With the mighty fused-together Voltrox defeated, your dudes head into the Temple of Solani to save Glaine, the Jewel of the East. I hope moving all of Nareev is easy. That would be real great. Like, maybe the Orb of Whatever is just super easy to figure out. I can’t imagine anything bad will happen if we just kinda try to wing it.
Cast and Player Characters
After the Voltrox is defeated, the Ätlän-tã Fælcons (plus Eleanor) all run up to the Temple of Soloni. The floors surrounding it are densely packed clouds, and the walls seem to be made out of opaque stained glass. There are two fountains on either side of a set of double doors, which feature the image of a pyramid with a cut out section in the shape of a crescent moon. Eleanor expresses irritation that they have "set off the anti-terrestrial defenses," but she herself just turns into goo form and slides through the moon.
The rest of them discuss how they will get through, and they notice that one of the fountains has a chest floating above it. It has the same moon shape. While Nimbus looks through the door and sees Eleanor run off to the right, Toby detects that both the door and chest are magic, and that the chest is probably a trap. Aludra, being the sturdiest, hits the chest with her hammer, and makes a small dent in it, but also is sucked inside, and the chest drops into the water.
Steve shrinks the chest, and then jumps into the water to get it, but Toby uses his Mage Hand to grab the now small chest, and, guessing that this is a puzzle, and that moving the chest to the other fountain is the solution, does this. Nothing happens, but when he drops the chest into the water, it springs open, and a half-sized Aludra pops out, holding a a slab of marble in the shape of a moon. Steve ends the spell, so she is Aludra sized again.
The key opens the door, so they run after Eleanor. Along the path, they see a lot of dead guards. Eventually they come to the room with the Globe of Navigation. Eleanor is there, and it seems her plan has changed. She no longer wants to bring Soloni back, but now wants to move Nareev to be over the ocean, so they can set it down there, gently. Steve reduces her, which, to his surprise, initiates combat. The cast has a very long discussion about the mechanics of initiative, and how someone can do an attack to initiate combat, but other players somehow know to attack as well. It is a fair point.
Anyway, Toby uses Suggestion to make her get on the ground with her hands above her head, and Steve, adamant that he should follow through with the thing that made them initiate combat, reduces her anyway. They have another discussion about what they should actually do. Toby is hell bent on finding the Tome of Knowledge, thinking that it will increase his intelligence from 21 to 22. Eleanor tells him that the tome will not do that, so Toby decides to do the moving Nareev away from Glaine using the Globe of Navigation thing that Eleanor was trying to do. Weirdly, she is not annoyed by this. The Globe is somewhat easy for him to figure out, so he begins to move the city, but just then, they feel the city begin to plummet toward Dunkeros!
- It's been 226 episodes and they are just now having a conversation about how initiative functions in depth.
- Also, as usual, getting heavy into the rules stresses out and bores Jennifer Cheek.
Quest Log Updates
- [Active] - Save Glaine, the Jewel of the East
- [Active] - Curse of the Raven Queen
- [Active] - Save the shrinking high elf city of Galanthus
- Tim - 18
- Jennifer - 5
- Bachmann - 19
- Nika - 15
- Toby uses Arcana to find out how to open the Moon Door
- 25 - Probably something in the chest will open it, but also probably it is trapped
- Aludra hits the chest with her hammer - 22
- Hit - she makes a small dent in it
Encounter to save Aludra
- Steve - Nat20
- Toby - 17
- Jaela - 14
- Casts Reduce on the chest
- Jumps in the water
- Casts Levitate on the chest, and moves it to the other fountain
Combat Begins (accidentally?) vs Eleanor
- Toby - 20
- Aludra - 20
- Jaela - 13
- Steve - 10
- Toby vs Eleanor
- Uses Suggestion make her put her hands up and step away from the machine
- Steve vs Eleanor
- Casts Reduce on her, shrinks her
- Toby rolls Arcana to figure out how to work the Globe of Navigation
- 26 - It's really easy to figure out, Dungeons and Dragons is easy!