"Y'all, they said they won't give up, and that we should just murder them! *stiffled laughter* I'm just jokin', I'm jokin', I'm jokin'. They said that they give up, and that we should NOT murder them, please." ~ Lahni, the Trickster Translator
Time to continue on our quest to save everything. The Plane of Fire. What can you say about it that hasn’t been said before. This is…going to be hard and very, very hot, isn’t it?
Cast and Player Characters
The Tower of Grey have one of their classic "figure out what to do next" scenes. Lahni shows Toby The Orb, and the fact that it's now pointing them toward The City of Brass, so the party decides to instead go there, figuring that Aludra, Jaela, and the rest can take care of themselves. They learn (through Borris) that they need a tuning fork attuned to the Elemental Plane of Fire in order to get there. Luckily, Toby, as a renowned wizard with many connections, is able to use those connections to acquire said fork. Hurray!
Preparations begin immediately for their travel to this new hell. They each have a sending stone (so they can communicate with each other), and they leave one there at the tower. Toby refreshes his teleportation scrolls, and gets two more Immovable Rods (thanks, Tim). Also, Toby brings along Toby 4, and Hoby. And a bag of glass shards. They also bring an unspecified number of healing and fire resistance potions. And with that, they are ready to shift planes.
As soon as they arrive, they are struck by a blast of hot air. They seem to be standing on black glass, and there are volcanoes and fire all around them. Seems nice. The party turns to see that they are standing in the safe-zone of The City of Brass itself, outside of the large, gleaming walls that surround it. Inside the city, they can see large airships flying around. Almost immediately, four large figure emerge from the city walls toward them. They are large, horned, and scary looking, two with red skin and two with black. These are the Efreeti, the genie guards of the Elemental Plane of Fire. These Efreeti ask our heroes why they aren't in the mines working, to which our guys try to convince them that they simply got lost. This proves unsuccessful, so they fight instead.
The skirmish is brief, but intense. It culminates with a certain gnome casting Evard’s Black Tentacles, trapping the Efreeti, and convincing them to surrender, and bring them back to the city, which they, reluctantly, agree to do...
The party prepares to travel to The Elemental Plane of Fire, then do that. They fight some Efreeti, and get the best of them, convincing them to bring our heroes back to the city.
- Michael confirms that Ferrim Pecunia was not in The Nine Hells, but rather, Avernus. This requires some re-writing
- Something about Marlamin Windlore and Errin Colleen?
- In order to get the tuning fork, there's a scene much akin to the gambling scene in Disney's Solo: A Star Wars Story, wherein Han Solo wins the Millennium Falcon from Lando Calrissian. But in the case, Han is the gang, the casino is in Yanghar for some reason, and the Falcon is but a lowly tuning fork
- Also, they are dressed up as cultists of Umberly, the Bitch of the Sea
- Each Elemental Plane has a different form of Genie:
- Fire Plane - Efreeti
- The Efreeti are lawful evil
- Air Plane - Djinn
- Water Plane - Marid
- Earth Plane - Dao
- Skud has his three skeletons back. Presumably, they are with him at all times
Quest Log Updates
- Tim - 19 - roll-off - 17
- Bachmann - 19 - roll-off - 9
- Jennifer - 11
- Nika - 17