5e one shot

Either in person or online

Moderator: Global Moderator

Adam Bash
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 5e one shot

Postby Adam Bash » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:33 pm

I'm hearing there needs to be more prisoner torture.

mmmizzle

Postby mmmizzle » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:57 pm

Adam Bash wrote:A little taste of the campaign setting:

Along the far western edge of the Starspire mountains, on a peninsula jutting out into the Sword Coast, sits a brutal labor camp. The prisoners here work in unrelenting conditions, carving incredibly valuable gems from the rock in treacherous mines. What your characters did to get here matters little, because once you're here everyone's fate is the same: a slow backbreaking descent into the grave.

When I was looking at the cleric I was eyeing the trait 'Nothing can shake my optimistic attitude'! So, a fighter then!

FredGreenleaf

Postby FredGreenleaf » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:01 am

Okay, I will play the Rogue unless Sam does not want to be the wizard.

FredGreenleaf

Postby FredGreenleaf » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:21 am

I will be playing Ander TrapSpringer, Neutral Good Lightfoot Halfling Rogue with a "Criminal" background. He is 2ft. 10 in. tall, 35 lbs. with Hazel eyes, Pale skin and Wavy, Sandy Brown hair. Although he is 22 yrs old (well into Halfling adulthood), he is often mistaken for a human child due to his cherub like looks (which he often plays to his advantage).

Personality Trait #1 - "The first thing I do in a new place is note the locations of everything valuable or where such things could be hidden."
Personality Trait #2 - "I don't pay attention to the risks in a situation. Never tell me the odds."

Ideals - Charity - "I steal from the wealthy so that I can help people in need." (Good)

Bonds - " I will become the greatest thief that ever lived." Second, more secret bond - "I'm guilty for a terrible crime. I hope I can redeem myself for it."

Flaws - "When I see something valuable, I can't think about anything but how to steal it."

His background specialty is Burglary.

He is rather friendly and optimistic and is always talking about his famous (only to Ander) Uncle TrapSpringer, thief extraordinaire (only to Ander).

mmmizzle

Postby mmmizzle » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:25 pm

I'll be rolling with Rolen Liadon, Wood Elf Fighter (Criminal). He is an archer but is capable with most weapons. He's slow to trust and a bit of a hothead, and desires nothing more than to escape this godsforsaken place so he can seek revenge on those who put him here. Additional background details available upon request.

Looking forward to this - Adam is there any software required in order to successfully record the session from a player side?

Adam Bash
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Adam Bash » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:21 am

I'd suggest Audacity if you don't have it installed. I'll try to record the whole thing locally in case something goes wrong, but individual tracks sound best if we can pull it off.

superghost

Postby superghost » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:03 am

daaamnit, I want to play DnD so much. Are you going to stream this? Roll20? I want to a tleast contribute character portraits or a bad guy drawing or something. what can I do to contribute?

Adam Bash
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Adam Bash » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:14 am

I'm sure I can speak for the players when I say anything you want to draw is very welcome. I don't think we'll stream, but I will using Roll20 for maps.

I can give you the details of the campaign if you want to draw anything from it or if you just want to give me feedback on the concept. Just email me at sayerpodcast AT gmail DOT com.

Tim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Tim » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:47 pm

I will be playing Thorreg Ironfist, Hill Dwarf Cleric in service of Berronar Truesilver. His typical gear (outside of prison) would be chain mail, warhammer and a shield. He used to be a real bad ass fighter but was saved by Truesilver after a particularly rough month. He now devotes himself to restoring life as opposed to taking it. His traits revolve around that theme.I can give you more info in you need it!

Looking forward to Tuesday!

Return to “Find a Gaming Group”