Favorite D&D/RPG game moment

Moderator: Global Moderator

cody.c.benson

Favorite D&D/RPG game moment

Postby cody.c.benson » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:16 pm

Over the many many years of playing D&D I have a collection of amazing moments that have turned into great memories that will stay with me forever. Either an iron golem strangling a phoenix, a ranger who could never be hit, or discovering I could use a spell in a different then outlined in the book, I believe these moments are what make D&D games great. So I was wondering what is everyone's favorite D&D/RPG moments? The kind of moment that you still laugh about today years later or that is still a joke with your friends.

Suit Sage

Re: Favorite D&D/RPG game moment

Postby Suit Sage » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:01 pm

So it's relatively recent, but I started a campaign recently with a few friends over roll20. They started off trying to find a stolen caravan. They found inside a goblin who was fabulously decked out in jewelry (it was a caravan filled with jewelry) named Gobbly. They talked with him and found out he wasn't the one who attacked the caravan and was just hiding in there to stay safe. Due to some mushrooms in his home cave, Gobbly is... extremely stupid and incompetent. That being said, he has been (to my surprise) extremely powerful at times!

So far, the party was trying to talk to another goblin about his plans. Gobbly saw the goblin was being aggressive to the players, so to protect his new friends, Gobbly threw a stone at the goblin... and crit... killing the goblin.

Later, the party was trapped in a room with the walls moving in (the walls were wooden and being pushed by goblins, so no real threat). They tried to kick the door down, but all rolled very poorly. After the players realized the trick to the room and decided to clear it before moving on, Gobbly decided to help knock the door down cause he was still freaking out about the walls moving in. I had him roll with disadvantage... I rolled a 19 and a 20. He just charged that door down and ran right into a room with the goblin boss.

The boss ended up knocking out Gobbly, but the PCs saved him and are now bringing him along as an ally. xD

cody.c.benson

Re: Favorite D&D/RPG game moment

Postby cody.c.benson » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:39 am

Sometimes the dice will bless you with something awesome like that. One time I was running a game where the PC's were hired to protect a boat that was, unknown to them, smuggling a powerful magical artifact. They got attacked by the coast guard and managed to turn on the smugglers and find the artifact. The parties artificer, while on the coast guard boat, and half the party down in the hull, tried to use it to stop a storm. One amazing dice roll later a bolt of lightning split the boat in half and a skill challenge ensued where the party had to escape from a sinking boat and rescue an unconscious artificer. It was a great adventure and one of the first we had with the group and with 4th edition. It was amazing. One of those moments that keeps you playing the PRG you love.

Return to “General Game Discussion”