How did YOU guys and gals come across the show?:)

Moderator: Global Moderator

Danskull

Re: How did YOU guys and gals come across the show?:)

Postby Danskull » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:55 pm

Mr. Dork wrote:
Danskull wrote:Hey all you lovely geeky people, newer listener here, first time forumer. I was wondering, how did yall stumble across the safe haven that is thriftys increasingly soothing voice? I personally did by accident,whilst looking at sonic fanart, when a certain picture of an indecent dragonborn popped up. Since that faithful day I have been hooked on all of geeklys amazing content. How did you come across the show? Share below:) or dont. Whatever...its whatever

I drew that! Glad I could pass on the torch since it was because of some fanart of Thom I found this podcast.

Wow really? You're an awesome artist! And thank you so much, if it wasn't for you id never have found my way to geekly, and would have missied out on the hours and hours of laughter, I salute you Mr.Dork

Frothy Loins

Postby Frothy Loins » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:10 am

i landscape and spend many an hour upon a heavy piece of herbal mutilating machinery. Have always listened to a variety of podcasts, discovered critical hit and started plowing through that. As a dungeons and dragons player since 1992 I was thoroughly enthused to discover a d&d podcast to my hours of potential listening. Without wishing to throw to much shade the chemistry of that podcast went severely south so I started looking around for other d&d podcasts to fill the vacancy between our sessions.. Drunks? Dragons? I loved both those things. I hopped in around episode three, Have turned multiple players on to them. Our slabbers and post slabbers crew seems to be the most consistent in reliable humor, story, focus and just personality.
That being said, wheres this weeks episode!? ;)

Frothy

Tim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Tim » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:21 pm

This is amazing. I had no idea so many folks found the podcast by the amazing fan art we have! Especially the Sonic one, which is one of the best.

Reichinator

Postby Reichinator » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:36 pm

I got really into Game of Thrones during season 2. Couldn't get enough of it really. So I read all the books, moved to dunk and egg, watched all the lore videos on youtube, then moved on to podcasts. Found Cast of Thrones and got hooked instantly to Geekly Inc. Thought it was just the topic, so I checked out Drunks and Dragons. Found out it wasn't just the topic. Ended up going through all the episodes twice. They are all just fun people to listen to.

Solemn_Lyrian

Postby Solemn_Lyrian » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:31 am

Well I stumbled onto Nerd Poker by accident which I no longer listen to, but when trying to find similar stuff I saw the name Drunks & Dragons and along with the Drunk Dragon image they had gave it a shot. It made me smile during a really bleak time at the lab I work at. I think they were on Ep. 3 or 4 at the time and listened to them all in one day at the lab. I have been listening ever since then.

Danskull

Postby Danskull » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:30 am

Tim wrote:This is amazing. I had no idea so many folks found the podcast by the amazing fan art we have! Especially the Sonic one, which is one of the best.

Come for the fanart, stay for the nonsensical ramblings and Harper dick length conversations, Drunks and Dragons. Truly one of the best podcasts I have ever listened to, with the best people and audience around. Thanks Tim, for you're part in bringing geekly to the awesome entertainment platform it is today. Anyone ever say you should be on FOP? I think so at least

LadyAlanys

Postby LadyAlanys » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:43 pm

Yay! Bapperson fixed my account and now I can finally start posting! Brand new babby fan and forum poster here. I started playing Pathfinder about two years ago with friends, and that turned into an interest in more RPG-related stuff. I was an avid listener to Nerd Poker but eventually felt like the new campaign was off the rails, and decided to see if I could find a more focused, more gender-balanced podcast, which lead me to Drunks and Dragons about two months ago. I've been binge-listening to the show while running experiments in lab and cooking at home. Now that I'm almost caught up (episode 120!), I figured I should jump into the fray and chat with some of the lovely people the cast talk so much about. :)

SleepyFish

Postby SleepyFish » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:30 pm

I'd never played any sort of game like D&D, so when I saw "Drunks and Dragons" under new gaming podcasts on iTunes, I subscribed as some sort of research. They must have been somewhere around episode 5 at the time, very early on. Listened ever since.

Love em

Vala Vala

Postby Vala Vala » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:23 pm

I was desperately missing DnD as my group *never* gets together, so I searched for DnD under podcasts and the rest is history :D Drunks and Dragons has helped keep me sane while I try to find a new group to play with. Love the podcast!

midgetsnowman

Postby midgetsnowman » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:41 pm

When I landed a job a few weeks ago , I needed something to listen to all night at work, and started amassing a bunch of podcasts for listening to, and on a whim decided I needed at least one d&D podcast to listen to, and the first two I stumbled upon were this and Adventure zone. apparently I know how to pick em, as theyve both become absolute staples of my nightly routine, even if I have about 8 billion episodes of this podcast to catch up on..though I suppose thats actually an upside

currently back at episode 61-ish, enjoying the epic freakout that is almost hearing in his vouice the gears just grind to a stop in thom's head as his backstory starts up.

He and Aludra are my fave characters up to this point though, with Harper a healthy second place. (MY DARK PAST!)

ScarySiouxsie

Postby ScarySiouxsie » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:53 pm

I was getting very into the Drizzt books and wanted to learn about playing d&d. Google dungeons and dragons podcast so I could listen at work and found them about a month or two ago.

CausticPro

Postby CausticPro » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:09 pm

Back in high school I got second place in a programming competition and got an ipod nano. I'm pretty sure drunks and dragons was in the featured section of gaming on itunes podcasts or something like that. I think they were 14 or 15 episodes in when I started listening. Been hooked ever since.

PS. It's my cherry popping first post!

tsunami560

Postby tsunami560 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:06 am

It was a combination of things for me.

Early last year, my friends and I started a DnD campaign of our own. I love it. No joke, it's one of the few things I look forward to through the week. Between the game itself and hanging out/drinking with friends, it quickly became one of my favorite things to do.

Anyway, about 3 months into it, I was scrolling through facebook, and one of my friends asked "What are some good podcasts to listen to?" Well at the time, I was listening to Nerdist, and that's about it. But one of her friends mentioned Drunks and Dragons, and I just had to check this out.. Anyway, I did, and now it's my favorite. Started from the beginning, and caught up. Now I wait weekly for the next episode. I would join the twitch-cast, however it happens to land on the same night as my campaign.

Keep up the good work guys! You make my morning commutes worth the drive!

DungeonMaster

Postby DungeonMaster » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:09 pm

Frothy Loins wrote:... Have always listened to a variety of podcasts, discovered critical hit and started plowing through that... Without wishing to throw to much shade the chemistry of that podcast went severely south so I started looking around for other d&d podcasts to fill the vacancy between our sessions...

Pretty much the same story for me! Now all I listen to is Drunks & Dragons, Nightvale, and Sayer

It's interesting to discover what other podcasts people who listen to this show enjoy! I can only assume that I would find some of them enjoyabe based on a mutual love of the Geekly crew!

McSwigins

Postby McSwigins » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:25 am

Used to listen to Nerd Poker, but that took a bit of a downturn. So I took to reddit to find a new one and came across a post raving about this show. I had a ton of housework to do for a Christmas party so I began to binge the series and fell in love with it! I finally caught up just a couple of days(today) after they released episode 154 and
just my luck its the last live one for a few weeks.
I never thought a show could make me feel such intense nostalgia after just a couple months of listening, can't imagine what people who have been listening since the beginning felt like at the end of 154.
And that ending song was incredible!

Love the show and I can't wait for the next episode!

Return to “General Discussion”