How did YOU guys and gals come across the show?:)

Moderator: Global Moderator

Gerry-v-(like jerry)

Re: How did YOU guys and gals come across the show?:)

Postby Gerry-v-(like jerry) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:10 pm

I didn't find the show it found me! while I was nestled away in my own mind it reached in and yanked me from the deep dark cold of this world and Ever so gently layed me down on a cold slab of stone to start an adventure to change the world.
SLYYYYYYY FLOURISH !!!!!!!!
OK BYE!!

MatthewKhaos

Postby MatthewKhaos » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:56 pm

I can't quite remember exactly how I found this podcast, I think I was just randomly searching through podcasts one night because I was bored. I'm so glad that I found it though, it's gotten me through a lot of rough times as of late.

emjay_sarcastic

Postby emjay_sarcastic » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:52 pm

A friend at work at had mentioned it when I brought up hosting a dnd game. :)

Otaktay

Postby Otaktay » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:45 am

I found the show while listening to Hello from the Magic Tavern.

FrëydísTheHunter

Postby FrëydísTheHunter » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:45 am

Found it a couple months ago by accident. I was searching Spotify for a podcast to listen to. Clicked the categories. Oh there's a gaming category. Drunks and Dragons was on the first page. I started on episode one, despite how many there were. Now it's all I listen to at my job.

Deephomie

Postby Deephomie » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:16 pm

Someone on reddit recommended it. I wish I remembered their name, because this has become a mainstay on my podcast list.

Lvl5Rogue

Postby Lvl5Rogue » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:38 pm

I have been playing D&D for a while, and when I got a job that required driving for 12 hours a day, I needed to find a new way to get my D&D fix. After searching "Dungeons and Dragons" in Spotify, this podcast looked fun. I'm now all caught up, and forever hooked on the show!

Nimh

Postby Nimh » Wed May 02, 2018 11:26 am

A coworker and I swap podcast recommendations all the time, he heard I liked DND and said he'd found a podcast I might like. A few months later I'm almost completely caught up and breaks are now filled with silly references of "my sorry" and "take a knee". :)

Crowl

Postby Crowl » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:37 pm

Found it while I was browsing podcasts on Spotify. I remembered thinking, a bunch a drunks playing D&D, sounds like my kind of crazy. I started at episode 1 and haven't been let down yet. I'm still catching up, only on episode 126 so far.

Khalimae

Postby Khalimae » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:39 am

I work with a girl who was always talking about how much she loved podcasts. So a couple weeks ago i decided to try podcasts since I'd never listened to one. So i got on spotify and browsed games and this was like the 3rd one and i love D&D and thought I'd try a couple episodes and fell in love... now im an addict and on episode 96 lol

Apelsinen

Postby Apelsinen » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:32 am

I searched my podcast app for Dungeons and Dragons, and i liked the name of this one, so i gave it a shot from ep.1 and liked it well enough, was mighty confused the first few episodes since the cast was pretty new at D&D (Tum and Thom didn't help my confusion).
Probably the least interesting answer in this thread. This was a bit over a year ago and i had somehow either completely filtered out or never heard of Vox Machina. So Drunks and Dragons was my first D&D podcast. Akschooly it was the first podcast i followed overall, i had tried a few others in very niche areas (Dresden files) but found that the recording quality was much to bad, and the ones that had good quality didn't talk about anything i was interested in.

furryronin

Postby furryronin » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:08 pm

I first found it years ago through a friend recommendation but left before Geekly started, came back to it about 6 months ago... slowly catching up. Really enjoying it, want to try and make a Geekly Con 1 year if I can.

Return to “General Discussion”