"No, they're very clean. Michael, please don't make me have gross toes! My toes are very clean!" ~ Nika Howard
We have made it through even more traps and continue deeper into this volcano. Our noble quest to…wait…our quest is just to steal a playing card from some folks? This seems a bit excessive but when a friend asks you for help you help them.
Cast and Player Characters
The gang are standing in a large chamber filling with lava, and no discernible exit. Lahni notices footprints leading from the door they came in to the edge of their platform, which falls off into the lava. Thinking that there's something invisible there, Toby sends Hoby out to walk across. Unfortunately, Hoby falls toward the lava. FORTUNATELY, he can fly, so it's fine. That's when Lahni decides to run down the side of this cliff, using the power of speed/muscular toes. There, she sees evidence of a retractable walkway, so she returns and tells the others. Toby uses his Broom of Flying to zip over there, and inspect the wall, where he sees a wall that only exists visually. You can walk through it, you know. Like, the opposite of invisibility. Anyway, he pulls a lever, and the walkway fills in, allowing them to cross. This also allows makes the lava recede (counter-clockwise).
The party moves onward, through a long tunnel. After Rowan does a quick vibe check on the group, they come up on a sort of clearing, serving as a courtyard of a giant mansion, carved into the rock of the volcano. On top of the mansion is a giant catapult, and in the middle of the courtyard, is a large, bubbling pool. And coming right toward them are four Efreeti guards, whomst attack!
Skud kills one, and Toby another, causing the remaining two to give up and run away. At this, everyone notices two Efreeti standing together in the pool of water. They strike a pose, and say (presumably alternating):
"Prepare for trouble, in this here bath
And make it double, when you feel our wrath
To protect the planes from devastation
To unite all Efreeti within our nation
To denounce the evils of truth and love
To extend our reach to the stars above
The Ballista Twins blast off at the speed of light
Surrender now, or prepare to fight!"
The party makes it through the wacky volcano and fights some guards. They make it to the mansion of the Ballista Twins, and said twins are there, ready to fight!
- Lahni can run up walls because her toes are so strong and powerful, that she can use them to cling to walls
- Yet, they are very nice, very clean toes
- Toby still has his magical flying broom
- Skud can heal every time he kills something
Quest Log Updates
- [On-Hold] - Stop Tiamat!
- [Active] - Destroy The Orb!
- [Active] - Find the first missing piece
- [Active] - Gain access to the Elite Forge
- [Active] - Defeat the Master of the Air Plane
- [Active] - Defeat the Master of the Earth Plane
- [Active] - Defeat Lucis Incendis, the Master of the Fire Plane
- [Active] - Defeat the Master of the Water Plane
- [On-Hold] - Find the third missing piece
- [On-Hold] - Investigate the final location
- [On-Hold] - Find Adira Harper
- [Backburner] - Find Lannie Caplain
- [Active] - Find a way to pay back the Ferrim Pecunia bank of Pelor's Hope
- [Active][Jaeludra] - Investigate the Great Colosseum in Caer
- [Active][Jaeludra] - Investigate the Oracle's strange prophecies
- Tim - 4
- Nika - 18
- Jennifer - 6
- Bachmann - 3