Geekly Meetup in Washington DC area!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

Moderator: Global Moderator

TokenFilipino

Geekly Meetup in Washington DC area!

Postby TokenFilipino » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:00 am

Hey everyone!

TruFormUnseen and I are meeting up in Washington DC on the weekend of Feb. 11, and are wondering if there are any other Geeklies who would be willing to come too! It's gonna be super laid back. Nothing too fancy. Meet up for dinner and drinks. Maybe play some games. We'll see how the night goes!

We haven't decided on anything just yet in terms of location and time because we want to make it as flexible as possible to accommodate anyone! So if you're in the area and you're interested, please comment below!

TokenFilipino

Re: Geekly Meetup in Washington DC area!

Postby TokenFilipino » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:32 am

Currently, I'm personally favoring these places (In no particular order):

1. The Board Room DC (Website: http://boardroomdc.com/)
- With 21 draft lines, an assorted collection of bottles & cans, a rotating list of wines by both the glass and bottle, and a fully loaded craft cocktail menu… YOUR POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS! Grab a pitcher of local IPA and watch sports on one of our 9 big screen TVs or cozy up with a BR Manhattan and play a game of chess with your neighbor. Our game closet is filled to the brim with games from every era. We are always open to suggested additions to our arsenal of games. Come in and enjoy yourself at The Board Room DC where there is always more fun and games!
- Address: 1737 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC 20009

2. Atlas Arcade (Website: https://dcatlasarcade.com/#dcs-retro-arcade-bar)
- ATLAS ARCADE IS D.C.'S ONLY RETRO ARCADE BAR. WARP INTO THE PAST WITH YOUR FAVORITE GAMES AND MUSIC FROM THE 80S AND EARLY 90S. IT'S LIKE BEING A KID AGAIN...ONE THAT IS ALLOWED TO DRINK BEER! (This was capitalized on the website. Not my doing ;D )
- Address: 1236 H St NE, Washington, DC 20002

3. Rocket Bar (Website: http://rocketbardc.com/)
- Funky bar with billiards, darts, shuffleboard & video games amid rec room decor with a rocket motif.
- Address: 714 7th St NW, Washington, DC 20001

4. Open for suggestions!

trueformunseen

Postby trueformunseen » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:57 pm

Those all look like good options!! I like the retro bar that seems cool!

TokenFilipino

Postby TokenFilipino » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:16 pm

I'm now torn between the first two options. The retro bar has all of those super sweet arcade games, while the board room bar has a bunch of different board games and more beer options. I guess it just kinda depends on what we wanna do.

Maeduin

Postby Maeduin » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:38 am

I can do this thing.
@matthewmmorris

trueformunseen

Postby trueformunseen » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:54 am

Board games are cool too!! I'm good with whatever. You guys are getting me out of my shell. Normally I'm a homebody but I really want to meet some other geeklies! If we go to the board room maybe we could put a D&D game together?

TokenFilipino

Postby TokenFilipino » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:57 pm

We might can find some games there that are like D&D, or I can bring some one-off games with me. I kinda like the board room because it provides us an atmosphere for group gaming and friendly conversation over a few (or more) pints haha.

Shadowette

Postby Shadowette » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:37 pm

I might be also interested in this. My one concern is will the places still let me in, since I am still not of age yet?

TokenFilipino

Postby TokenFilipino » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:45 pm

Hmm....I will check on that!

towriteisright2017

Postby towriteisright2017 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:46 pm

This sounds great. My husband @etor77 and I will try to come up to DC for it. What times are you thinking?

TokenFilipino

Postby TokenFilipino » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:54 am

Shadowette, I called the Retro Bar and they both don't allow underage people past 7pm. The Board Room said on their website that they would only allow underage people between 12-4pm. We were thinking about meeting up for dinner and drinks, possibly around 6ish, so that would rule out both places. I will keep looking around for feasible venues where age isn't an issue. I don't want you to feel discouraged to come just because you aren't 21 yet!

Towriteisright2017 and etor77, I hope yall can come! Like I said, we are thinking ~dinner time (6pm-ish ET) on Saturday, February 11th, if that works for you two. Very casual. I will be bringing some of my games with me if we happened to want to play them. Everyone is welcome to bring games or whatever as well! I will find a venue ASAP so that we can get this rolling.

trueformunseen

Postby trueformunseen » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:29 pm

I mean we could always get day drunk. ;D I wouldn't mind getting to the places early. Or maybe compromise get there early at like 4 and then the under 21 would have to to leave. Don't know if that's an appropriate solution. I'm just looking for 18+ in DC and they are all clubs.

trueformunseen

Postby trueformunseen » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:05 pm

Hey everybody!! Some exciting news!! So after some discussion with Token and taking everyone's schedules into account, we're thinking that meeting up at the retro bar at 4 hanging out there until we get hungry and then deciding on what to do for dinner. This seems to allow for the most amount of people to be able to participate. What do you all think? Yea or Nay.

Here's the link to the retro bars website:

https://dcatlasarcade.com

Maeduin

Postby Maeduin » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:48 pm

Sounds like a plan. I'll plan on being there then.
@matthewmmorris

Return to “General Discussion”