The Legend of Corncob Boy

Moderator: Global Moderator

Anonymous

The Legend of Corncob Boy

Postby Anonymous » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:47 pm

Game: The Legend of Corncob Boy
Brief Description: An MBMBaM inspired game
Additional Information: A couple of years ago, I put together a few Pathfinder sessions for my friends. It's MBMBaM inspired, with references to other things thrown in as well, such as Deadly Premonition, Bollywood movies, and Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog. If we have enough time, I'll be gming the two sessions together, as they're fairly short (it all depends on how much interparty rping you want to do, the more the better). While I built them in Pathfinder, if the players would prefer 5e, I'd be happy to convert it. Characters are level one, and I can help you build your character before the con. Newbies are totally welcome :)
Game Master: Robyn Alexander
GM Email: robyn_alexander_7@hotmail.com
GM Twitter: @tehNybors
Game Type: Tabletop RPG
Date: 2016-06-18
Time: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Spots in Game: 5
To sign up for this game, go to GeeklyCon.com/Calendar.php

starthree16

Re: The Legend of Corncob Boy

Postby starthree16 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:00 pm

This session sounds interesting. How interested are you in coverting to 5E?

nybors

Postby nybors » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:35 am

I have no experience converting things from system to the other, but I'm totally willing to give it a try. I generally play a little fast and loose with the rules anyways (I haven't gmed very often and it usually makes better gameplay to make something up than spend 15 minutes looking it up). I know Pathfinder can be intimidating. Either way I'm more than happy to help people make characters.

Mr_Cynic

Postby Mr_Cynic » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:59 pm

Sorry, what is MMBa whatever it is?

nybors

Postby nybors » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:18 pm

My Brother My Brother and Me. It's a great podcast, and actually how I found Cast of Thrones (and then everything cascaded from there). I know most of the hosts listen to them, and assumed a lot of other Geeklies did too.

Ferret

Postby Ferret » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:40 am

Like to play a wizard if that helps, perhaps elf. Familiar with 5e not Pathfinder, though I'm sure its pretty similar.
Scott

nybors

Postby nybors » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:00 pm

That sounds fine. I've never played a wizard in Pathfinder because non-spontaneous casters give me a headache. But it's a one shot so it shouldn't matter too much. Pathfinder isn't too different, it's just crunchier with more things to keep track of. I tend to ignore some of those things and treat it a little more like 5e though. If you want, you can start a character on mythweavers or your site of choice and I'll help as much as I can. Also, the d20pfsrd site is a great resource if you don't have the books.

nybors

Postby nybors » Mon May 16, 2016 6:14 am

Not sure how many people are checking the forum, but if possible I'd like to get character sheets from everyone.
Everyone is starting as part of a mercenary group. Level one, 20 point buy. So far it sounds like we have an elf wizard and an aasimar monk.
Thanks, guys :)

StephOKingston

Postby StephOKingston » Wed May 18, 2016 7:26 am

I would just like to say that I am super jealous and wish I could play in this game. MBMBaM also led me to Cast of Thrones which basically changed my life.

nybors

Postby nybors » Wed May 18, 2016 5:39 pm

Seven players might be a bit much, but you’re welcome to join us. Or, if you prefer/enough people are interested, I could run it any time online. I have it on Roll20, which is actually the ideal experience because of some of the visual gags and music. I’m going to see if I can borrow someone’s tablet or maybe bring a laptop to the table to make up for it.
And yes! I don’t know where I’d be if not for the brothers McElroy and Cast of Thrones/Drunks and Dragons/Geekly. It’s uplifting knowing there are such wonderful people even on the internet.

StephOKingston

Postby StephOKingston » Wed May 18, 2016 11:38 pm

Sadly I'm running a game at a conflicting time. But mayhaps the stars will align and we can play online one day!

nybors

Postby nybors » Thu May 19, 2016 6:13 pm

Oh, that's right! Not to get too far off topic, but do you mind if I ask about the RE Sailor Moon game on Sunday? Is there really only room for ten people to watch? Or will it be recorded so the people who don't fit can listen later? Because you guys are amazing and it would suck to miss out on that.

Ferret

Postby Ferret » Fri May 20, 2016 3:44 am

Hey Robyn, emailed you my character specific info. For those that are in my group it will be great to meet you all! I'll give a small amount of info to help you know more about my character before we play.
Ferret Silverstaff Elf wizard
I am extremely good at several knowledge skills and languages. spellcraft. arcana, local, history, religion. Speak orc, goblin, draconic, sylvan.
Master of Magic, well at least lots of low level stuff since I'm only 1st level afterall! :-)
Also got an awesome composite longbow made from 2 spines of some unknown human"oids?".... mu ha ha ha ha ha!

Scott

nybors

Postby nybors » Fri May 20, 2016 8:11 am

Thanks, Scott! I just got home from work and have to crash, but I'll look it over in the morning before work if I can.
A wizard with a longbow is definitely a cool idea though. I like it :D

Return to “GC Games”