Awkward Compliment

Moderator: Global Moderator

Lucre

Awkward Compliment

Postby Lucre » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:50 am

I love your readings guys. You blow the librivox recordings out of the water and even give some of the classic audiobook readings a run for their money. When I downloaded the first episode I thought it was gonna be like geekly book club but I was surprised by how willing I was to listen to a story I had heard before. I listen to a lot of audio fiction and you guys have the knack. Consider submitting some of this stuff to librivox!

If anyone else here listens to a lot of audiobooks or anything I'd also love recommendations!
It's just a show... I should really just relax.

0dius

Re: Awkward Compliment

Postby 0dius » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:58 am

I have listened to one audio book, aside from Teddy Rubskin back in the day, Ready Player One. I recommend it if you like Will Wheaton's voice.
Creeping up, infiltratin' the geeks.
Twitter

Kalabajooie

Postby Kalabajooie » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:02 pm

If you're looking for a good story, the podcast "We're Alive: A Story of Survival" was, for me, the audio equivalent of a page-turner. The first story line has concluded, but the creators are working on more short stories within that universe.

Another podcast audio drama I'm listening to now is "The Leviathan Chronicles." It's a bit more fantastical as sci-fi goes and not as well written or produced as We're Alive or even Cthulhu and Friends, so it's a bit harder to listen to in bulk.

Other audiobooks I've listened to that were well-read include John Scalzi's "Old Man's War" series, A Song of Ice and Fire, and Jar-Jar Martin's story compilation-cum-biography Dreamsongs.

Other than that I tend to listen to a lot of podcasts: All the Geekly shows, a couple other actual-plays like Crit Juice, science podcasts like Skeptics' Guide to the Universe and StarTalk, Welcome to Night Vale, several Tested.com shows like "Still Untitled: The Adam Savage Project..."

Yeah, I put a lot of stuff in my ear holes. That's what a quiet solo 2nd shift will do to you. And now that my phone can play things at 1.5-2x, I'm thinking of skimming back through Ice and Fire again.
Watch me play games and hear my sonorous voice at http://www.youtube.com/Kalabajooie
Check out my Twitter maybe. http://www.twitter.com/WhatIsAClayton

Kalabajooie

Postby Kalabajooie » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:06 pm

0dius wrote:...aside from Teddy Rubskin back in the day...

Did you mean Teddy Ruxpin? "Teddy Rubskin" sounds like a knockoff that was not meant for children. :o
Watch me play games and hear my sonorous voice at http://www.youtube.com/Kalabajooie
Check out my Twitter maybe. http://www.twitter.com/WhatIsAClayton

0dius

Postby 0dius » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:47 pm

Kalabajooie wrote:
0dius wrote:...aside from Teddy Rubskin back in the day...

Did you mean Teddy Ruxpin? "Teddy Rubskin" sounds like a knockoff that was not meant for children. :o

Unfortunately you are correct it's a typo. I'm sure I'd have a whole different outlook on life if it wasn't.
Twitter

OmgVeronica

Postby OmgVeronica » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:26 pm

Oh thanks so much for your kind words!

mdoverl

Postby mdoverl » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:32 pm

A Warning about releasing your material on librivox. All librivox material is released under public domain, and their material is frequently snatched up by audible, who in turn sell the readings for profit.

0dius

Postby 0dius » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:35 pm

mdoverl wrote:A Warning about releasing your material on librivox. All librivox material is released under public domain, and their material is frequently snatched up by audible, who in turn sell the readings for profit.

That's a pretty dick move
Twitter

mdoverl

Postby mdoverl » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:38 pm

0dius wrote:
mdoverl wrote:A Warning about releasing your material on librivox. All librivox material is released under public domain, and their material is frequently snatched up by audible, who in turn sell the readings for profit.

Stick with Creative Commons non commercial share a like

0dius

Postby 0dius » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:40 pm

mdoverl wrote:
0dius wrote:

Stick with Creative Commons non commercial share a like

I'll keep that in mind if I ever do something along these lines
Twitter

mdoverl

Postby mdoverl » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:49 pm

0dius wrote:

Yeah I've been researching copyrights laws and creative commons because I want to start a sci-fi or shadowrun podcast with a 80s movie soundtrack to it.

0dius

Postby 0dius » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:00 pm

mdoverl wrote:
0dius wrote:

Yeah I've been researching copyrights laws and creative commons because I want to start a sci-fi or shadowrun podcast with a 80s movie soundtrack to it.

That sounds pretty awesome! Well good luck and make sure to post about it so we all can check it out!
Twitter

mdoverl

Postby mdoverl » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:31 pm

I'm mainly looking to edit and produce a podcast. Would like to play in it, but that would take time from editing. Would be cool to get a team of editors to work on a podcast or two. I have about 5 hours at night of free time.

ItsProbablyJosh

Postby ItsProbablyJosh » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:52 pm

mdoverl wrote:I'm mainly looking to edit and produce a podcast. Would like to play in it, but that would take time from editing. Would be cool to get a team of editors to work on a podcast or two. I have about 5 hours at night of free time.

Send me an email, bruh. Let's talk. itsprobablyjosh at icloud dot com.

Return to “Cthulhu & Friends”