Moderator: Global Moderator

What best describes you?

I have played D&D for over a decade.
21%
I have played D&D for a few years.
38%
I have recently gotten into D&D.
34%
I have never played D&D, but I plan to soon.
No votes
I have never played D&D.
7%

Total votes: 29

Call_Me_Dorkblade

Your D&D experience?

Postby Call_Me_Dorkblade » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:14 am

I've never played D&D.  I've never even listened to any other D&D podcast.  I only tuned in because of Cast of Thrones and #5 probably best describes me.

Love the podcast.

Tondi-
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Your D&D experience?

Postby Tondi- » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:23 pm

You should add a option for;

I used DND as a gateway game into RPGs in general.  Now i'm addicted and play everything i can get my hands on.

...or that might just be me.

TinCow

Postby TinCow » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:49 pm

I picked #3, but it's not quite accurate.  I first started with D&D back with the original red and blue boxes back in the early 80s, but never actually played with other people.  I then got a lot of books and materials for 2E and played a bit with some friends but none of us really knew what we were doing and we didn't really play seriously.  I then dropped the PnP version of it, though I remained hooked on D&D crpgs for many years.  Penny Arcade's D&D podcasts brought me back in a bit and I got hooked on a 4E podcast about a year ago.  Six months ago I found out that some of my coworkers played 4E, so I joined in and I've been playing in regular games since then.  So, I've had an interest in D&D for about 30 years, but only really started playing PnP seriously recently.

dr0wwarr10r

Postby dr0wwarr10r » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:38 pm

Still rockin 3.5 ed. Since 2004.  Lost a fantastic crew when I left Oregon, finally got back into it a few weeks ago with a new crew.
@dr0wwarr10r
Keeper of the donkey stable

StephOKingston

Postby StephOKingston » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:40 pm

Started playing 4E last year, got hooked and now DM my own games.  I'm starting my first big girl campaign next week! Squeeee!
Book, AC 17, Fort 13, Ref 15, Will 12

Generic Fighter

Postby Generic Fighter » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:14 am

Played VG RPGs since I was about 10 or so. Played first Game of D&D on the Evening of September 10, 2001. So, now you know why that stuff happened the next morning:( But Seriously, I was panicked about that for weeks afterwards. That all that bad stuff happened had something to do with me Playing "Satan's Game":( But, I realized quickly that it had nothing to do with my game the night before and a lot more to do with the fact that the world has way too many Assholes in it! So, am feeling much better since then:)

GF
WARNING! I have a sense of humor and am NOT afraid to use it!

My PhotoBucket of random stuff, mostly Minis I've Mangled..I mean Painted and Modified :P
http://s124.beta.photobucket.com/user/G ... r/library/"]http://s124.beta.photobucket.com/user/GenericFighter/library/

Cowboy Centaur

Postby Cowboy Centaur » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:39 am

been playing since erlier this year, and couldnt find a group so i had to start as a DM. eventually tyhat group broke up so I started playing with my 5 year old son, 7 year old daughter and 10 year old nephew in a "wreck it Ralph" themed campaign. the backstories they came up with for their characters are truly awe-inspiring.
Ward Carrol, half-elf cleric of Melora.
HP:32 ~ AC:19 ~ FORT:14 ~ REF:13 ~ WILL:16

twitter= @cowboycentaur

Alustryil

Postby Alustryil » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:52 am

My first game was longer ago than I'll ever admit.  I played a half elf thief in a 2nd Ed Ravenloft campaign that my cousin DM' d.  Moved away, joined the Army and gave up D&D for a few years.  Started again a couple of years ago with my fiancé and now we're considering 4th Ed thanks to this podcast  :)
Of course it's evil, kill it!

John H

Postby John H » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:08 am

I started back with 2nd edition in the early 90's and fell away from it as our group broke up.  When 4E came out a friend of mine suggested we give it a go and we've been playing ever since. 

The same friend got me hooked on podcasting.  I never knew such a thing existed for RPG's and I follow about 15 podcasts still and was a member of the Nerdbound podcast for about 2 years.  If you're looking for a recommendation I've got ya covered.
Janosh - Razorclaw Shifter  HP 22, AC 17, Fort 14, Ref 16, Wil 15

NewbieDM

Postby NewbieDM » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:15 pm

Been playing 3.5 for a little over a year in two campaigns.  I DM one, and my future brother-in-law DM's the other. 

spacegravity

Postby spacegravity » Wed May 22, 2013 12:23 pm

A childhood friend of mine, his home was a Wizards of the coast wonderland. all the D&D books and magic cards as far as the ey could see, and he introduced me to 3.5 (as well as magic), we played games every so often with him as DM and some other friends until we the PC's went off the rails.

Picked it up againr ecently inspired by this podcast and sucked up the gusto to the the helm of DM for 4 of my closest friends. I have a damn fun time playing villian and story teller. now tog et back to working out how to get those F***s this time. >D

Cowboy Centaur

Postby Cowboy Centaur » Wed May 22, 2013 2:15 pm

my daughter told the umpire at her first softball game last night if he called any strikes on her she'd curse him, 'couse she was a wizard.

then she did a little soft shoe routine till her coach yelled at her

twitter= @cowboycentaur

Tim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Tim » Fri May 24, 2013 11:39 am

I love hearing these stories! I always wanted to play D&D but didn't know how to bring the topic up with my Christian school friends. I think that episode of the show "Recess" pushed me to really want to play.

I didn't get my first game until I moved to Boston and Jennifer and I started playing with some of her Divinity school friends. It was a much more serious game than the DnD cast, but it was still a lot of fun. Every Thursday we would order take out and drink a couple of beers and get our role play on. I played a barbarian Teshar. Miss that guy sometimes....

Cowboy Centaur

Postby Cowboy Centaur » Fri May 24, 2013 12:00 pm

Lol, i know how that goes, I grew up the son of assembles of god ministers, and knew full well how playing dnd would make you extremely vulnerable to demonic possession, and was forced to attend more than one poke'mon burnings at my church.

I've warned my kids to not talk about how awesome their characters are to grandma and grandpa unless they want a lecture and to be violently prayed over in tongues.

twitter= @cowboycentaur

Kinndy

Postby Kinndy » Wed May 29, 2013 7:02 pm

I've been playing off and on for about a year now. The first time I experienced D&D was when my boyfriend (now husband) was invited to play a game while on leave with some old high school buddies of his. I declined to play at the time. A couple years later he's been discharged and he's trying to get a group of mutual friends to play. We played a couple sessions  but it never really got anywhere. It wasn't until about January when we finally got a dedicated group of friends to play weekly. We're still going strong to this day.  :D

Return to “General Game Discussion”