Seeking players for two wildly different dnd podcast concepts.

Either in person or online

Moderator: Global Moderator

magicalqueenayu

Seeking players for two wildly different dnd podcast concepts.

Postby magicalqueenayu » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:31 am

Hello folks! My name is Ayumi, though you can call me Ayu if you wish. I’m pretty much new to the forums but have been a lurking geekly listener for a long time, enjoying Drunks & Dragons and Random Encounters. I used to play in a campaign a few years ago with some college friends, but after moving to Japan, things have been quite lonely! That’s when my podcast addiction moved over to listening to people play D&D. When I attempted a campaign with some coworkers and recorded it, I really felt that it would be great to try to make a podcast campaign.

I have two ideas, and I have yet to figure out if I want to do them separately or together! At the moment, together sounds more fun, but I’d like more feedback from fellow dnders before I try to decide anything.

Idea One: A beginner-friendly campaign which follows the same characters, but different players. Anyone can join, but they cannot play the same character two sessions in a row. I’d also record things like planning characters with the first set of players one on one, and even solo recordings for the DM side, so listeners who are also new to D&D. (I was the DM for my coworkers, but for multiple reasons the campaign shorted out after exactly four sessions, so there’s still a lot I have to learn as a DM as well.) The players can leave notes meant for the successors in the next session regarding character intention, but of course the next player is free to ignore this completely. If due to the scheduling a player comes back for a second session in a row, they would have to play another character in the campaign.

Idea Two: This might sound totally bonkers, but I’m a teacher and therefore play a lot of kids’ games, far more than any adult ones. And I got the idea a few months ago to set a campaign in the world of Candyland. This doesn’t necessarily mean it’s going to be kid-friendly, but it’s meant for one’s inner child.

If I was to combine the ideas, I would allow many players to play their own characters, as one of the ideas of Candyland is that the Kandy Kids are meant to all work together on their quest to find the mysteriously vanished Candy Castle. Or not. I’ve yet to figure that out yet.

As I’ve already said, I really would love feedback for this idea, and as for scheduling, this would have to be online, and my schedule changes slightly from month to month. Most likely campaigns would have to be in the evening for USians, Tuesday or Wednesday, due to time zones and the mornings that I’m free.

It’s likely that I’ll need to test my recording capacity and thus there will be some testing sessions of sorts, so if anyone wants to help me with that with no strings attached that’d always be helpful, as well.

Thank you for reading!

NamDilectio

Re: Seeking players for two wildly different dnd podcast concepts.

Postby NamDilectio » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:11 pm

Hello,

I am absolutely in love with the second idea. I would love to play a haunted one background that essentially is this:

"Suzie Bubblegum stole my chocolate treats. Now I must hunt her down and make her pay!"

If you need players please let me know!

Jacob Hinkle

Mule91

Re: Seeking players for two wildly different dnd podcast concepts.

Postby Mule91 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:55 pm

I like the first idea. Be kinda cool playing different characters in the same campaign lol

Return to “Find a Gaming Group”