New Geekly Peeps?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

Moderator: Global Moderator

Brother-turtle

New Geekly Peeps?

Postby Brother-turtle » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:20 pm

Hello to the world! (Or at least the cool people in it "a wink wink")
I'm new to the Geekly stuff, or at least new to posting and attempting to engage the forums, and was just wondering how many people out there are also new and looking for new geeky friends!

Also, anyone who likes ESO, we should start a geekly guild!

StmpnkPlgDr

Re: New Geekly Peeps?

Postby StmpnkPlgDr » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 am

I'm rather (very) new. Have to admit that I am more of a World of Warcraft person myself.

Nynetoez

Postby Nynetoez » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:54 pm

Also new(ish)! Been listening for over a year, but have yet to get involved with the community. I play XboxOne mostly.

vpm349

Postby vpm349 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:55 am

I too have, just today, decided to finally stop lurking and start posting. So...um...hi?

I listen to many of the podcasts (and have been for the last two years) and figured this is as good a day as ever to start posting.

So...nice to meet you all!

Madisaurusrex

Postby Madisaurusrex » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:42 am

I'm new, too! Nice to meet everyone recently.

Solemn_Lyrian

Postby Solemn_Lyrian » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:48 am

Welcome!!

I am not the most active on the forums, but I do know that a lot of Geeklies on WoW are on the Mug'thol server. The guild most of us are in is called Genesis of Oblivion.

A lot of us also use the Geekly Inc. Discord to chat while gaming as well.

https://discord.gg/GwJAR

Adam Bash
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Adam Bash » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:08 am

Hi new people!

The forum is a nice place to dip your toes in, but if you're looking to slip in fully we're all pretty active on Twitter. Or better yet, subscribe to the twitch channel (twitch.tv/geeklyinc) so you can get alerted when we stream. The twitch chat is usually very active and always friendly to new folks.

Bapperson
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Bapperson » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:39 am

Adam Bash wrote:Hi new people!

The forum is a nice place to dip your toes in, but if you're looking to slip in fully we're all pretty active on Twitter. Or better yet, subscribe to the twitch channel (twitch.tv/geeklyinc) so you can get alerted when we stream. The twitch chat is usually very active and always friendly to new folks.

I agree with Adam. Twitter is my main place to be, but joining the Twitch chat during a live stream is a great way to first get to know people!

Keep in mind, the Twitch chat for DnD has been having significant number of new folks each time so many will probably be just as shy/nervous as you!
- Ben/Bapperson/Bappy

dragonsabin

Postby dragonsabin » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:44 pm

Hello,

This is great to get started. I have commented a few times on Twitter, but I'm usually a day late because I don't get the chance to look at it until late at night. One thing I am grateful for was an article about play by post dnd gaming. I get my fix of dnd on my own time. It's great. Thanks to all of the members that contribute to the website because I love reading them on my down time. C:-)

CaptainBigBeard

Postby CaptainBigBeard » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:01 pm

Ive been listening for 2 years now and on the twitch chat every now and then but I'm just now trying to dip into the community. I'd totally be into joining an ESO guild or getting into something else.

StarlitFirefly

Postby StarlitFirefly » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:21 am

Welcome, new Geeklies! This is seriously the best, most welcoming community I've ever met. I'm not new myself, but if you're looking for a new Geekly friend I'm usually on Twitter: @StarlitFirefly. I like meeting new geeks, so feel free to talk to me on Twitter - I don't bite ;)

FunkyPayps

Postby FunkyPayps » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:03 am

Another Geekly enters the fray! Fairly new and looking to join in on the community in some form or another, i play a decent amount of D&D and when i have free time ill try to jump on some Overwatch either on PC or PS4, if anyone wants to get some game time going that sounds like fun to me!

Blagard

Postby Blagard » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:00 pm

One more new(ish) Geekly here. I found Drunks and Dragons while trying to get a group of friends together to play some D&D and the Geekly podcasts have quickly become some of my favorites. looking forward to being part of the community, OK bye.

LeahLiz87

Postby LeahLiz87 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:43 pm

Another newbie, here. I've been listening for a while but just joined the forum recently. I'm not much into video games/no gamer tag or anything to share but the suggestion about subscribing to the twitch channel/chat sounds pretty good to me. I'm going to the con this year so I'd like to meet some people/get a little more involved with the community before that rolls around!

maesterjape

Postby maesterjape » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:48 pm

LeahLiz87 wrote:Another newbie, here. I've been listening for a while but just joined the forum recently. I'm not much into video games/no gamer tag or anything to share but the suggestion about subscribing to the twitch channel/chat sounds pretty good to me. I'm going to the con this year so I'd like to meet some people/get a little more involved with the community before that rolls around!

Yes to all this. I don't really do the games of video but love the games of board and roleplay. Despite that I watched Tim pay Skyrim for an hour yesterday but could contribute nothing beyond confused silence. I did join the Geekly Book Club on Goodreads though. We're going to get that rolling in the new year and I'm hoping that will help to increase my exposure to the community before attending my first GC next year. If you're a bookie, check it out! https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/20 ... -book-club

Return to “General Discussion”