Anyone who has never played D&D before...

Either in person or online

Moderator: Global Moderator

bendrawslife

Re: Anyone who has never played D&D before...

Postby bendrawslife » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:01 pm

Just want to toss my name into the hat as well.

I've been wanting to play for a while, and went with my girlfriend to a meetup.com thing, but it was just a basic intro to D&D thing using pre-made characters and random dungeon cards. (And of course know some basic stuff through listening to the podcasts.) It was fun, but the story is what makes D&D for me. So, I'd love to get involved and learn, if possible.

Hack_Fox

Postby Hack_Fox » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:30 pm

I'm semi virginal as I've never played a real game, but I do have all of the 5e rule books and I'd love to play

TheGerbster

Postby TheGerbster » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:45 pm

HI! Great to be here. Just caught up on the dnd podcast and totally want to try playing. Never played before but it sounds great. Any info on times? Thanks!

BoredToBeth

Postby BoredToBeth » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:45 pm

Woohoo! Well I think we're off to a good start just knowing that theres a bunch of us who are still interested. I posted a link to this thread on twitter earlier and got a good response, so hopefully we'll start to see more people getting involved. Shall we give it another week or two to let other people see the thread and then try to sort something from there once we have a better idea of who wants to be involved/how many etc?

For now, I'm going to get my hands on a 5e players handbook and see what happens! 8)

(If y'all are on twitter and would find it easier to talk there i'm @boredtobeth_ - just holla!)

(Just saw TheGerbster's comment - very good point about times! Where abouts in the world are we all? I'm in the UK (Scotland).....also just had a thought - I feel kind of bad just hijacking Jacks original post, do you think we should create a new thread?)

TheRealLohke

Postby TheRealLohke » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:24 pm

I've played a handful of times only, but is the proud owner of Dungeon Master's Guide, Player's handbook, Monster Manual and Volo's Guide to monsters. The basic 5E collection. If any Europeans ('cause timezones) are interested, I'd be happy to participate... or DM, though I'll never be as amazing at that as Thrifty is. Just throwing that out there.

HansC

Postby HansC » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:04 pm

Hey soon-to-be D&D players! I noticed your Twitter post, wanted to see if you've thought about how you're going to get together and play? Roll20 or Fantasy Grounds could be good tools for getting a group together in different time zones online.
If anyone wants to talk more about the subject with me, I regularly DM games and would be happy to share ideas. I'm on Twitter at @HansCTweets.
Thanks and good luck!

DefinatePhilip

Postby DefinatePhilip » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:09 pm

DefinatePhilip of the same Twitter handle here.

I've been a DM from 3.5 to 5, Pathfinder and other fun systems. It seems like there might be a few groups to make out of the interest in this thread so depending on how its going to be organized I could run another group as DM. No double poison here. PST timezone.

Zac-attack21

Postby Zac-attack21 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:57 am

I am interested in joining if you are all still looking only played a few times with my friends who are brand new. Let me know if another spot is open. Thanks

teuben

Postby teuben » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:28 am

I am interested but would have to play quite late in PST.

BoredToBeth

Postby BoredToBeth » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:16 am

Just to complicate things even more, i've started a new thread for this over here https://geeklyinc.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1880

HansC makes a good point - has anyone got any past experience with Roll20 or any other stuff we could be considering? Thank you for offering to help though bud, i'll find you on Twitter and you will soon regret being so kind when you start to get bombarded with questions!

See y'all over on the new thread to keep this chat going (hopefully!)

risen72

Postby risen72 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:45 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm a long time fantasy fan, geekly fan, although I've never played a single session of D&D and I don't venture on this forum much. But I'm looking to change all that.

Now I work part time shift work, so my schedule is a little all over the place but I at least know my schedule 1 week beforehand. I'm an older gamer, enjoy RPGs in many forms and I've love to finally play some D&D with like minded people.
Cheers,

risen72

Return to “Find a Gaming Group”