Why are there so many fandom 'jokes' about Gendry still rowing?

Moderator: Global Moderator

mediadavid

Why are there so many fandom 'jokes' about Gendry still rowing?

Postby mediadavid » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:10 pm

I just don't understand why it is even an issue to be commented on, never mind constantly brought up and 'mocked', as if the show writers have made a hilarious mistake.

Do people really want to see a scene in the next episode where he lands ashore? And then a scene in the next episode where he walks to the nearby town? And then a scene in the next episode where he persuades the local blacksmith to take him on as an apprentice? And then a scene in the next episode where he meets a nice local girl?

Do people not understand that his story is done?

Noodz

Re: Why are there so many fandom 'jokes' about Gendry still rowing?

Postby Noodz » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:50 pm

I don't think his story is done. I think he'll pop up again at some point. He is an heir to the throne after all.

Shiny Vulpix

Postby Shiny Vulpix » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:48 am

I really liked Gendry as a character, and I still kind of hope that they tie him back into the story one day! However, if they just leave him as is, that's fine too. I'll just imagine that he found happiness somewhere else!

maesterjape

Postby maesterjape » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:54 pm

How is the idea of a burly beef boy rowing for 2 years possibly NOT the height of hilarity? :)

And his story is almost certainly not done. The actor has been spotted in Belfast and will likely appear next season, probably in connection with the Arya/Melisandre/Brienne/Hound mashup in the riverlands. And him be so beefy now, I'm sure.

Return to “Cast of Thrones”