December Geekly Game Night

Every couple of weeks we arrange a night to get together and play games, generally on PC. Keep up with this forum for all the details.

Moderator: Global Moderator

JonahG

December Geekly Game Night

Postby JonahG » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:10 pm

Let's organize a game night! I'm off the last two weeks of December, so I think I can pretty confidently be the organizer of a game night for once :)

So let's get suggestions for games and a day that works well. I'm thinking maybe the 26th? People I assume will have wrapped most of their Christmas stuff. I'm in Pacific time so it might have to happen a little later than normal game nights.

Let me know!
I am a co-writer for SAYER.
I also have a personal website and a pretty active twitter feed.
Sometimes I publish stuff to Amazon.

Noodz

Re: December Geekly Game Night

Postby Noodz » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:27 pm

26th is no good for me unfortunately, Boxing Day and shit. 27th onwards i'm good though.
I nominate Garry's Mod, lots of different games we can play with it. Murder, Trouble in Terrorist Town, and Prop Hunt are the popular ones but there are loads more.

Adam Bash
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Adam Bash » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:03 am

Ditto all Noodz says. 26th doesn't work for me. 27th does. Bought Garry's mod for this purpose and still need to play it.

Noodz

Postby Noodz » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:07 am

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you also need Counter Strike Source, but i think that's just for some of the assets so you might jut be able to download some files.

JonahG

Postby JonahG » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:50 am

OK, the 27th should work fine for me. Garry's mod is a thing I would need to buy if that's what we end up playing.
I am a co-writer for SAYER.
I also have a personal website and a pretty active twitter feed.
Sometimes I publish stuff to Amazon.

Kalabajooie

Postby Kalabajooie » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:15 am

I'm off those two weeks as well, so I can (probably) participate! Whee!

There are a lot of respectable free-to-play and inexpensive multiplayer games to choose from. Some that come to mind are Loadout, FireFall, World of Tanks/Warplanes, Guns of Icarus Online, AirBuccaneers (if we can get a good number of people together), AirMech among dozens of other MOBAs... The list goes on and on. I've played most of those myself and/or for my channel and find them quite fun.

In addition, the Don't Starve Together closed beta should be opening up soon to everyone who has signed up. I don't know if they're still taking apps but that could be a deadly good time.
Watch me play games and hear my sonorous voice at http://www.youtube.com/Kalabajooie
Check out my Twitter maybe. http://www.twitter.com/WhatIsAClayton

Return to “Geekly Game Night”