Hey everyone, obligatory introduction post!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

Moderator: Global Moderator

DinosaurJones

Hey everyone, obligatory introduction post!

Postby DinosaurJones » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:47 pm

Hey everyone!

I hope it's cool if I make an introduction thread... because here it is.

I just caught up today, and I wasn't going to join the forums until I was completely up to date. And now here I am! I'll boil myself down to the following sound bite: I like music, reading, games (both tabletop and video), and tasty food. I play guitar and bass in a band. I'm currently playing in a 5E D&D Campaign, and 2 different Weave campaigns. Aaaaaaaand... that's about it. I'm not that exciting.

AMA?

Glad to finally be a part of the GeeklyInc community!

Mozzarayla

Re: Hey everyone, obligatory introduction post!

Postby Mozzarayla » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:39 pm

Hey there! I'm gonna jump onto your thread because I'm pretty new too!

I started listening to Drunks and Dragons a few months ago. I'm not caught up, but I will be soon!

I'm just finishing up my semester at uni, so I'm finally getting some free time to play games again (video and board). I started playing in my first D&D campaign a week ago and absolutely loved it. I'm about to start up my own campaign as the DM (just jumping right into the deep end). Other than that I love languages and traveling, and I'm looking forward to a mini adventure to Columbus for geeklycon if my schedule allows it :)

Whereabouts are you from? I'm a west coast Canadian.

DinosaurJones

Postby DinosaurJones » Wed May 02, 2018 10:53 pm

Hey there! I'm from Northeastern Pennsylvania. It's not the most exciting, but it's not the worst either, haha.

royjon

Postby royjon » Sat May 26, 2018 5:16 am

Hi everyone! I'm newbie here :D. I'm quite a gamer myself and currently I'm still playing games, especially RPG. Some of my favorite are: Dragon Age Origins & Inquisitions (both are excellent, Origins has exciting story, Inquisitions with dragons slaying part), Witcher 3 (excellent story telling and exploration), Dark Souls (brutal, but fun... if I can progress), Persona 4 & 5 (just recently, and I'm in love with them).
Currently I'm working on a RPG game maker project with my friends so I think it's better to learn more from other people. And so I hope to learn and share experience with you guys. Thanks!
Learn how to Get Pregnant Fast:5 Actoionable ways to Boost Your Chances Of Conceiving Quickly.Complete Guide about Food,postions and Time for getting pregnant fast.

ericjose

Postby ericjose » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:13 pm

i do love RPG games too a newbie also cant wait to have conversations and communication to all of you guys want learn and be updated with guys hope we all have good games and have a nice day
The 3-day Military Diet is currently one of the world's most popular Diet for Weight loss. The Military Diet plan helps you lose weight quickly.

Mr_van_W

Postby Mr_van_W » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:47 am

Why not, I'll jump in too.
I'm new to the forums but have been listening to the Drunks and Dragons podcast since about episode 3 or 4 (I've also never reviewed it on iTunes but I have crippling anxiety about it, so there's that).
I'm a science teacher from Australia who for the last four or so years have run an RPG style classroom inspired by these guys. These guys also got me back into running our own DnD game. As teachers and parents of young kids, the running online through video chat made it all the more possible even though we all live in the same town (get together IRL where we can).

Niwron

Postby Niwron » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:16 pm

Hi all. Greetings from Norway. Been listening to drunken dragons thru stitcher. At ep 71atm. Awesome stuff. From before i listend to hello from the magic tavern, improv4humans and comedy bang bang. Good to listen too at work doing carpentry.
Hoping for manny years of good podcasts
:P love from norway :P yours Niwron

ralf.tiede

Postby ralf.tiede » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:43 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm Ralf, also a new member. Been listening since late 2017, currently on episode 194. Hope I can catch up by the time next Geeklycon comes around! So cool to hear from people all over the world. :)

I'm a public school teacher in Pasadena, CA (LA area). Our goal however is to move to Berlin in about a year or so. My family consists of a beautiful and amazing human wife and 3 kids: 2 feline (Lando Catrissian and Dorian Grey) and one canine (Finn). XD

Like many here, I was inspired to start DMing again after listening to Michael. Currently trying to put together a Star Wars RPG group, we'll see how that goes.

Can't wait to meet all you guys at next Geeklycon, wherever that ends up being!

How about we include a couple more details about ourselves, borrowing some ideas from our favorite podcasts:

Favorite ice cream flavor: Cookie dough or pistachio
Favorite podcast character: Bearcharger "Shiny Rounds!!" (Drunks and Dragons; can't believe he lasted less then a full episode! So bummed about that)
Favorite video games: Neverwinter and Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind
Quirks: I've had a slice of bread with Skippy reduced fat chunky peanut butter every day for a snack for 18 years
Favorite anime: **rolls eyes at the mention of anime**
Favorite Game of Thrones character: **rolls eyes at the mention of Game of Thrones**

Return to “General Discussion”