Top 5 Of Death

Moderator: Global Moderator

eskimomo

Top 5 Of Death

Postby eskimomo » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:16 am

I'll be the first to post about it. It took me a few tries-- but I'm now I'm into this new GeeklyInc Podcast! Thanks for introducing me to new podcasts Geekly. Anybody else have any opinions? I was going to start from the beginning but I am listening to the latest episodes too.

Taunted Kibble

Re: Top 5 Of Death

Postby Taunted Kibble » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:26 pm

finally found the RSS link (i don't use itunes) and have 3-4 hours of driving today so i'll get back to this later today with an opinion.

Taunted Kibble

Postby Taunted Kibble » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:43 pm

So I listened to the first 4 episodes and half of the 5th while driving today and I like it. I'm sure there will be topics I don't necessarily care about like horror movies or whatnot but overall they seem to enjoy giving each other crap for their choices and rejoicing when they pick the same things.
One slightly annoying thing is the one guy always seems to like 4 out of 5 things that no one on the planet has ever heard of but I think we all have had that friend who was so 'indy' that to like something normal was physically painful.
That said, his options do sometimes add something that the listener might actually be interested in that they have never heard of before.

Azgarod

Postby Azgarod » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:17 am

If you are apart of the geeklyinc community and you have not listened to this podcast, you are not informed. This is by far one of the best and most hilarious podcasts ive ever heard. Granted they are roughly my age so they talk about a lot of nostalgic things for me. If you read this, stop reading right now and go listen to their first episode. It is so good.

eskimomo

Postby eskimomo » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:40 am

Yay Azgarod! I was beginning to feel like I was the only one :) besides @typicalveronica, of course. Maybe they need a woman on the podcast (pick me, Top 5 of Death) ;)

StephOKingston

Postby StephOKingston » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:55 am

I listened to one episode and loved it. Then I was filled with sorrow because the Internet here isn't strong enough to download podcasts.

Soon.

Azgarod

Postby Azgarod » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:01 pm

I powered through every podcast they had over the past week or so. BWK is by far my favorite person, but i'm biased because im pretty sure he's the twin brother of a friend of mine

Taunted Kibble

Postby Taunted Kibble » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:22 pm

lol that is entirely possible based on things he has said on the show. BWK does have some of the best stories but also some of the most obscure picks out of the 3.

I'm almost finished listening to them all, on 27 or 28 now and only skipped a few based on topics I have no interest in. I can't say I have a favorite host, but almost certainly Matt ran into Tim at some improv class and that's how they ended up here.

does everyone in Boston take improv classes or something?

Azgarod

Postby Azgarod » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:27 pm

Matt does improv? Who coulda guessed that. He never mentions his hobbies on the show

eskimomo

Postby eskimomo » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:30 pm

Taunted Kibble wrote:
does everyone in Boston take improv classes or something?

I know for a fact that everybody in Chicago takes improv classes so it is entirely possible that everybody in Boston does too ;)

eskimomo

Postby eskimomo » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:38 pm

They should do a fan questions podcast! Unless they want to remain mysterious I guess :P

Taunted Kibble

Postby Taunted Kibble » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:54 pm

top 5 fan questions?

my question:
where did the "smell ya later" catchphrase come from and who thought it was funny?

matty2tymes

Postby matty2tymes » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:18 pm

Hello everyone! it's me!...Matt! Host of the Top 5 of Death!

Now that's out of the way. Thanks for checking out our show. We are all real excited to be a part of the GeeklyInc crew.

To answer the last question on the "smell ya later" sign off/catch phrase. It is from the Simpsons. After listening to our show a few times, you will learn that we are real big Simpsons fans and the line comes from an episode where the look into the future and "smell ya later" replaces "goodbye". Here's a link!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=710IBS2QfHo

Taunted Kibble

Postby Taunted Kibble » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:11 am

well there ya go, now it makes a lot more sense!

The only other place I can place it from is the theme to Fresh Prince and since that showed up on a top 5 also, would have made as much sense.

OmgVeronica

Postby OmgVeronica » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:13 pm

Hey guys, @typicalveronica here. I need to streamline my brand and drop the omg to make room for typical....another day, perhaps.

Anyway, I'm so glad more people latched onto the show. I really like it. BWK is my favorite personality on the shizzow. I've listened to all but 2 episodes.

Oh and female guest....uh yes please. I guess eskimomo and I are the first two in lines... We're gonna have sweet ass seats!

Return to “Top 5 of Death”