"I would like some sweet tea, you little sweetie..." ~ Lahni
When destabilizing a city of evil people you gotta find dirt on people that are maybe good? Or maybe more evil? Things get complicated really fast with these sorts of things.
Cast and Player Characters
Inside the office of Silga Darvo, the party begins rooting around for information they can use. Darvo is, after all, the Master of Whispers of Mastwick. Behind a painting is a secret compartment, shrouded in a magic that prevents anyone but Darvo from accessing it. Fortunately, the simulacrum of Darvo that Toby made is able to dispel this magic, allowing Yawngi to pick the lock. Inside is information on many of the different factions of Mastwick: Morgan Wraith, Xix von Stein, Browl Theckhammer, Zelon Malwreath, and Celtra Wimblepuck.
Morgan Wraith, the Seneschal to Pyre, doesn't carry a lot of power, he's mostly just a figure-head. It's Celtra Wimblepuck who does the real work around here. There's also a file on Zelon, who's last name is apparently Malwreath. Darvo didn't keep much information on him, since they were lovers. On the other hand, Browl Theckhammer, has loads of information here, detailing his comings and goings, his business dealings, who he meets and where. There isn't a lot of information on Celtra Wimblepuck, mostly because Darvo was worried that Celtra would find out about it, which is no bueno. There is a note Darvo wrote to herself, though, reminding her to try to find the "clone tanks" (Remember that Celtra was the one creating the fucked up Thom Clones). Finally, there is the mysterious Xix von Stein. von Stein is the Master of Coin for Mastwick, but Darvo believes that this is a false identity, and that his true identity is unknown. She wanted to find out who he is, and what his goal is. She was worried that he's going to start a coup or uprising. Possible ally to the Tower of Grey?
Anyway, they are interrupted by a knock on the door, and a prim-and-proper gentleman in a tuxedo enters. He greets them cordially, and announces himself as Weatherspoon, the personal assistant to Darvo. He fetches them tea, before Dar-faux asks him to bring them her diary. He does so reluctantly, as he was instructed never to touch that diary. When he does return with it, Dar-faux gives him a piece of paper allowing him to leave the city, and instructs him to make his way to Pelor's Hope to a tavern known as the Booze 'N Koozies. There, he is to learn how to make each kind of cocktails. He's also given 500 gp, and with that, he leaves.
The party then makes their way to Darvo's living quarters, conveniently located in The Spike. There, Toby is able to become acquanted with her/the space, so that he can either teleport back here, or to Darvo's location, I personally am not a thousand percent sure how Teleportation works. In any event, he takes a letter opener that is, I guess, personal to her. He also takes the diary, which primarily details the sexual exploits of her and Zelon's relationship. I shudder to think.
Finally, Toby teleports them all to the Darkblade headquarters, arriving at the same moment as the other Darkblades, the ones they said goodbye to last episode. Coincidence? No, because it's fiction. They seem to have encountered something in the sewers on their way here. Something unbelievable...
The party investigates the office of Silga Darvo, the investigator. She was investigating her co-workers at Mastwick, notably the mysterious Xix von Stein, the Master of Coin. They also investigate Weatherspoon, the assistant of Silga Darvo, and Toby investigates her diary and her bedroom, but not in a creepy way. They then investigate the Darkblades headquarters, where they meet up with those they helped break out of the dungeons, in an investigatory manner.
- Browl Theckhammer's favorite thing to eat for breakfast is corn flakes with bitters
- Gold Bone Coin that lets him enter the Bones championship
- Heavy Armor, atop of his robe, adorned with fish
- Sending Stone
- Longsword of Wounding
- "Several" Potions of Fire Resistance
- Potions of Haste
- Dark Blade
- More Sending Stones, just in case
Quest Log Updates
- [On-Hold] - Stop Tiamat!
- [Active] - Destroy The Orb!
- [Active] - Find the first missing piece
- [Active] - Gain access to the Elite Forge
- [Active] - Defeat Fuckin Gary, Master of the Air Plane
- [Active] - Defeat The Man of Sorrow, Master of the Earth Plane
- [Active] - Defeat Lucis Incendis, Master of the Fire Plane
- [Active] - Defeat The Maronnesse, Master of the Water Plane
- [Active] - Capture three powerful creatures for Skud's Bone Game
- [On-Hold] - Find the third missing piece
- [On-Hold] - Investigate the final location
- [On-Hold] - Find Adira Harper
- [Backburner] - Find Lannie Caplain
- [Active] - Find a way to pay back the Ferrim Pecunia bank of Pelor's Hope
- [Active][Jaeludra] - Investigate the Great Colosseum in Caer
- Nika - 3
- Tim - Nat20 - Bapped - Chooses Jennifer
- Jennifer - 19
- Bachmann - 7