"I get it! Rowan doesn't get it..." ~ Rowan Grey/Jennifer Cheek Lahni looking at a baby dragon
Your heroes return to relative safety with their newfound information and hostages. But maybe…Pyre and his pals have things in place to stop adventurers from walking out of the Spike with his hard earned info. Welp, I am sure nothing bad will happen.
Cast and Player Characters
Having teleported to the hideout of the Darkblades, the gang meets up with said Darkblades (who are very confused about them showing up so soon), and information is exchanged. They ask about Xix von Stein, learning that he's not as scary as the others. He's essentially an accountant. He's in the Spike, so if they go back there, they could find/question him. The (very good) question is brought up of why they left in the first place, though Toby does give the documents he stole to the DB's. That's short for Darkblades. Toby needs to sleep before they can teleport again, so the others question what they can do while they wait for the little gnome.
A montage begins of the group doing things for the town (it's nebulous), but as soon as it starts, an alarm (really just a yelling dude) goes off. The dude tells them that the perimeter has been breached, which Zelon seems happy about. He suggests that Celtra Wimblepuck scryed on him, alerting her to their location. Toby makes an adamantine door, while Rowan asks the Darkblades if there is a back entrance they could escape from. There is. Before they can, however, the bad guys enter, not through Toby's wall, but through the stone around it. Browl Theckhammer himself enters the room, a large half-orc. And with him are some guards and Thom clones. The fight, say it with me, begins...
Lahni is able to go so fast that she enters "Lahni Time", where she moves so fast that everyone else seems to go very slow. The implications of this are too vast and insidious to spend any time on at all, so I think it best if we just skip over it. Everyone does ungodly amount of damage. Lahni also takes Kevimp McBallister's "junk gun" from Rowan and shoots Browl in the dick a few times, then gives it back to Rowan. She also stuffs his face with hams. And this kills him.
The party kills everyone else, except for two final guards. They surrender, which Rowan allows, under the condition that they first answer some questions. Then, Skud casts Chromatic Orb and kills one of them. Canonically.
The Tower of Grey and the Darkblades meet up, before getting attacked by Browl Theckhammer and henchmen. The heroes are able to take out these bad guys, leaving only one lowly guard alive to question.
- I suppose we'll never know what the Darkblades found in the sewers
- For some ungodly reason, the guard's armor has exposed nipples
- Gold Bone Coin that lets him enter the Bones championship
- Heavy Armor, atop of his robe, adorned with fish
- Sending Stone
- Longsword of Wounding
- "Several" Potions of Fire Resistance
- Potions of Haste
- Dark Blade
- More Sending Stones, just in case
Quest Log Updates
- [On-Hold] - Stop Tiamat!
- [Active] - Destroy The Orb!
- [Active] - Find the first missing piece
- [Active] - Gain access to the Elite Forge
- [Active] - Defeat Fuckin Gary, Master of the Air Plane
- [Active] - Defeat The Man of Sorrow, Master of the Earth Plane
- [Active] - Defeat Lucis Incendis, Master of the Fire Plane
- [Active] - Defeat The Maronnesse, Master of the Water Plane
- [Active] - Capture three powerful creatures for Skud's Bone Game
- [On-Hold] - Find the third missing piece
- [On-Hold] - Investigate the final location
- [On-Hold] - Find Adira Harper
- [Backburner] - Find Lannie Caplain
- [Active] - Find a way to pay back the Ferrim Pecunia bank of Pelor's Hope
- [Active][Jaeludra] - Investigate the Great Colosseum in Caer
- Jennifer - 4
- Tim - 18
- Bachmann - 6
- Nika - 13