T5oD - Episode 54 - Recommended Disney Movies

Moderator: Global Moderator

GeekLink

T5oD - Episode 54 - Recommended Disney Movies

Postby GeekLink » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:50 am

Episode 53: Recommended Disney Movies is up for voting! (Vote by Liking the list that's your favorite. Only vote once!)

This Week's Hosts: BWK, Dooley, and DeeJ. (Poor ol' Matt is out with a cold.)

FIVE

DeeJ - Return to OZ (A bit spoilerish) - Teaser (Better at showing just the mood.)
Dooley - Honey, I Shrunk the Kids - Honey, Shrunk the Kids Attraction - A Bug's Life Attraction
BWK - Honey, I Shrunk the Kids - Honey, I Blew Up the Kid - Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves

FOUR

DeeJ - Flight of the Navigator (A bit spoilerish.)
Dooley - Heavyweights
BWK - Cars

THREE

DeeJ - Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
Dooley - Hocus Pocus
BWK - Hocus Pocus

TWO

DeeJ - Brave Little Toaster
Dooley - James and the Giant Peach - Blu-ray Trailer
BWK - Frozen

ONE

DeeJ - A Goofy Movie
Dooley - The Emperor's New Groove
BWK - Wreck-it Ralph

HONORABLE MENTIONS

- D2: The Mighty Ducks
- Fox and the Hound
- Who Framed Roger Rabbit

OTHER MENTIONS

- Super Mario Bros.

PERSONAL NOTE: Personal Note: The movie I'm most excited to see from these lists that I've never seen before is Return to OZ. I think I might have seen parts of it once when I was a kid. The movie looks amazingly depressing from the trailers, and that's what makes it so fascinating. I'm most skeptical about Emperor's New Groove. I'll be watching both, thanks to this episode. I also love the Super Mario Bros because of how bad it is. But that might be the nostalgia talking.

Smell you later! (But not next week. I'll be on vacation.)

eskimomo

Re: T5oD - Episode 54 - Recommended Disney Movies

Postby eskimomo » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:28 am

Thanks for recapping GeekLink!

I need to watch Emperors New Groove and Wreck it Ralph. I am most skeptical about Frozen but I had never heard it described the way BWK did so I'm willing to give it a try now. I loved that Goofy Movie was DeeJ's number 1. Though the next day I definitely had the soundtrack stuck in my head... D2 also a great movie. But I must admit I loved the entire trilogy as a kid.

Such a good topic. Thanks guys!

But actually, have we discussed this before? Is "Deej" pronounced with one syllable or two? Is that his actual name? Inquiring minds want to know.

GeekLink

Re: T5oD - Episode 54 - Recommended Disney Movies

Postby GeekLink » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:13 pm

I enjoyed Frozen quite a bit. I highly recommend it as well. Maybe I'll check out the Goofy movie as well. Right when Goofy hit the Disney afternoon is right about when I stopped watching, so it never crossed my mind to ever check the movie out. But I suspect I'd like D2 more. Those movies came out exactly at the right time for me, but somehow I never watched them. i'm also extremely skeptical about Hocus Pocus. Maybe someday. Probably not. I don't know if I'll even get through all the movies I said I want to get through let alone get to Hocus Pocus, but we'll see. At least it's on my radar now.

Return to “Top 5 of Death”