New Geekly Peeps?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

Moderator: Global Moderator

Coltraine

Re: New Geekly Peeps?

Postby Coltraine » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:14 pm

Hi all - I'm also new here,im new on Twitter as well - literally zero followers bla! but trying to get involved @BritishOwen if anyone wants to say hi.

Would love to meet some Colorado based geekly people, play some tabletop games, PS4, or PC gaming dependant on how much my wife lets me get away with.

So yea, hit me up if any of that sounds good!

Owen

Higgy98

Postby Higgy98 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:16 pm

Hi Owen,

Colorado Geekly here too. I am new to actually trying to be a part of the community and not a lurker. Also starting to get into boardgames and just bought a PS4. Oh and you have a new follower on Twitter. :) @Higgy80013

Coltraine

Postby Coltraine » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:43 pm

Awesome! I'll hit you up on there :)

risen72

Postby risen72 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:35 pm

Hey everyone.

I'm also new to the forums. Been listening to Drunks for a very long time. While I'm not an OG Slabber, I have listened to all the episodes.

I'm a long time RPG player, former WoW player (I haven't started Legion yet), and have been wanting to play DnD. I'm an older gamer, but love character creation and development. Recently Witcher 3 has become my new Skyrim. So I love a great game wrapped around a great story.

I'm on PS4 (risen72), and lately getting my fledgling Biker gang up and running in GTAV.

I work at Walmart and my schedule is hectic. I never have the same two days off. So I guess I'm looking for a one shot campaign to get my feet wet. Also a very understanding group to handle a newbie.

Anyhow I'm looking forward to spending time on here. I have had previous great experiences with being a part of forum community and I think I'd find some great people in this one!

Feel free to reach out to me on PS4 and Twitter. Both risen72.

Cheers,

risen72
Cheers,

risen72

SeitansAdvocate

Postby SeitansAdvocate » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:43 am

Hey all!
I've been listening to the main podcast for a while now, not a slobber, but had I known about the podcast at the time, I absolutely would have been! Does that make me an honorary slabber? a wanna-be slabber? something? ...please...?

anyways! I'd love to learn and play DnD, but I have so little time, I'd never be able to keep up right now. also, my 1 and only experience with DnD was years ago in high school, and...it was bad...i did not enjoy. But! things like this podcast make me hopeful that if/when i get into it again, then it will be better!

I play a lot of xbox one (SeitansAdvocate) feel free to send me a request (though let me know you're from the Geekly inc realm of the internet, otherwise I might not accept it.

I work overnights, but I'm off on the weekends, and I do still attend classes, but only a couple days a week. But I'll look forward to being a part of the community and anyone in this community is a friend as far as I'm concerned!

Dazenie

Postby Dazenie » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:25 am

Hi, I'm new to Geekly as well! I've been listening to Drunks and Dragons for a couple years now, but have always been too nervous to really get involved in the community. I'm a big video gamer (I could use some Steam buddies to play games with, too!) and would love to get into D&D sometime.

Coltraine

Postby Coltraine » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:34 pm

Feel free to add me on steam - feiticera is my user :)

Vayder84

Postby Vayder84 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:41 pm

Im relatively new myself. Been listening to the shows for about a year now. I can be found on the Xbone. i mostly play Overwatch, ESO, Neverwinter and NFS. My Gamertag is Vayder84

NiteOwlD

Postby NiteOwlD » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:17 pm

Hey Yall! Long time listener, first time post. Recently moved and haven't been able to suss out a new group of peeps to hang out with, so I turned to the podcast and the rest is history! I play XboxOne (Xrayglasses69) and occasionally tweet (CluelessCrooks0) when Im not working 80+ hour weeks. Holla!

ProfessorPFM

Postby ProfessorPFM » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:41 pm

Noob here!

Hello fello geeklys!
I've listened to the DnDpodcast twice through, random encounters Darkblades, Norhall and currently on Secrets of Cats... Started playing D&D with some friends just before I learned about Drunks & Dragons... a game I played as a PC only lasted 6 months or so before it fell apart... and I am currently running a 5e game via Roll20 and only 4 weeks in (keep in mind I'm new at this) 3 out of 4 players are finding it boring... they claim there has been too much grinding (I'm trying to get the battle sequences down along with building story around the battles. ) Sooo I may end up looking for some new players to join in and I'll start it from the beginning...

Twitter: ProfessorPFM

Sian

Postby Sian » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:30 pm

Also somewhat new - started listening to the geekly podcasts earlier this year but only just joined the forum now. I listen to Drunks and Dragons and Random Encounters (my favs are Fiasco and Sailor Moon), Cast of Thrones (it´s the reason why I went back to watching GoT actually) and Sayer.
I´d love to do some actual D&D sometime but I live in a very rural part of Germany, where people still think it´s something that is part of satanic cults... >:D Also with pretty sucky Internet situation (seriously, what is wifi?)...

I´m also always interested in new geeky/nerdy/fun "penpals"...

ScruffyMisfit

Postby ScruffyMisfit » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:11 pm

Yeah I'm new to the forums too. Been meaning to join in for a while, as I've been listening to the podcast since last March, and finally figured I should just jump right in.

Little bit about me; I'm from Ontario, Canada, G'day mates of course, love writing, all things sci fi, fantasy, nerdy, etc. Very into comics lately.

Have played DnD before but it was only a kne shot and I'd love to get back into it as I enjoyed it quite a damn bit. My other gaming is mainly on PC, through Steam, and I'm Wintermute on there.

maesterjape

Postby maesterjape » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:04 am

ScruffyMisfit wrote:Yeah I'm new to the forums too. Been meaning to join in for a while, as I've been listening to the podcast since last March, and finally figured I should just jump right in.

Little bit about me; I'm from Ontario, Canada, G'day mates of course, love writing, all things sci fi, fantasy, nerdy, etc. Very into comics lately.

Have played DnD before but it was only a kne shot and I'd love to get back into it as I enjoyed it quite a damn bit. My other gaming is mainly on PC, through Steam, and I'm Wintermute on there.

Welcome and whereabouts in Ontario? I'm a Toronto native, live in London these days. Oh and g'day mate!

nayas

Postby nayas » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:28 am

Hi everyone. I'm pretty new as well. Really like the podcasts, they make my nights at the museum where I work go by very quickly. I love them all so far. When I'm not working I'm playing ESO or something on the PS4. I really want to get in a live stream but every time I remember to do so I'm working lol. Wish I could go to Geekly Con and meet up with all of you but I'm recently married (back in June) and going on our honeymoon which took up all the vacation. Maybe 2018. Hit me up @Zeran86 if you like.
#sleepytime burrito

Deadass spaghetti

Postby Deadass spaghetti » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:56 am

Hello everyone! I'm pretty new to this type of thing. I discovered Drunks and Dragons not to long ago and have since caught up and started listening to Yer a Wizard Harry. I'm from California and am currently attending college. I just wanted to try this out since where i live there aren't many people who are into D&D or Geekly type stuff. Just wanted to see if i could make a few internet friends and talk about Magic the gathering and games. If so then send me a message. ;D

Return to “General Discussion”