The Grand Tyrell Exposition.

Moderator: Global Moderator

existenceisrelative

The Grand Tyrell Exposition.

Postby existenceisrelative » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:56 am

So they spelled out the murder of joffrey by having the two most manipulative, least trustworthy characters come right out and baldly say it in plain english. And everyone is just accepting what they say at face value?!?!
Does it really not raise any alarms for anyone else when little finger, that is little finger just came right out and explained something? Or when the queen of thorns just suddenly decided to speak unguardedly, while still firmly inside king's landing? I don't have any idea what the characters stand to gain by lying in such private settings, that much is true. But if little finger is saying something plainly, even if it is for the "dumbed down tv audience", then there's something else going on.

Taunted Kibble

Re: The Grand Tyrell Exposition.

Postby Taunted Kibble » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:01 pm

I think you kind of said it there yourself. The 2 characters who admitted involvement said it in 'fairly secure' locations to only 1 person each who probably would never get to tell anyone about it anyway. Sansa is so heavily accused, anyone she could tell would turn her in for the gold or just kill her to shut her up.
Margaery isn't going to rat out her grandmother because it's in her best interest.

Mostly, just filling in the gaps for the slow people I think.

existenceisrelative

Postby existenceisrelative » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:37 pm

But there's nothing worthwhile gained by "filling in the blanks". A mystery is far more useful when telling a story than an explanation ever is. Over three and a half years now, the tv show has drilled a simple fact into the audience: "There is no secure place inside king's landing." And the very first thing we're ever told about little finger is "never trust him." They gain nothing from "filling in the blanks" from a storytelling perspective, while both the locations and the characters involved in the explanation discourage us from taking their words at face value. I don't think it's safe to assume we were told the truth. It just doesn't make sense.

Taunted Kibble

Postby Taunted Kibble » Thu May 01, 2014 12:04 am

maybe they just needed to fill 5 minutes of time and they wanted to deprive everyone of watching Tommen chase Ser Pounce around.

existenceisrelative

Postby existenceisrelative » Thu May 01, 2014 4:15 am

I hope they're just saving that for the season finale.

rose61

Postby rose61 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:45 pm

If you're wondering whether to get it or not I'll say this, if you enjoy telltale games ie. The Walking Dead and the tv show I would highly recommend it, if you don't enjoy both I probably wouldn't. I say this because it's filled with all the bugs fans of telltale games usually have to deal with and it assumes a lot of knowledge of the tv series
Cut down your exam stress by using our latest spanish programs exam and high quality spanishprograms - spanish language games and testkingmcdst demos. We provide updated chinese-tools questions.

Return to “Cast of Thrones”