Such an amazing podcast, thank you guys!

Moderator: Global Moderator

Lumina

Such an amazing podcast, thank you guys!

Postby Lumina » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:17 pm

I have just finished Season 2 and I gotta say, WOW. I probably should have made this thread earlier, so here is my thoughts on pretty much everything.

Season 3 is going to be big! As much as I'm wanting to know what's behind Jack's portal, what the rest of the world has in mind to stop Azazoth is what I want to know most. Someone must have an ace up their sleeve!

Lily's death still hits me hard, I really hoped she was going to see the story through. But will any character survive until the end? Maybe (not)? I got the impression after a few of Mike's PC deaths that this is less about single characters going through a plot but rather the players going through the plot using multiple characters. Kind of like Sci-fi such as "Foundation", or "2001: A Space Odyssey", where there's an equal amount of attention given to the plot as well as the characters. Maybe I'm interpreting that wrong, but the immense scale of the story is certainly not lost on me.

I gotta say, the production quality is through the roof. Just like Mike said in Q&A 4, I too went looking for other podcasts (particularly WoD, which is what I'm playing/GMing) to listen to under the impression they'd be of similar quality. I was kind of shocked. People speaking over each other, dice rolls where you never heard the result or the GMs response (they did this about 5 times before the GM audibly responded), you name it. It was like they just recorded a regular session. So I feel kind of spoiled with something which is, in every aspect, a superior podcast.

As a novice GM (only been roleplaying for a little over a year), I have learned a metric ton on how to GM from Veronica. Honestly, how you make every dice roll and response useful, and something that pushes the story forward, is utterly amazing. Josh Staci and Mike also do a fantastic job taking the information given and using it to push the story forward too. Overall, it felt like I was listening to a story, rather than roleplay. Well, that's exaggerated a little, what I mean is that the roleplay from the Veronica and the players was so immersive the roleplay aspects didn't break the immersion, but were like momentary pauses which determined how the story would progress. I could see the sleek steel hallways of Mason 1, the expansive, desolate, run down Earth, and the seemingly endless stretch of the corpse field at Mason Dunwich. Don't even start me on the gas station, Tess' place or the town with Lily's parents.

One thing I've wondered is, in the Q&A's everyone has mentioned a couple times about interacting with the cast via google hangouts or twitch, but I can't seem to find any links to that up. Has it gone private? I assume it has because of restricting the patreon streams to certain tier contributors. I don't have any complaints about this or anything, it's just something I've been curious about.

In any case, I can't wait for Season 3, and I hope the cast and creepers out there are doing well and haven't had to roll sanity!

david123MM

Re: Such an amazing podcast, thank you guys!

Postby david123MM » Wed May 20, 2015 4:31 am

Lily's death still hits me hard, I really hoped she was going to see the story through. But will any character survive until the end? Maybe (not)? I got the impression after a few of Mike's PC deaths that this is less about single characters going through a plot but rather the players going through the plot using multiple characters. Kind of like Sci-fi such as "Foundation", or "2001: A Space Odyssey", where there's an equal amount of attention given to the plot as well as the characters. Maybe I'm interpreting that wrong, but the immense scale of the story is certainly not lost on me.
MALIK66

Return to “Cthulhu & Friends”