Now that Harper has remembered his past at Longcryer's castle, he should be able to navigate its treacherous halls without too much trouble, right?
Cast and Player Characters
As soon as Harper enters the tower, he collapses and Camille's ghost speaks through him. She says:
"I hoped you would never return, but I'm glad you didn't come alone.
Longcryer is expecting you, and has prepared a trap designed to instantly kill you!
There is a way to protect you and your friends, but you need--"
But she is cut off before she can finish. Harper wakes back up, and suddenly has all his memories of his days with Longcryer, Feslan, Camille, and Askur. He tells the rest of them a little about it. They hear a hissing sound, and there is a misty cloud filling the room. The cloud tastes just like Longcryer's potion from many years ago. Jett, being told it is a hallucinogen, breathes deeply.
Harper leads the way to the dormitories, where they find a familiar looking flask on a familiar looking tray, and when he touches it, Camille's voice speaks through him again:
"You have to understand what you're up against.
Longcryer is an alchemist, and he can still control you.
The potion that you drank is like a bomb inside of you,
he just needs to light the fuse, and you'll die.
You must find--"
When Harper wakes up, they attempt to explain the message. They then question Harper about his dark past, which he reveals most of. They search the room more, and Harper torches it. Jett takes little notice, though he is melting. The gang then group hugs. Jett becomes a pretty jacket that Jaela wears.
Jaela and Aludra notice a figure go into a room and slam the door. Harper warns the group to not kill anyone while they are here, except for Longcryer, whom Harper is the only one who can kill him. They knock on the door and there is a scream, and the door is locked. Jaela breaks it down, and they find a frightened character, Geena, inside. She seems to be scared of Longcryer. They promise to make him pay for his crimes. She reveals that Askur is still here, as well as Fes, who is still alive. They reevaluate their list of who they are allowed to kill. Fes is a maybe, Askur for sure, Longcryer: Let Harper do it. Geena scoots, and the Jett Jacket becomes a Dale Earnhardt, Jr. jacket, much to Nika's chagrin.
They get to Camille's room, to find a single board nailed to the door. Jaela breaks it open as well. Inside of the room is unnaturally cold. The room looks abandoned. They look around and Jaela finds a loose stone on the wall. Harper removes it, and finds a hidden compartment with a pendant inside bearing seal of House Fordane. Once Harper touches it, he is once again visited by Camille's voice, which says:
"...couldn't believe he was still...
...moments of clarity...
...worked with Longcryer for years...
...we hid the antidote in my jewelry box, you know the one. You will need the key..."
When he wakes up, he finds a small key inside the pendant. They check more rooms, torching them as they go, until they get to the training room. Harper makes Jaela open it, and she does, only receiving a small static shock. Inside the room is a small man.
- +1 Pendant of House Fordane
Quest Log Updates
- [Active] - Longcryer!
- [Active] - Curse of the Raven Queen
- [Active] - Investigate merchant deals in Glain, the Jewel of the East, and the Crescent Moon Coins
- [Active][Sidequest] - Deliver a very small bag of coins to Wilma in Glain, the Jewel of the East
- [Active][Jaela][Sidequest] - Deliver a letter to Reginald Thornberry
- [Active] - What are birds?
- [Active] - Who are the masked assassins?
- [Active] - Save the shrinking high elf city of Galanthus
- Tim - 15 - Only one on last episode.
- Bachmann - 18
- King Titus Harper attempts to clear the poison potion cloud away from them.
- 17 + 24 - He blows stuff around.
- He doesn't inhale as much as he would have.
- Everyone rolls Perception, Jett with disadvantage, as he is currently a jacket with no eyes.
- Tim - Nat1 - Fail
- Nika - 19 - Pass
- Jennifer - 23 - Pass
- Bachmann - 8 - Fail
- Everyone hears a door shut, Jaela and Aludra notice a person closing a door.
- Jaela rolls a strength check to break down a door, with Jett Razor assisting.
- Jaela - 23 - Success. She kicks it down
- Jett - 10 - ??? - He talks about Power Rangers
- Harper rolls Insight to see if Geena is one of the "good ones" or the "bad ones".
- Harper - 9 - Success.
- Jaela - Nat20
- Aludra - 13
- Geena wants to leave, but she is very scared.
- Jaela breaks down another door.
- 19 - Success.
- It makes a little bit of a squeaky noise as it is ripped open.
- They all make an investigation check to check out the room.
- Harper - 15
- Jaela - 18 - Jaela finds a loose stone in the wall.
- Aludra - 12
- Bachmann - 14