Episode 39 - Theme Park Attractions

Moderator: Global Moderator

eskimomo

Episode 39 - Theme Park Attractions

Postby eskimomo » Mon May 12, 2014 1:34 pm

Here's a topic for the latest episode!

One comment before I go and take a final exam!
The theme park near me had a ride like the "Gravitron" called the "Silly Silo" (it was cylinder and not angled at all; we don't just love farm-related things more than starships... I think...)
But after hearing that story about the girl's hair, I will be much more careful if I go on a ride like this in the future :o

Chris, The Creator

Re: Episode 39 - Theme Park Attractions

Postby Chris, The Creator » Tue May 13, 2014 2:20 am

I've only been to a couple theme parks in my life but the one roller coaster that stands out in my mind is "Verbolten" at Bush Gardens Williamsburg. it is one of the smoothest, most fun roller coasters i've ever ridden! it has everything indoor, outdoor and a platform that drops the whole car like ten feet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_BSoVAjGrk

0dius

Postby 0dius » Thu May 15, 2014 6:51 am

5. Space Mountain - Disneyland(front row or bust)
    4. Soap Box Racers - Knott's Berry Farm, CA (Closed and turned into some ride called the Accelerator or some trash. Was cool bc the heavier your box the better your odds of winning.)
    3. Batman: The Ride - Six Flags Magic Mountain
    2. Toy Story Mania - Disneyland, California Adventure
    1. Pirates of the Caribbean - Disneyland
*Note*
The Back to the Future Ride was way better than the Simpsons ride. also as a fairly tall person that ride suuuuckssss (the motion sickness warning is pretty legit).
Haunted Mansion at Disneyland does the Nightmare Before Christmas Theme

Honorable Mentions.... Tatsu and X2 both at Six Flags Magic Mountain (I've never been to a theme park outside of CA, that I really remember... Once to Disneyworld and just remember going on some ride with Figment or something in it? Idk it was the early 90's)
Creeping up, infiltratin' the geeks.
Twitter

eskimomo

Postby eskimomo » Fri May 16, 2014 2:09 am

Also, let me say that I love that people around my age still love theme parks! I love it and wish I had friends to go with... I am now waiting for my friend's children to be old enough so I can take them and be cool Aunt Eskimomo and have an excuse to go!

0dius

Postby 0dius » Fri May 16, 2014 7:56 am

eskimomo wrote:Also, let me say that I love that people around my age still love theme parks! I love it and wish I had friends to go with... I am now waiting for my friend's children to be old enough so I can take them and be cool Aunt Eskimomo and have an excuse to go!

Man they are super expensive to get into these days (particularly if you have children) at least out west. Fun, but we'd have to save quite a bit to get it done.
Creeping up, infiltratin' the geeks.
Twitter

matty2tymes

Postby matty2tymes » Tue May 20, 2014 4:16 pm

0dius wrote:
    5. Space Mountain - Disneyland(front row or bust)
    4. Soap Box Racers - Knott's Berry Farm, CA (Closed and turned into some ride called the Accelerator or some trash. Was cool bc the heavier your box the better your odds of winning.)
    3. Batman: The Ride - Six Flags Magic Mountain
    2. Toy Story Mania - Disneyland, California Adventure
    1. Pirates of the Caribbean - Disneyland
*Note*
The Back to the Future Ride was way better than the Simpsons ride. also as a fairly tall person that ride suuuuckssss (the motion sickness warning is pretty legit).
Haunted Mansion at Disneyland does the Nightmare Before Christmas Theme

Honorable Mentions.... Tatsu and X2 both at Six Flags Magic Mountain (I've never been to a theme park outside of CA, that I really remember... Once to Disneyworld and just remember going on some ride with Figment or something in it? Idk it was the early 90's)

Is it only at Disneyland they do the Nightmare Before Christmas haunted mansion?

B_squared

Postby B_squared » Tue May 20, 2014 10:13 pm

Theme parks are definitely one of my top reasons for living in the midwest, between Cedar Point and Kings Island there is sooo much fun to be had. Loved all of the lists, but was suprised at the lack of stand up rides Mantis is awesome!

Return to “Top 5 of Death”