New thread for D&D virgins - let's play!

Either in person or online

Moderator: Global Moderator

risen72

Re: New thread for D&D virgins - let's play!

Postby risen72 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:47 pm

Ha, after I hit submit on the other post, I saw this link. So here is a paste of what I said in the other thread:

Hey everyone,

I'm a long time fantasy fan, geekly fan, although I've never played a single session of D&D and I don't venture on this forum much. But I'm looking to change all that.

Now I work part time shift work, so my schedule is a little all over the place but I at least know my schedule 1 week beforehand. I'm an older gamer, enjoy RPGs in many forms and I've love to finally play some D&D with like minded people.
Cheers,

risen72

BoredToBeth

Postby BoredToBeth » Wed May 03, 2017 2:55 pm

Hey there!

Sorry I can't be much help Risen - I'm not sure if the folk in the US are still following this thread, but it ended up not really going anywhere - not too sure why for everyone else, but for me the difference in time zones just didn't seem feasible for me. Sooo i'm now using Roll20 to try to find a group with people in the UK/Europe - but I would rather play with fellow Geeklies!

Do you use twitter? If so, that might be worth a try? Geekly folk are really active on there and I bet you'd be able to get a ragtag group together in no time!

Good luck!

risen72

Postby risen72 » Fri May 05, 2017 1:42 am

Thanks for answering!

Yeah different time zones can be tough. I live in rural Nova Scotia and the nearest local game at a comic book shop is a 4 hour drive away lol. On twitter I'm @risen72, so I'll keep an eye out there.

I'm sure I'll find a game eventually. Just always wanted to try it.
Cheers,

risen72

GildasMagnus

Postby GildasMagnus » Tue May 09, 2017 9:03 pm

Hey there!

Fellow Geekly looking for group - GMT Timezone, fair amounts of experience with 3.5 (Player and DM) but very interested in getting into 5e as a Player. Happy with any group size, and I'm free most of the week. Have people considered banding together a Discord Server for quick chats and information?

All the best of luck to everyone looking :)

BoredToBeth

Postby BoredToBeth » Wed May 10, 2017 10:45 am

Hey!

I think a discord server would be a great idea, I know myself that remembering to check in on the forums is really just chance. I'll be honest though, I've got an account (BoredToBeth) but have never used it, so if you or anyone else with a bit more experience would want to set it up i'd definitely be interested in using it.

I've still had no luck on Roll20...but i'm still holding out hope that i'll be able get a geekly group together eventually. I'm GMT too, and my 5e starter set has already started gathering dust, so if you feel like your group could ever make use of a total n00b/know anyone else looking - give me a shout!

All the best

kdubb

Postby kdubb » Sun May 14, 2017 5:48 pm

I would be interested in a roll20 game. Free most nights. I have a good amount of XP in 3.5, but can play any edition, though may revert back to 3.5 since that is what i've played the most. I'm not on the forums a lot, but my roll20 tag is kdubb666.

DonkeyHodey

Postby DonkeyHodey » Sun May 21, 2017 4:04 pm

Haven't played since 3.5, and even back then we were all just winging it and using it as an excuse to eat junk food and drink Code Red. I'd like to shift to DM'ing eventually, but would best be suited as a player for now until I learn all the rules (ALL of them). I'm in MST (Denver) and would be up for online play or IRL if anyone here is local.

Deandria

Postby Deandria » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:29 pm

I don't know if this is still a thing, since the last post was 3 weeks ago, but:

GMT/No experience*/Only interested in being a player (obviously)

I've wanted to play for years but the closest I got was only creating a character. We couldn't work out a time to get together then we all went off to uni.

MiekTheBrave

Postby MiekTheBrave » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:06 pm

So, been awhile since anything was posted here but:

EST/Little experience/ Interested in being both DM and player

I've played before but with a DM who didn't know what they were doing and didn't have the time to put into the campaign. I'd really love to find a couple different groups to play with. Email me at Mikelyon1119@gmail.com or message me on the forums or on discord at Miek The Brave#1258
Roll20 welcome!

IForgetHisName

Postby IForgetHisName » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:47 pm

EST / 0 Experience / With more experience under my belt I might feel comfortable in a DM role, but right now I'd only be comfortable being a player character.

Most of what I have listened to has been 5e, so I feel like I'd probably be better at playing that than at any of the other editions, but I really don't know. I just signed up for a Roll20 because I hear that is a thing.

There are some Tuesdays where I meet up with a group to do non-roleplay tabletop games, so Tuesday nights are probably not the night for me, but I can't currently think of any reason that I wouldn't be available any other night.

I feel like I may have missed the boat on this particular thread.
G'day mate.

baccas

Postby baccas » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:44 pm

So, I haven't played DnD in a few years, but now that I am getting a divorce, I have TONS of spare time. I have a few hundred hours on Roll20 (4e) and I have maybe 100ish played on Fantasy Grounds (5e). I am interested in a group. I Loved 4e to be honest. I am not much of a roll players, but I do like coming up with creative solutions to piss off my GMs. Once in a dungeon, when I was presented with a locked gate made of metal bars, I stripped my Pixie Wizard naked and conjured up some butter so as to slide through the bars. The GM was pretty pissed and from that time on all metal gates with bards included a fine mesh in between. :D

But anyways, I am looking for a game and would love to play again. O0

Atari_Lord

Postby Atari_Lord » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:21 pm

I'd love to play as a character, I've only played a couple of times as DM for my friends. I really like coming up with interesting characters and wanna try them out. I'm very familiar with rules as I currently listen to 3 different real play podcasts.

DerpaChief

Postby DerpaChief » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:09 pm

PST / New to DnD / looking to play a super a character and learn more about how to play tabletop games in general and make new friendships maybe. I joined a biweekly game on the Discord and just want to see ignorant I can manage to join a second game as well.

dlclarke777

Postby dlclarke777 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:57 am

GMT/New to D&D/Can do either Mon, Tues, Thurs or Sun eve (weekly or fortnightly).
Prefer to be a PC, but open to DM'ing if there is a group of extra patient adventurers looking for a DM.

LustinAacey

Postby LustinAacey » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:58 pm

PST. I have basically no experience with actually playing D&D, only a bunch of attempts at character creation with the free Player Basic Rules. I would want to be a player until I knew the game better.

Return to “Find a Gaming Group”