Few notes from your last shadowrun show

Moderator: Global Moderator

divljak

Few notes from your last shadowrun show

Postby divljak » Thu May 08, 2014 10:05 am

well, you made few mistakes, i know you are learning the game, so i guess you need some help

From what i remember from top of my head these were few mistakes i noted

-When you cast spell with force above your magic stat, you take physical damage, so when your manabolt was casted you took stun damage as drain, and you should take physical because you did it on force 5, and your magic is 4

-Mind probe is invasive spell, when you do it on someone they feel like you are raping their mind, so, you cant be sneaky with it, its a spell you generally do on prisoners, also there is a chart for that spell that is based on net hits.
Part about complex action is only when you do it in combat, otherwise, with mind probe you could learn whole history about the person you are probing depending on your success, not just 1 information, in combat its 1 information per turn, and only way you could do it in combat is perhaps on someone who is unconscious, while rest of your team is still fighting.

-Technomancers cant do cold sim, they are always in hot sim

Tondi-
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Few notes from your last shadowrun show

Postby Tondi- » Thu May 08, 2014 6:52 pm

Hi thanks for the feedback.

Spell drain is actually based of the number of hits rolled compared to your magic rating, not the force of the spell. Because the force is the limit, the higher the force the more likely physical drain but only if the hits rolled is above the magic rating.

Mind probe specifically states the victim knows it's happening but doesn't nessessarily know where. It's a detection spell so I see it more as your scanning thoughts which doesn't have to be a violent thing. So you could be sneaky with it.

Definitely forgot about the cold sim thing with technomancers, cheers for that.

Thanks again, there are so many rules in ShadowRun it's quite easy to mix things up, appreciate it.

divljak

Postby divljak » Fri May 09, 2014 2:11 am

Tondi- wrote:Hi thanks for the feedback.

Spell drain is actually based of the number of hits rolled compared to your magic rating, not the force of the spell. Because the force is the limit, the higher the force the more likely physical drain but only if the hits rolled is above the magic rating.

Mind probe specifically states the victim knows it's happening but doesn't nessessarily know where. It's a detection spell so I see it more as your scanning thoughts which doesn't have to be a violent thing. So you could be sneaky with it.

Definitely forgot about the cold sim thing with technomancers, cheers for that.

Thanks again, there are so many rules in ShadowRun it's quite easy to mix things up, appreciate it.

you are right about drain, my mistake

Mind probe is invasive, maybe not painful, but invasive nevertheless and person is fully aware he is being probed.
Only thing where he couldt be sure who is doing it if its done in a crowd of people, where lots of people are touching him, but he would feel violated.

So you cant just mind probe someone who has big secret, and big troll with shotgun next to him, well you can, but dont expect to walk out of it peacefully.

Tondi-
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Tondi- » Fri May 09, 2014 8:54 am

That's really up to the creativity of the player :)

Tim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Tim » Fri May 09, 2014 6:16 pm

divljak wrote:So you cant just mind probe someone who has big secret, and big troll with shotgun next to him, well you can, but dont expect to walk out of it peacefully.

STOP RAILROADING ME, DIVLJAK!!!

0dius

Postby 0dius » Sat May 17, 2014 7:16 am

Tondi- wrote:That's really up to the creativity of the player :)

I think technically it's really up to whatever the hell the (amazingly talented) GM decides actually. Though it seems that the GM is deciding it's up the player soooooo.... END OF DISCUSSION!! :P
Creeping up, infiltratin' the geeks.
Twitter

0dius

Postby 0dius » Sat May 17, 2014 7:17 am

0dius wrote:
Tondi- wrote:That's really up to the creativity of the player :)

I think technically it's really up to whatever the hell the (amazingly talented) GM decides actually. Though it seems that the GM is deciding it's up the player soooooo.... END OF DISCUSSION!! :P

Is it just me or does discussion look really weird in all caps... maybe I've just spelled it wrong twice in row....
Creeping up, infiltratin' the geeks.
Twitter

ashley_06

Postby ashley_06 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:09 am

thanks for post.

Return to “Random One Shots”