"We can never get you to do accents, but you're speakin' mouse like a motherfucker. 'Cause you're essentially a rat, who loves cheese." ~ Tim, to his wife Jennifer
Here we are – just a few feet from the from the battle we have been preparing for the last three days. Sure, there may be shiny knights and battle standards of Bahamut, but if you ask me, these are pretenders the great Wyrmking’s ideals. Which is just as fine for us. Means we won’t have to second guess the mayham we are about to unleash on these evil you-know-whats. Not that guilt has traditionally been an issue for us…it is just nice to know your actions are “extremely” justified.
Cast and Player Characters
Aludra, Harper, Jaela, and Thom/Steve have just snuck through a secret tunnel to fight Gruemar the Silver in hid church building. Aludra uses her ability to communicate with animals befriend a local church mouse named Wiggins to sneak into Gruemar's room and see if there is anyone with him. There isn't. Also, Aludra decides to adopt Wiggins the mouse. Harper extinguishes the candles in his room three at a time, and then they burst in for a sneak attack. It fails, since he knows they are coming when the lights go out. He relights them immediately. They have a very hard time hitting him, with his massive plate-mail armor. Harper is really focusing on those lanterns, so he destroys them, and notices Gruemar's armor flaring up when he does. Harper focuses on the lanterns, which seems to be working. Episode ends mid-combat.
Isn't it short enough. They meet Wiggins, they fight Gruemar.
- First appearance of Wiggins!
- They gain inspiration for taking out the lights in Gruemar's room
- Michael is clearly saddened by the fact that Tim Lanning figured out "the lantern thing" so soon. Apparently, that was always a thing, that the lanterns would magically strengthen his armor, they just decided to focus on the lights anyway. Huh.
Quest Log Updates
- Tim - 4
- Jennifer - 16
- Nika - 16
- Bachmann - 18
- Jaela listens at the door to Gruemar's room - 14
- She doesn't hear anything
Combat Begins vs Gruemar the Silver
- Harper - 15
- Thom - 13
- Aludra - 5
- Jaela - 3
- Casts Dominate Person on Gruemar, requiring a WIS saving throw - 17
- Success, he is not Dominated
- Enters a Rage
- Melee Attack (x2) - 25, 27
- Casts Searing Smite as Bonus Action, to implement more damage
- Melee Attack - 16
- Oath of Enmity
- Melee Attack (x2) - ??, 9
- Melee Attack on Thom - 22
- Melee Attack on Jaela (with disadvantage) - 26
- Casts Chain Lightning, requiring a DC 16 DEX saving throw - 16
- Success - He is not hit, but he takes half damage, and also, Harper hits some of the lanterns - 54 damage (27 to Gruemar, but he's immune to lightning!!!)
- He takes no damage, but the lanterns explode, and when they do, his armor flares
- Casts Magic Missile (which never misses) at fifth level, eight darts hit - 4 damage on each dart
- Sends 4 darts (16 damage) to two lanters, destroying both
- Hides back in the hole
Episode Ends Mid-Combat