podcast suggestions

Moderator: Global Moderator

americanmoon

podcast suggestions

Postby americanmoon » Wed May 07, 2014 1:49 pm

My wife and I really enjoy GOT. We watch the HBO show only and have not read any of the books. We listen to several GOT podcats, including yours, A Cast of Kings, Game of Thrones Podcast (Baldmove) and Grantland. I enjoy your podcast the best out of all shows. I feel like watching GOT is not complete until I have listed to A Cast of Thrones.

Here are my suggestions:

1) Try and get your show up quicker! Your podcast is the last one up - get it up sooner! Record it on Monday night, release it Tuesday morning.
2) This is gonna be a little harsh - but I don't intend it to be - so bear with me. Jennifer Cheek you are great. The show needs a woman's input. You are smart and offer great points. But you talk too frequently and your voice is a loud. Back off from the mic a bit. Maybe it is difficult because Tim and you have to share a mic. Also, your voice is whiney. Is that a word? Give A Cast of Kings a listen if you have not already and see what Joanna Robinson (spelling?) does - you should try to be more like her. Again, I'm sorry if this is harsh - don't want to be harsh, just want to offer my 2 cents.

Keep up the good work.

michael
Administrator
Administrator

Re: podcast suggestions

Postby michael » Thu May 08, 2014 3:04 pm

I believe that in your heart you mean well, and I appreciate that you listen to the show and enjoy it, but your feedback about Jennifer is super shitty. I'm sure it isn't meant to come across this way, but to me it looks like your advice is "you should have your girl try to be like this other podcast's girl".

Jennifer is a human being, and I think she is perfect the way she is. If she were to try to sound or be like someone else, it would be an affront to humanity and would absolutely make the show worse.

I 100% agree with you about how late our podcast comes out. Unfortunately, we all have jobs that we go to, so starting a 2 hour recording at 10:30 at night on a Sunday just isn't possible. We asked HBO to send us pre-screeners so that we could post our podcast immediately after the show aired, but they were unwilling to send them to us.

americanmoon

Postby americanmoon » Fri May 09, 2014 7:20 pm

Thrifty - thank you for your response. I don't think suggesting that Jennifer talk less loudly and not talk as much as the rest of you combined constitutes "an affront to humanity." Nor do I want Jennifer to change her substantive points to try and be like someone else. Jennifer makes excellent points - as do all of you - which is why I listen to each show. The show would not be nearly as good without Jennifer or any of you.

All I am suggesting is that she back up from the mic a bit. Her voice is way louder than the rest of the group. If your voice was the loudest, Thrifty, I would tell you - and I hope you wouldn't think it was a personal attack. I feel bad that you think I am attacking Jennifer, and if my words come across that way, I apologize to Jennifer and all of you, because I really enjoy all of you on the show tremendously. Keep up the good work.

PS, I always laugh during the intros, when is Tim going to identify himself as Tim Lannister again.

americanmoon

Postby americanmoon » Fri May 09, 2014 7:22 pm

BTW - you are totally right, my original comment was super shitty and poorly written. I'm sorry.

shamonde

Postby shamonde » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:55 am

Jennifer is a human being, and I think she is perfect the way she is. If she were to try to sound or be like someone else, it would be an affront to humanity and would absolutely make the show worse.

Abigsquirrel

Postby Abigsquirrel » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:09 am

HEY!!

Hey guys! Big fan. From the beginning! I started with Drunks and Dragons and moved on to Random Encounters and then Westworld And Cast of Thrones. I was fortunate enough to play PUBG with Tim and Mike among others and I can't say how excited I was to spend time with you guys.

However....I found a thing. A thing that is small and maybe insignificant. BUT! It is a cool thing. A thing that I *think you guys missed. Maybe.

When, in Game of Thrones season 1, the Starks reached Robb Stark reaches Walder Frey's bridge, he is forced to promise to take Walder's son as a squire. Many forgot this, however fewer remembered something else. Aside from being forced to promise his hand to one of Walder's daughters. Areia was promised to his son Waldren! I may be mistaken but I was pretty attentive to your podcast while I cleaned toilets and such. (Many possibly worse than Sam's chamber pots) Any rate. Keep doing what you are doing. You guys are the best. Michael, you art thou the thriftiest. Jennifer, you are a saint. Don't abuse your knowledge of the Bible! It is a gift. Tim, your humor is a personal floating device in a sea of shit. Baaaaachman............your humor is a personal floating device in a sea of Tim's shit. And Nika. Nika....I did not like you at first. "What a kissass!" I thought, but you have won me over. What a sweetheart! "Otter" is a lucky man. -Abigsquirrel/Colten

Return to “Cast of Thrones”