLC (TBA) - 3-4 spaces
1am-4am - Secret Hitler - 6 spaces
4am-7am - TBA - 3-8 spaces?

For all the other spaces in between, I can moderate chat.

I've added you in for 1am-4am slot, I might put you in some other slots too but we'll see how many other people we get first.

codedude3

Postby codedude3 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:15 pm

Guess I got pretty greedy :-[ Just excited after missing out last year.

Noodz

Postby Noodz » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:06 pm

No harm in wanting to sign up for more slots, it's likely you'll get in more than one. If however you did only have one, do you have a preference or is the 1-4 slot good for you?

codedude3

Postby codedude3 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:09 pm

That slot is perfectly fine for me. Been hanckering (hanchoring?) to play Secret Hitler again despite being so bad at it. I'll help moderate the rest of the time!

starthree16

Postby starthree16 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:08 pm

I would love to participate 4-7am or 7-10am

Noodz

Postby Noodz » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:10 pm

starthree16 wrote:I would love to participate 4-7am or 7-10am

I've put you in the 7-10am slot. I may be able to add you into another slot later on if you're up for doing both, we'll see how the sign ups go.

starthree16

Postby starthree16 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:26 pm

Sweet, I am down with whatever you need.

Return to “General Discussion”