4th Season Trailer (spoilers)

Moderator: Global Moderator

DayMan Zee

4th Season Trailer (spoilers)

Postby DayMan Zee » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:34 am

I want to discuss some of the things in the season 4 trailer no punches held, that means, there may be spoilers in this thread.

I'll start at the beginning, the dragon we see in the opening bit is flying over the city, I thought I was sure but there's no pyramids, which almost completely rules out Mereen, unless they're changing the city, also people are saying it's Kings Landing which doesn't make sense if you read the books UNLESS it's a flashback, in which case why would a series that's avoided flashbacks now start.

Also, what info would a flashback give us at this stage.

Post any discussion topics you want even if they're unrelated at this stage, all I want to do is watch season 4 now but failing that discussing the trailer is what I want to do

AshShadowbrook

Re: 4th Season Trailer (spoilers)

Postby AshShadowbrook » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:19 pm

Why flashbacks now? Bran. We already saw him dramatically touching a weirwood... What else are they going to have him do? He's going to become our deus ex background story. Think about it- what else could they possibly get him to do?

There is SO much background story that the show had simply skipped over, there's plemty for us to learn through Bran.
Please contact via twitter or G+, I do not check private forum messages

eskimomo

Postby eskimomo » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:04 pm

I heard a good theory on another podcast that shall not be named--- The footage is not actually part of the show, it's just in the trailer to set the mood. Kind of like the dragon shadow in the New York Times and the teaser trailer with the raven flying into the modern world for season 3.

DayMan Zee

Postby DayMan Zee » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:46 pm

AshShadowbrook wrote:Why flashbacks now? Bran. We already saw him dramatically touching a weirwood... What else are they going to have him do? He's going to become our deus ex background story. Think about it- what else could they possibly get him to do?

There is SO much background story that the show had simply skipped over, there's plemty for us to learn through Bran.

I forgot all about Bran, I bet that's exactly what it is. However, that dragon was massive and so must have been a dragon from long ago, and there's very little back story that is relevant for Bran's time, unless they show just a glimpse of it as he's travelling through times.

On another note, I hope Oberyn drops all that back story on Elia just so that the fight with the Mountain is just as intense

StephOKingston

Postby StephOKingston » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:34 am

OBERYN FUCKING MARTELL.

That is all.

DayMan Zee

Postby DayMan Zee » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:10 pm

I really want him to do the whole back story before the fight, ELIA MARTELL, PRINCESS OF DORNE. SAY HER NAME

xzvvicky

Postby xzvvicky » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:50 pm

I would not have put it past Robert to have hunted down any remotely Targy looking bastards in the Riverlands. Maybe bastard killing is a family tradition.?????

Return to “Cast of Thrones”