SAYER secret messages POSSIBLE MASSIVE SPOILERS

Moderator: Global Moderator

Bapperson
Administrator
Administrator

Re: SAYER secret messages POSSIBLE MASSIVE SPOILERS

Postby Bapperson » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:21 pm

Hey guys,
I'm still working back through the whole series but I wanted to add a few things that I don't think have been mentioned elsewhere? Not sure they apply to what we're figuring out here, but just in case...

Episode 1 - when speaking to the Resident, Sayer indicates how many days he has been out. For that, a series of tones play which can be converted to phone tones 6855 6855. 6855 likely is meant to be "null". (On Twitter, Bash called it a good catch when I mentioned the null)
Episode 11 - the iTunes description is "ERROR 4225 Broadcast Context Missing." I checked, and 4225 could be converted to "hack" which makes sense given it is the episode wherein fakeSayer jumps in to talk to him about a pound of flesh.
Episode 13 - At the end of the episode, it sounds like Dr. Smith is whistling the same tune as the song sparrow early in the episode. I take this to mean he either is a fast learner and good with sounds/tones OR he already knew it was a song sparrow and their song but was asking Speaker about it to "distract" Speaker into different conversation or something.
Episode 14 - Approximately 14:53.2 to 14:56.6 there is a reversed quiet sentence spoken (sounds female as well). This is towards the end of the fall. It says "Someone has to be out there."
Episode 16 and 23 - With the revelation of mutant spiders in episode 23, I wanted to note that in episode 16 Sayer discusses maintenance closets and their inherent danger. When listing three possible danger contents for the closets, the first is a "clutch of winged spiders". Are these related? Both episodes did have to do with the Protein Synthesis Lab. If the spider's mutation is that it is winged, what do they sound like when flying by...perhaps beelike?

The rest of my observations have largely been making connections such as Dr. Abraham being mentioned in several episodes, and similar. I have lots of numbers and similar data I want to crunch but not till I'm done going back through all the episodes.

-Bapperson
- Ben/Bapperson/Bappy

Zombie_slag

Postby Zombie_slag » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:18 am

I think you have made some good observances here, but I'm still having trouble putting them all together. Time is running out, maybe 3 more episodes if seasons hold to 13 each. Hopefully soon we'll get some sort of Rosetta stone to help with the individual clues we've found here.

Bapperson
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Bapperson » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:28 am

Yeah, I need to finish running through to see if I can piece it together more.

In an earlier post, yall talked about Ewell in episode 19's tones. However, I think you missed Ewell in episode 18 tones. During the episode there is a quick tone set that corresponds to Ewell's zip code directly. I will try and post some more info on that tomorrow PLUS there is a hidden message I CANNOT understand but I think due to my hearing or speakers, not because it is unintelligible.
- Ben/Bapperson/Bappy

Zombie_slag

Postby Zombie_slag » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:05 am

The Ewell tones were played twice. I didn't perceive any changes between the two playings, or their context, so I assume they were played twice to draw attention to them.

Bapperson
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Bapperson » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:48 am

But weren't the Ewell tones you talked about before a large series at the end in octal format? I'm talking about one in the middle of an episode with interesting context and in a direct phone tone to zip code format. Or did I miss that talk?
- Ben/Bapperson/Bappy

Bapperson
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Bapperson » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:48 pm

Okay, to finish up my base review of episodes...

Episode 18 -
1. Around 4:47, Sayer says "I am your third party, Cassandra, and I am telling you this is important" and then from 4:52 to 4:55 there is a series of tones. Transforming them into numbers using phone tones we get 21824 which is Ewell, MD (Ewell is on Smith Island, if that helps?). I know the Ewell stuff at the end of a couple eps has been found, but this reference in its context makes me very curious.
2. Later in the same episode (don't have exact time but around 7:50), Sayer said "What is one to do when faced with such a prevent paradox? Think on that, Resident Morris, ask yourself that question" and then some very, very quiet reversed words are said. They are approximately from 7:57.5 to 8:00.5 on the track. I have tried a number of methods and cannot understand what is being spoken, but I believe it is intelligble and someone else may be able to understand them. I did note that when Sayer says "ask yourself that question" his voice changes to be a little more echo-y. Don't know if that implies anything but...? This is driving me crazy, can someone please figure out the words?

Episode 20 -
1. The nanomachine error code is 821619A5 (assuming I heard right). Possibly just flavor text, but...numbers!
2. When Sayer is cycling through radio signals, it sounds like there is some talking through the radio fuzz. I noted it at 10:19 and 10:22 or so. I don't believe these are decipherable at all, but certainly did sound like someone talking on radio.

Episode 21 -
1. Does anyone have ideas on what to do, how to interpret, etc the end stuff? At 16:34 a clicking noise starts then at 17:00 a ringing noise joins in. I noticed volume increase in the clicking noise when reviewing the audio file, but...? Are the clicks regular? Perhaps we could look at it more as waves to analyze rather than sounds? No clue. Anyone?

Any ideas on how to analyze episode 13's song sparrow noise or Dr Smith's whistling? I'm getting highly suspicious of Dr Smith now and whether he is strongly related to the tones in episode. Could be nothing, though.

Now that is all over...I can do more research on the things found, like the Ewell and Valentine stuff.
- Ben/Bapperson/Bappy

Zombie_slag

Postby Zombie_slag » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:29 am

epi 18 is the line "And the proud man sighed, with a secret pain," from Maud Muller, a poem by John Greenleaf Whittier. Same as the other time.

I'm stumped, I can't find a unifying clue or theory.

Bapperson
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Bapperson » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:29 pm

You're right - for some reason I thought that Whittier line was elsewhere in the episode but it was the 8' mark.

I tried looking at history of the locations, looking at GPS coordinates. Tried thinking of ways to use GPS coordinates for something. Tried looking at midpoints between locations. So far nothing has really gotten me anywhere. I mentioned on twitter that I found some references to "Ewell MD German Shepherds" and the previous episode was the german shepherd episode, but not sure what that would even mean.

Now...is there any possibility that Sayer is directly connected to CaF? Ewell MD = Monhegan Island? There are other items you could connect as well?

But otherwise I still can't find any way to connect all the hidden messages and stuff together.
- Ben/Bapperson/Bappy

itsmetherogue

Postby itsmetherogue » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:37 pm

I finally got here! Yey!

About episode 21, the ringing tones and the other tones seem to be in a certain rythm, but I don't really now what to do with them... I've spent some time over it and I couldn't realize any ways to translate that neither to numbers nor to letters.

I counted them though, but I can't remember the amount. I think it was something like 110 of the first ring without the second,150 of the first and the second ring together... But I can't be sure, it was when the episode came out last year. I can count it again soon.

About other theories, I thing you got awesome stuff Ben, and I'm thrilled you joined the gang to try and find out what Adam is trying to say to us.
You know, that girl, the perfect rogue next door.

Resident 44859 of Halcyon Tower. Night Digger.

itsmetherogue

Postby itsmetherogue » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:54 pm

Other thing.

Haven't you heard on the first episodes of season 2 of CaF that SAYER was in them? I kept trying to figure other connections between the two of them, but the first and most strong one I have is that SAYER is Eddie's brother, made by the Masons but got out of Mason One someway. He says to Mary Mason something like "Goodbye Mother" and something else I can't remember and can't find the episode either.

Other thing about that is that in episode 21 "Near Flawless" the scientist who is there to avaliate SAYER actually "meets" him, so perhaps there's more to it then we think. Other numbers are: this is a development study for SAYER and the episode description says it's "AI Development Study 314 - Interview with Seraphin Agent 8 designated SAYER" so maybe we should look closer to that episode.
You know, that girl, the perfect rogue next door.

Resident 44859 of Halcyon Tower. Night Digger.

Bapperson
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Bapperson » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:32 am

Well now that Adam confirmed on Twitter that his voicework in CaF was non-canonical to Sayer, we should drop that line of reasoning.

Rob was going to look at the ep 21 ringing, hopefully he'll determine something. It did occur to me that it sounded like augmente timer and could just be a warning that tines is running out for us? Not sure.

So...are we over-thinking this? What if Ewell MD and Valentine AZ aren't about the place? Like what if they are simply a way to provide letters for an Anagram or something? I haven't come up with anything using all the letters yet but it could use names or places so a standard word list can only help so much. ‘Alive and well' or evil or event could somehow be used in it? Was the initial character's name spelled Sven? No S in there to make it, but if spelled Zven...? Most tower names I have can't be made from it.
- Ben/Bapperson/Bappy

Bapperson
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Bapperson » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:03 pm

Just in case it's an Anagram in order to deliver the message, I have been working on it. I figure the Z will be a primary item to focus on since fewer words have Z. Here are the main Z words I found, along with their remaining letters after removing that word. I've focused some on Maze, Denizen, and Zeal but not gotten anywhere yet.

Z Words: Remainder
  • Amaze: welldvlentine
  • Amazed: wellvlentine
  • Denizen: wellmvaltea
  • Ditz: ewellmvalennea
  • Laze: welmdvlentinea
  • Lazed: welmvlentinea
  • Lazied: welmvlentnea
  • Maze: welldvlentinea
  • Vandalize: welmletne
  • Waltz: eelmdvleninea
  • Waltzed: elmvleninea
  • Wizened: llmvaletnea
  • Zeal: welmdvlentinea
  • Zealand: welmvletine
  • Zed: wellmvalentinea
  • Zee: wllmdvalentinea
  • Zen: wellmdvaletinea
  • Zit: ewellmdvalennea
- Ben/Bapperson/Bappy

Zombie_slag

Postby Zombie_slag » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:10 pm

I think this is the wrong tree to bark up. I honestly think we need to find the connection between ewell md and valentine az. More importantly, the whittier poem and ewell md. I think my mind focuses to heavily on the cthulhu mythos attached to sayer, having nothing to do with CaF that is. Adam has confirmed that the Cthulhu Mythos is part of the Sayer universe.

With the story of The Captains Well and all I can't imagine it's not significant.

Zombie_slag

Postby Zombie_slag » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:12 am

The tones at the end of episode 18 are either 25854 (hico wv) or what I personally think is correct: 24854 (Kopperston WV)

So now we have Valentine AZ, Kopperston WV, Ewell MD. on a map there's a fairly straight line between the 3.

Aside from this I have no new info.

Zombie_slag

Postby Zombie_slag » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:52 am

218-248-6437

valentine and ewell zips combined lead to a number in virginia mn.

Return to “SAYER”