Postby Riddler_Justin » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:23 am

Chad Sexington wrote:
Riddler_Justin wrote:
Chad Sexington wrote:Hm...

1) My brother went last year.
2) He wants me to go this year.
3) I have a commander deck.

Hm...

This sounds good! I have too many a few (11, at last count) Commander decks, too!

I actually only own 1 cube and 1 EDH deck.

I sold most of the cards that were worth anything on eBay a couple years ago (and I have been playing since Revised).

And... my EDH deck is probably worth more than my (Ravnica themed) cube.

(Lots of $$$, but no infinite combos.)

edit: I've been meaning to create an updated list of my EDH deck on mtgsalvation. I'll post a link here when I'm done.

Ravnica themed cube? I am SO interested in that. (Golgari/Rakdos/Orzhov. Does that make me morally gray?)

Ooooh. Who's the commander? I've recently found The One, that deck that I want to spend ALL OF THE MONEYS on and get shiny pretties for. It's my Daxos the Returned deck. Constellation is my jam, and I'm saving up to get a Scrubland for it.

Chad Sexington

Re: GeeklyCon Magic?

Postby Chad Sexington » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:51 am

Riddler_Justin

Postby Riddler_Justin » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:37 am

That looks like a pretty solid UW deck! I've been working on one with Brago at the helm, but it's been put on the shelf in favor of brewing new-Kozilek and 5c Ally tribal. (You know what's fun, though, since I saw Exalted Angel in your list? Enchanting an opponent's Exalted Angel with my own card with that effect. Turns out it's a good deterrent when that's his only creature)

Edit: I did see two Homeward Paths in there. Slight mistake in typing it up?

TheFeistyTaco

Postby TheFeistyTaco » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:15 pm

I am definitely down for any draft-based activities.

Riddler_Justin

Postby Riddler_Justin » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:29 am

Not strictly part of GeeklyCon Magic talk, but in Magic stuff in general: Anybody here a judge or anything? My playgroup has strongly suggested I become a judge, and I've been taking practice tests. Some of the questions' wording is pretty hard!

cody.c.benson

Postby cody.c.benson » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:36 pm

I am not a huge magic person, all my cards are from when I was in middle/high school over 12 years ago. My friend and I would probably be interested in a magic draft, though I've never played in one before. You should create a game on the calendar, I'm sure that would get a lot more interest.

Tim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Tim » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:04 pm

Hello everyone! We are chatting about doing a less formal Magic Booster Draft. In my eyes we would do the booster part and then fight all weekend long instead of fighting for 3-4 hours straight. Think of it like Pokemon where you can challenge. I just don't want to over schedule myself...and I am sure you don't either. I will be bringing cards for fun regardless, but let Brad know you want to play! https://twitter.com/bsquared_yo/status/ ... 1042276354

Tim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Tim » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:43 am

Hello! We are definitely doing this! Basic info: Thursday 7:30pm at the Green Dragon Pub. We will separate into pods based the number of folks interested and do a quick round of drafting using the standard booster draft rules. Then, instead of having it out right there in a Friday Night Magic style mini-tourney we will fight at our pleasure. We will have a basic bracket in order to keep track since we want some braggin rights, but the overall goal is to get as many folks playing on a somewhat level playing field. And it will give veterans more time to help the newer folks with their decks.

Stay tuned for more information regarding signing up and such. If you will not be in on Thursday we are also planning on a way to get y'all in on the fun.

For now, let us know if you have any thoughts, ideas or concerns.

Love you,

Tim

Chad Sexington

Postby Chad Sexington » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:24 pm

I haven't been on these forums in a while.

I went ahead and got a ticket.

I'll bring my commander deck.

Tim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Tim » Tue May 10, 2016 2:20 pm

Be sure to sign up on the GeeklyCon calendar! http://geeklycon.com/GeeklyCon-Calendar.php 4

Chad Sexington

Postby Chad Sexington » Wed May 18, 2016 6:26 pm

Well, bad news.

My time off request was denied by my work. I won't be coming. Is there a way to get a refund on the ticket?

RozzAndADagger

Postby RozzAndADagger » Sat May 21, 2016 6:05 am

>:D I am down for Commander!

Riddler_Justin

Postby Riddler_Justin » Sat May 21, 2016 8:15 am

RozzAndADagger wrote:>:D I am down for Commander!

I'll be bringing a few commander decks, happy to play! And you should sign up for the draft!

Tim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Tim » Thu May 26, 2016 4:10 pm

Hello again, how are you?

There are only 2 spots open in our Magic Booster thing at the Green Dragon Pub, so head on over to http://geeklycon.com/GeeklyCon-Calendar.php and sign up. If we get more interest we can open it up more, as long as we have a good even number of people the math shouldn't be that hard.

One bit of good news! I got a deal on a Shadows Over Innistrad booster boxes, so you don't need to bring any packs, just $$$$$! Of course, you can bring your own, but I wanted to give ya the option.

Tim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Tim » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:42 pm

Hello beautiful Magic folks! Wanted to outline the the our draft tomorrow night. Bring me $10 for your 3 packs and 1 fun button. After grabbing a drink and saying hello to new friends we will start our draft. Basically, we will split into as even groups as possible then start the drafting. Once everyone has finished with draft everyone will make their decks and battle each other like pokemon. How do you know who has a draft deck throughout GeeklyCon? Easy, whoever has a button on their lanyard is fair game. That is basically it. We are not doing a traditional tournament but still keep track of your wins and so forth.

Really excited!

Return to “GeeklyCon”