"I think I got secrets that you guys just ain't ready to hear yet, and I'm looking forward to tellin' em to ya." ~ Lahni
"I'm gonna legally bind you to a rock and then throw you into the ocean!" ~ Rowan to Frank
Today was supposed to be a nice and relaxing day. Maybe drink some tea and practice a spell or three while Rowan does whatever it is she does all day. But, sure, incredibly scary banks and odd clients and rude robots are a fine way to spend a Monday I guess. At least this Lahnik "Lahni" Caplain seems capable.
Cast and Player Characters
Anyway, Lahni has just requested The Tower of Grey to help her find her missing brother, Lannie. Lahni offers to prove herself to Rowan Grey and Toby Treacletart, the heads of the Tower of Grey. If they determine that she is useful, she would be glad to help them out on their adventures, or whatever. Frank points out to Rowan (to Rowan's annoyance) that they maybe shouldn't be accepting jobs from clients who can't pay. Rowan and Toby sidebar, and decide to use this brother rescuing mission to test Lahni's mettle, so to speak. They ask Frank if it would be financially viable, especially according to the Ferrim Pecunia, to take on someone new, and he says that it would be, if they can prove that she is an asset. Toby sidebars with Rowan, telling her that if he hates Frank, Frank must be a good choice, because he is wrong a lot, and has no self-esteem. Rowan agrees, with the idea that Frank will be the first thing that a monster would attack. They go to get paperwork for Lahni, but, suddenly, there is a loud booming sound from below! (They are in the top floor) They run down to investigate, with Lahni's help, telling her that they will help her if she helps them.
Downstairs, they see a large metal man who has just smashed his way into the tower, as well as the bodies of Rake, Ava, and Borris, dead and bloody on the ground. The Tower of Grey fight the metal man, and Lahni shows off her ability to punch, often and strategically. After Toby deals the killing blow, the thing dematerializes. Rake sits up and says 'Well done!' Borris and Ava also wake up. Rake, after getting punched by Rowan, reveals that Rowan said to test them from time to time, to keep them on their toes. Toby apologizes to Lahni for intending to pay her a single egg salad sandwich per month, and now asks her to name her price. She rejects the offer, saying she just wants a family. She also accepts the eggs. Toby 2 enters and wants to cook for her. Toby welcomes her to the team, and extends a hand, but she group hugs everyone. Hurray!
Lahni wants to join the group, but Frank has reservations about bringing in someone new, who can't pay, and that they would have to pay. But, they all agree, if she can prove herself to be an asset to the team, she can join. Then, as if on cue, a large metal man attacks the tower, seeming to kill Rake, Ava, and Borris! The party makes short work of the beast, and Lahni does indeed prove that she is a capable an skilled
fighter monk. They allow her to join the Tower of Grey, at a fair wage of one (1) egg salad sandwich per month.
- Lahni's family, the Caplain's, don't care so much about how is in charger and all of that. They just live out in the woods and mind their own business.
- Nika decided to become a monk, to round out RP and backstory better for a monk
- At one point Jennifer calls Tim "Doggie", and it's the best shit
- Rowan's Dancing Sword does 1d8+1 damage, and she gets to add her DEX mod (+4)
Quest Log Updates
Combat Begins vs Metal Man
- Rowan - 21
- Lahni - 20
- Metal Man
- Toby - 11
- Casts Conjure Barrage, requiring a DEX saving throw - ??
- Fail - He is barraged - 4 damage
- Attacks with her Dancing Rapier - 24
- Attacks with Flurry of blows - Nat1, 5+10, 6+10, 16+10, 19+10
- Miss, Miss, Miss, Hit, Hit - 21 damage
- Metal Man
- Melee Attack (sword) vs Lahnie - 15
- Unarmed Strike Lahnie - Nat1
- Rolls something with Intelligence to measure this dude up - 8+10
- He looks super sturdy, but not very bright.
- Casts Maze, requiring a DC 20 INT check
- - 8
- Fail - He is banished to a labrynthine demiplane
- Ranged Attack (longbow) - 27
- Ensnaring Strike, requiring a STR saving throw - 20
- Melee Attack (punch) - 12+10, 8+10
- Uses a Ki point to Dodge, imposing disadvantage until start of her next turn
- Casts Fire Bolt - Nat20
- Hit - 38 fire damage, BUT he's immune to fire, and absorbs it, healing him for 38 points!
- Ranged Attack (longbow) - 13
- Casts Lightning Arrow, requiring a DEX saving throw from MM and Lahni
- MM - 13 - Fail - 6 lightning damage
- Lahni - 23 - Success - no damage
- Flurry of Blows - Nat20, a bunch of low rolls.
- Metal Man
- Melle Attack Lahni (x2) - 19, 32
- Miss, Hit - 23 slashing damage
- Casts Finger of Death, requiring a DC 18
WIS<\s> saving throw
19 - success - 34 damage - defeats him