GC2016 Ride Share

Moderator: Global Moderator

AshShadowbrook

GC2016 Ride Share

Postby AshShadowbrook » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:07 pm

Its that time of year again folks, time to figure out how exactly you're #goingtogeeklycon! Got extra space in your car? Need to find a way to haul your ass across a few states? This is the place for you! Fill out one of the options below:

Need a Ride / Have a Ride:
Spots Needed / Spots Available:
My Gender:
Your Gender:
Starting Location:
Maximum detour to meet someone / maximum detour to pick someone up: (Just because someone is in, lets say, Chicago, doesn't mean they want to haul someone from southern IL. Double check where you are in relation to each other first!)
Date leaving home:
Date coming home:
Contact Method:
Notes: (Do you want gas money? Can you pay gas money? Is smoking a deal breaker for you? How limited is your luggage space? Do you require an offering of pizza flavored combos for the Road Trip Gods? Be sure to be specific!)
Please contact via twitter or G+, I do not check private forum messages

AshShadowbrook

Re: GC2016 Ride Share

Postby AshShadowbrook » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:53 pm

Have a Ride: The Shadowbrook Chariot awaits you!
Spots Available: 2 1
Starting Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Maximum detour to pick someone up: If you're taking the ferry from Vancouver to meet us on the island I will happily pick you up, and drop you back off at the ferry when returning home.
Date leaving home: Monday June 13th
Date coming home: Monday afternoon June 20th
Contact Method: ashadowbrook at gmail or @shadowbrookash, do not use the forum messaging system
Notes:
Are you on Van Island? Perhaps chillin' in Vancouver? Don't want to/can't drive 5 hours down the coast? Feel free to join the convoy. All it'll cost you the price of the ferry. Gas donations welcome but not required. Border crossing via ferry is a breeze. Its a 90 minute ferry ride from Victoria to Port Angeles, WA, and then a 4 hour drive to the hotel.
Whether you need to go there and back again or just need a ride back, you're welcome to join us.
Don't be allergic to dogs.

Maeduin

Postby Maeduin » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:34 pm

Have a ride: Yes I do
Available spots: 3, 4 if you want to get cozy
My Gender: Male
Your Gender: Whatever your preferred nomenclature is
Starting Location: Everett, Washington (20 Miles North of Seattle)
Max Detour to Meet/Pickup: Negotiable
Date Leaving Home: Noonish 15th or Morning of 16th, dependent on first day schedule
Date Coming Home: 20th
Contact Method: Tweet or PM
Notes: Please maintain good hygiene standards. Must be willing to deal with my choice of audio entertainment without complaining. No smoking or dipping in the car. Not 420 friendly.
@matthewmmorris

AshShadowbrook

Postby AshShadowbrook » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:53 pm

Matt,

After leaving the ferry we hit I-5 around Tacoma, so if you could get there, yeah, by all means. But we're coming from Vancouver Island (ferry landing at Port Angeles) not driving down the coast through Seattle from Vancouver proper.

Riddler_Justin

Postby Riddler_Justin » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:16 am

I'm a couple hours southwest of Seattle, in Grays Harbor County, along the coast. Anyone coming from that way? (I might have a car by then, but just in case, I figured I'd check).

I could probably get to Olympia fairly easily, maybe Tacoma a little less easily. And I'm happy to help with gas!

Maeduin

Postby Maeduin » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:11 pm

Riddler_Justin wrote:I'm a couple hours southwest of Seattle, in Grays Harbor County, along the coast. Anyone coming from that way? (I might have a car by then, but just in case, I figured I'd check).

I could probably get to Olympia fairly easily, maybe Tacoma a little less easily. And I'm happy to help with gas!

I pass through Olympia on my way down. I can get you along the way.
@matthewmmorris

Riddler_Justin

Postby Riddler_Justin » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:11 am

Maeduin wrote:
Riddler_Justin wrote:I'm a couple hours southwest of Seattle, in Grays Harbor County, along the coast. Anyone coming from that way? (I might have a car by then, but just in case, I figured I'd check).

I pass through Olympia on my way down. I can get you along the way.

Sounds great! Thanks!

Game_Baes

Postby Game_Baes » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:15 pm

Need a Ride / Have a Ride: have a ride
Spots Available: 3 (maximum 4 if people are small and dont mind squishing in!)
My Gender: Male, age 27
Starting Location: Seattle
Maximum detour to meet someone / maximum detour to pick someone up: I'm willing to go 30-45 minutes out of my way though if you pay entirely for the gas required to get to you I can probably stretch that up to 2 hours away. I enjoy driving.
Date leaving home: TBA. This is still a bit up in the air. I want to get down there for thursday though.
Date coming home:TBA. Probably leaving monday morning.
Contact Method: Phone or email. PM if you're interested I can give you my phone number, if you aren't comfortable climbing into a car with a random slabber we can meet up any time before hand.
Notes: I don't need gas fully paid for but i'd like some help paying for gas. Smoking doesn't bother me but id prefer it if it was kept to the minimum.

My name is Jason and I look forward to meeting ya'll!

TSilver

Postby TSilver » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:35 pm

Just purchased my ticket, I'm still working on all the logistics of this. I live forty miles north of Portland in Kelso, Washington. Not sure if I want to stay in the hotel, or open up my house for a few people and we can make the short commute every day.

Need a Ride / Have a Ride: Both!
Spots Needed / Spots Available: Yes!
Your Gender: Open
Starting Location: Kelso, Wa
Maximum detour to meet someone / maximum detour to pick someone up: I dunno on this point, kinda depends on what I'm doing
Date leaving home: As above!
Date coming home: The last day
Contact Method: email me at Doucette.sean@yahoo.com
Notes: no smoking in my car, but that may not be a problem!

Cementbrick

Postby Cementbrick » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:11 am

Is anyone leaving from South Eastern United States? Florida/Alabama area? Cause I'd like a ride. I know it's also super impractical because it'd be cheaper to fly. But yolo. Uh, you can contact me at Dominic.uecker@yahoo.com

Jyris

Postby Jyris » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:47 am

Need a Ride: From Minnesota, residing in the Anoka area, but can get into the cities or south of, if needed
Spots Needed: 1, maybe 2
My Gender: Female
Your Gender: IDC though having another girl in the car would make me feel more comfortable, overall
Starting Location: somewhere in Minnesota?
Maximum detour to meet someone: I can get pretty much anywhere in Minnesota, communication on this would be great. It's easiest for me to get into the cities, but I could probably get elsewhere if required.
Date leaving home: idk, whenever I can get a ride, to be honest
Date coming home: same as directly above
Contact Method: E-mail, text, snapchat...? I don't care, feel free to shoot me a message here or reply if you have space
Notes: Smokers are fine, though I do not smoke. I would be more than happy and willing to offer gas/food money, uh, idk, I'm pretty quiet until I'm not, then I never shut up. Consider yourself warned

tsunami560

Postby tsunami560 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:56 pm

Need a Ride / Have a Ride: I can drive!
Spots Needed / Spots Available: Chevy Sonic.. 4 max. 2 if you want to be comfortable.
My Gender: Male!
Your Gender: Matters not.
Starting Location: CA bay area.
Maximum detour to meet someone / maximum detour to pick someone up: If you are North of me, and south of Portland..
Date leaving home: 15th or 16th..
Date coming home:19 or 20th. I'm flexible.
Contact Method: tsunami560 on most social media. Or email tsunami560@gmail.com
Notes: (Do you want gas money? Can you pay gas money? Is smoking a deal breaker for you? How limited is your luggage space? Do you require an offering of pizza flavored combos for the Road Trip Gods? Be sure to be specific!) I'm open to discussion. I have a smallish car with 30 miles/gallon. I will need a place to stay, so I'm open to sharing a room. If you're from the bay, let me know.

Just Jeff

Postby Just Jeff » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:47 am

Cementbrick wrote:Is anyone leaving from South Eastern United States? Florida/Alabama area? Cause I'd like a ride. I know it's also super impractical because it'd be cheaper to fly. But yolo. Uh, you can contact me at Dominic.uecker@yahoo.com

I'm going, from FL, but there's no way in hell I'd drive. Unless... Do you have any dog sausage?

covalentpond

Postby covalentpond » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:12 pm

I have a ride from Vancouver BC

Need a Ride / Have a Ride: Have Ride
Spots Needed / Spots Available: 1 or 2
Your Gender: I don't know your gender
Starting Location: Vancouver BC
Maximum detour: 30+ minutes
Date leaving home: Thursday Morning (flexible)
Date coming home: Sunday night (flexible)
Contact Method: text 778-846-5135 or email covalentpond@hotmail.com

covalentpond

Postby covalentpond » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:23 am

covalentpond wrote:I have a ride from Vancouver BC

Need a Ride / Have a Ride: Have Ride
Spots Needed / Spots Available: 1 or 2
Your Gender: I don't know your gender
Starting Location: Vancouver BC
Maximum detour: 30+ minutes
Date leaving home: Thursday Morning (flexible)
Date coming home: Sunday night (flexible)
Contact Method: text 778-846-5135 or email covalentpond@hotmail.com

FULL

Return to “GeeklyCon”