Wait...where you goin' Melisandre? (SPOILER)

Moderator: Global Moderator

Corn?

Wait...where you goin' Melisandre? (SPOILER)

Postby Corn? » Thu May 28, 2015 5:04 am

BOOK 5 SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER (scroll down)

I finished book 5 in a fit of rage, not because Jon gets shanked but because I take it as a given that he's going to be resurrected by Melisandre and we have to wait for book 6 to see that.

EXCEPT in the show, Melisandre LEAVES Castle Black with Stannis to attack Winterfell. And Stannis is pretty adamant about needing her on this campaign, so I don't think he's going to just let her wander off. So where all dat R'hllor magic gonna come from now to save Jon? Surprised this hasn't come up in the spoilers section of the podcast yet. A few possibilities:

1) Jon actually dies (stupid and unlikely, considering it violates the entire point of the series)
2) Jon is poked full of holes but actually still alive (seems unlikely and then we don't get warg Jon)
3) Jon just ends up in Ghost forever (dumb, see #1)
4) Someone else saves Jon from becoming the human sieve (who? and how?)
5) Melisandre will find some excuse to secretly return to Castle Black in the show juuuuust before Jon gets poked (hooray for more ridiculous show coincidences)
6) Melisandre wakes up and realizes Jon is the key, not Stannis. She sees Jon being murdered in the flames and sacrifices Shireen with Selyse's help. Whatever magic that produces saves Jon's life...somehow ("only death can pay for life"). Stannis probably kills her for it.

What do you all think?
Corn? Corn?

PartyPat

Re: Wait...where you goin' Melisandre? (SPOILER)

Postby PartyPat » Sun May 31, 2015 11:55 pm

I like your #6 theory. But I'm in the same boat with you...where is that red lady going? Also, can't wait for the show watcher reaction when Jon is killed

Return to “Cast of Thrones”