Drunkeros RP: Episode III

Either in person or online

Moderator: Global Moderator

JamesKPolkerface

Drunkeros RP: Episode III

Postby JamesKPolkerface » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:39 am

Last Time in the Drunkeros RP
With Baal-Ox, Olivia LeBoome, Crocuta, Gwendolyn Maria Shaddow, Arden Umbershade, Auda Amsel, and Drascoline Emilisk

...Ox, Olivia, and Croc were in the middle of a fight between the fishing village of Easterwatch and a massive gnoll pack terrorizing the countryside. Ox and Olivia were captured by the gnolls, but each was captured by a different gnoll faction. The gnoll Shaman Rotgut held Olivia and cursed her if she didn't kill the gnoll King Razorgore.

Ox and Olivia started a fight between shaman Rotgut and King Razorgore, where Olivia lost an arm and Ox lost at least one eye. The timely arrival of Croc the monk saved the pair and helped them escape. They made it back to Easterwatch by morning.

In Easterwatch the trio patched themselves up as best they could. This was somewhat better for Olivia than for Ox. They spoke to the town authorities and decided to go finish the gnoll threat for good. They rounded up a posse of townsfolk and set off back towards the gnoll camp...

Meanwhile Gwen the Darkblade was making a hasty escape from a botched job in Easterwatch. She bolted out of town just one step ahead of the authorities, fleeing into the countryside in hope that the three heroes who she had seen defending the town could defend her too.

When Gwen had nearly caught up to the party she was ambushed by a gnoll patrol. The gnolls took her down quickly with a poisoned arrow. Luckily the party heard the fracas, found the unfortunate Gwen, and dispatched the gnoll patrol. Croc harvested the soul of the last gnoll and used it to revive Gwen and temporarily stave off the effects of her poison. Despite some initial uncertainty, she was quickly accepted into the group.

The party decided to keep moving through the woods. By noon Croc had led them to within a short distance of the main gnoll camp, where they decided to investigate a cave strewn with mutilated gnoll corpses. At the cave they ran across Arden, a former pirate who happened to be wandering the woods in search of adventure.

After tense introductions the group began to investigate the cave of dead gnolls, suspecting it might be related to Rotgut the gnoll Shaman. A sudden necromancer appeared in the cave, prompting Ox and the posse of townsfolk to recklessly charge in. They cut the apparent necromancer down, but when they did the mutilated gnolls strewn about the cave began to reanimate as zombies.

It seemed that Rotgut the gnoll Shaman had lured the party in to the cave with his trademarked gore and violence. He caused the reanimated zombie squad to attack the party from behind. At the same time his small gnoll pack burst out of the woods and attacked the party from the front. The group began to fight the gnollish hoarde when Olivia managed to convince shaman Rotgut to stop and join forces against their common enemy: the gnoll King Razorgore. Ox and the townsfolk moved around the zombies and rejoined the party. Just as the party and Rotgut came to an agreement, a nearby huntsman named Aud spied the apparent standoff.

Aud expertly loosed an arrow at gnoll shaman Rotgut. However the arrow was deflected in its flight by one of Rotgut's mercenaries, the dragonborn Drasc. Rotgut was enraged by the attack, and ordered his warriors to kill the party. As the battle was re-joined, Ox shouted an offer of a large sum of gold for whoever killed Rotgut.

This offer of gold made Drasc decide to switch sides, and the dragonborn turned on his former gnollish employer. Drasc, Arden, Croc and Ox charged shaman Rotgut to try to cut off the pack's head. Meanwhile Olivia, Gwen, and the townsfolk held back from the gnolls behind them. In the fight, most of the townsfolk were killed. Aud began to pepper the gnolls with arrows from the treeline, while he sent his hunting dog Fang in to tear down the gnolls at close range.

Ox entered a reckless rage and tried to kill Rotgut, but the stress off the battle overwhelmed his infected and weak body and he fell unconscious. At that moment one of the slave-soldiers who the gnolls were forcing to fight switched sides, and partially impaled Rotgut. With Rotgut shrieking in pain, Croc seized the shaman and harvested his soul, and through Rotgut he harvested the soul of every zombie that Rotgut's necromancy was controlling.

The gnolls fled and the group stood in awe of Croc's feat. Aud retreated into the woods in order to evaluate the group before he decided whether or not he could trust them. Soon, only one gnoll remained. The gnoll was Rotgut's daughter, who said that by gnollish custom she must now marry Croc.

And now the group has paused to consider this, to lick its wounds, and to plan its attack on Razorgore.

Want to learn more about the Drunkeros RP! Guidelines and formatting help can be found at http://geeklyinc.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=978 A non-canon RP World Map and map of Easterwatch can be found at http://www.reddit.com/r/dndpodcast/comments/2r5nmn/drunkeros_rp_map/.
Shout out to u/JonsLastWords on reddit, if you or anybody wants help joining just message me or one of the other RPers. So post a character sheet, jump in, and join the fun!

Drunkeros RP Episode I http://geeklyinc.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=978

Drunkeros RP Episode II http://geeklyinc.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1052

Shadowette

Re: Drunkeros RP: Episode III

Postby Shadowette » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:02 pm

Gwen looks at Croc and giggles a little. "Aww Croc you're going to settle down now?" She asks as she nudges his arm toward his daughter

GhostCross

Postby GhostCross » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:57 pm

"You know, it's mighty kind of you to offer such a thing. But see....the thing is......uhhh..that isn't going to happen."

Looking extremely offened Rotgut's daughter responds "This is an honor and tradition among my people you cannot turn it down!"

"I'm sure it is. And I'm sure you are a great catch for some other gnoll but I can't do it."

"Why the hell not!!!"

"hmmmm.....uhhhh....Oh because I'm already married....Yeah that's it...I'm married."

Croc glances to the rest of the group not sure on how else to get out of this. Hoping someone would corroborate his lie.

JamesKPolkerface

Postby JamesKPolkerface » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:10 pm

Ox looked over at Croc, Gwen, and the big gnoll woman. Ox lay beneath a large oak tree, he was watching the sun sinking low in the sky. The party had left the cave and found a hidden vale in the hillside. They'd secreted themselves away there while they licked their wounds. Well, while Ox licked his wounds.

"Yep, he's already got a wife" Ox called out to the gnoll woman. "Her name's--uh--Allie."

The gnoll woman didn't seem perturbed. "Of course," she said, "My husband-to-be is a great warrior. No one else have killed my father. He must have taken many wives before. It is no matter, I will make myself the greatest wife."

Ox laughed to himself. It was the same conversation that Croc and the gnoll woman had been having ever since he'd been woken up, just with slightly different words.

The crew had patched Ox up some. But he was definitely infected, he was cursed by the small gods. So he prayed to the small gods, and decided to give them a flesh sacrifice. Between the magic and the flints, the party got an inconspicuous fire going, and Ox heated a knife in it until it glowed. Then came the sacrifice part. He'd asked Croc and Drasc to hold him down, and Olivia and Gwen to cut away the infected flesh. That was bad, but it ought to have satisfied the small gods. It was a good sacrifice to the small gods, so hopefully that would be that.

Shadowette

Postby Shadowette » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:41 am

After Gwen had finished cutting away the infected skin. She sat down on the ground feeling ill. "How long was that magic supposed to ward off the poison?" She asks Croc as she coughs a little. "I'm not feeling so hot." Gwen states as she now feels some blood leaving her thigh. She sees a gash going across it and bites her lip worried.

terrible speaker

Postby terrible speaker » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:03 am

Olivia discarded the infected flesh in the fire, and looked over the area they just cut. "Ox, are you going to be okay? , that looks really nasty. I mean Ive seen some pretty messed up injuries. there was this one guy i worked with while doing a siege job. he thought he could outrun an arrow, none of us saw the other 30 elven archers. those guys turned his legs into flattered flesh rags... what happened to that guy after that?... anyway, point is, we really need to get you fixed up properly. "

She dug in her pouch and produced a tiny copper canister "some rubbing alcohol. sorry, best I've got "

Olivia tried to sit still by the fire for a little bit, fidgeting.. she was antsy.

Dangerlane90

Postby Dangerlane90 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:37 pm

Arden was nervous. He kept waiting for another group of gnolls to find them locking their wounds and of wouldn't take much for the battered band to be wiped out in their weakened state.

"So does someone have a plan moving forward?" he looked toward where Ox was leaning against a large oak tree and Gwen sweating more than the heat of the day would suggest. "I know we kind of got our lunch served to us back there a bit, but staying in one place out in the wilderness might not be a great long term strategy. Are there any other towns nearby?"
DM: Are you sure?
Me: Well now I'm not!

terrible speaker

Postby terrible speaker » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:29 pm

Olivia perked up to Arden "yeah! i mean no, Richcross is the closes place but that's a bit of a distance? I've never needed to pass through there. but yeah we need a plan " She took a moment to clamber to her full height.

"We need a plan. The wisest thing to do is for a few of us to go out there quietly and take a look for a good breach point at least. maybe make some well placed guerrilla tactics. " She cracked her knuckle against her shoulder " might have something in there to get Gwen less on the dieing side. "

She smiled excitedly at Arden

JamesKPolkerface

Postby JamesKPolkerface » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:43 pm

Ox grimaced as he poured some of Olivia's rubbing alcohol on his wounds. It hurt pretty badly, but the wound-stitch powder was just so expensive, it was worth the risk and the pain to stick with this cleanser.

"Thanks," he said, passing the alcohol back to the one-armed sorceress, "That ought to do me right."

Ox turned to the rest of the group. "I'm with 'livia. Richcross is too far. We should sneak in and kill Razorgore all sneaky like.

"Or if y'all dont want that we could go big. Razorgore built a palisade wall around his hill. So maybe we should just block off the gate and light the camp on fire. They'll all fry.

"But If we burn em we gotta either light up the walls or sneak in and kill the guards first. Like 'livia said before. Archers can fuck you up, I once worked with some elf archers inside a siege myself. They shot up a whole lot of them as thought they were faster than an arrow."

GhostCross

Postby GhostCross » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:37 pm

"I'm all for fire and brimstone obviously. But we have to consider the innocents in the camp. We should have an evacuation team to lead them out a hole in the palisade that we make."

Knowing things would get complicated soon Crocuta walks over to Gwen.

"Hold still this is going to suck a lot."

He places a bandaged hand over the initial poison arrow wound, as the red mist escapes through the bandages it seeps into the wound, half a moment later the wound reopens and begins to seep a putrid liquid. Thick, dark and slimy the ooze pools below the wound. Pulling the poison out is excruciating as the mist has to wind its way through the entire cardiovascular system. The process takes around an hour while the others continue chats of strategy Interrupted by the occasional grunt from Crocuta or scream from Gwen.

When the process is done Crocuta is visibly drained, sweating profusely and breathing heavily.

"Oh Shit....that was way more of a fight than I expected but you should be good now. Just try to stay away from poison for awhile."

He grunts as he gets to his feet and approaches Ox.

"Ain't got a whole lot left but let's see what we can do friend"

After a much shorter and less painful session Crocuta stands up and nods to Ox

"You're going to be mighty sore for a bit, I stopped the infection from getting worse or spreading but your body is going to need to fight off the remaining part."

He turns towards the rest of the ragtag band

"So everyone, I was thinking we should have two teams to do this right, Team A Starts the fires by whatever means they feel the most comfortable with and then breaches the wall, Team B moves in and gets everyone out they can while Team A protects the breach and takes care of any fighters that try to escape."

He sits down on the ground and crosses his legs in front of him. He wasn't sure it was going to work but it was the best he had for right now.

Shadowette

Postby Shadowette » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:47 am

Gwen after feeling the ability to move from that painful experience, works on her leg tying it with a piece of cloth she had torn from her cloak. When she hears Croc talking she looks up and begins to think about what team she should be on as she begins to wrap her shoulder. "It should happen soon. I don't think most of us can take much more."She says as she looks at the battle worn group.

Dangerlane90

Postby Dangerlane90 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:23 am

Absentmindedly running his fingers along where his vest had been shredded, Arden looks to Crocuta. "I'm pretty good still. Id like to go start some mayhem and clear out any gnolls we may come across." He says pulling his hair into a tight bun and settling into a relaxed, but alert, stance."Count me in for team A!"
DM: Are you sure?
Me: Well now I'm not!

terrible speaker

Postby terrible speaker » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:22 am

"hopefully they're still alive in there.. it wasn't pretty before but, count me in for team A too, it's what's been paying for my belly filled every day, haha "

Tinker Turner

Postby Tinker Turner » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:22 am

Name: Septimas Lenston. A.K.A Sept

Race: Eladrin

Class: Bard

Weapons: A strange half-harp stretched out on a board with a bowl at the end is strapped to his back. There is a curved half-Sword. It apires to have been broken and re-welded with a strap of iron from a wagon wheel. Suffice to say, Sept needs a new sword.

Appearance: As Sept walks, or struts depending on the day, an casual observer would think that he was a elf prince or other roalty. But a closer observation, you will find that his clothes, though they are royalty, are vary shabby and run down. Also, they would notice that his ears are not pointed at the ends, but rather the bottom and his eyes are a solid, pale green. On a more basic level, he stands at about 5'10", though his full hight is a strait 6'. He is vary skinny, almost anorexic and is pale as a sheet.

Short Biography: Sept is not from Drunkros, nor any of the Neighboring dimensions. He is indeed from a forest world. In that world, he was nothing but a poor farmer. But one day, his luck changed when a traveling minstrel lost his horse and was forced to seek shelter with Sept. After a long talk, many beers, laughs, and not a small amount of swear words (he was a dark elf), the minstrel convinced Sept to come with him to a new land that not many people could fathom. There, he taught Sept the ways of song and stanza until, one day, in his old age, the minstrel fell ill. When it was clear he would never recover, he informed Sept that this is not the only world. There are others and all he had to do was get out there. He then gave Sept his most prominent treasure. A jewel encrusted key that opened a portal to the door plane, the pathway to any plane. From here, Sept meet a very fashionable pirate who informed him that there was some of his friends on a plane not to far away who could use some help. Sept, with nothing to do, went to the door and crossed the dimensions to drunkros. since then, he has wandered the city's from Mastwick to Caer to the far reaches of Yangahr. Until one day, on his way from Mastwick to Pelor's Hope, he had a run in with some unsavory fellows...

Tinker Turner

Postby Tinker Turner » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:45 am

As Sept is wandering from the town, a bandage wrapped round his head, he hears from his good ear some excitement in the woods. Exited and looking for a story, he dashes toward the tree line. As he runs toward the sounds of yelling and cursing, it is almost as the trees envelop him, throwing him from one tree to the next. When gets close, however, the excitement has already died down and Sept curses under his breath. He slowly creeps over the edge and gazes on the farce bellow.

OOC. Hello

Return to “Find a Gaming Group”