Our heroes test the waters with a new ally and maybe brag a whole lot about how good at subterfuge they are.
Cast and Player Characters
Rowan and Skud have are in the office of Old Mrs. Hamhands. She calls out to her guard, named Winford, but Skud reveals that that particular guard is now two small babies that they have here in the room with them. He then drops the illusion, turning them back into the guard. Winford is sent to retrieve Lahni and Toby, who arrive to find tables full of hams. Snacks are had. The conversation then turns to their predicament.
OMH reveals that while she has been communicating with Bercy through letters, they haven't seen each other in a while. She explains that when Bercy was captured by the Darkblades, she formed a team called the Dusters to go and break him out. They did that, and Bercy had to go on the run, eventually ending up in Grull (somehow). Then, the Dusters with Old Mrs. Hamhands at the helm, became a force of good in Mastwick. Just like the Darkblades, though the two groups don't like each other very much. Anyway, after Pyre showed up, Adira Harper killed the real Xix von Stein and gave OMH a broach that made her look like him, and installed her in his place. Ever since, she's been moving pieces around, conspiring to get Pyre booted. Now, she does agree (reluctantly) to work with the Darkblades, if that means getting rid of the giant red meanie.
The party discusses at length what Adira might be up to, as well as their plan going forward. OMH tries to warn them about Silga Darvo and Zelon, but the Tower of Grey assures her that those problems have already been taken care of. The real threats are Pyre and Celtra Wimblepuck, who lives in a lab on the top of the Spike. And OMH can get us there, having people on the inside who can get us through security. She also believes that once Pyre is removed, she and her forces (along with the Darkblades) could clean out the remaining forces throughout the city. Then, the city would be free to join Pelor's Hope, so good news all around. After being asked about the clones of Thom Vidalis, OMH informs them that they are kept underneath the colosseum. Not only that, but OMH could make it so that they are locked in down there, and can't join the fight later. Basically, OMH is a gold mine of help. Before they go any further, they decide to bring Magsman Calor into the conversation.
There is a brief montage of everyone meeting up in this seedy safe house. Also present is the simulacrum of Silga Darvo. After shaking hands (at Toby's insistence), the two leaders make up, and agree to work together. They use the Crystal Ball of Telepathy to communicate with Bercy Hamhands, and Lahni asks how he ended up in Grull, the running theme of the night. He dodges the question, but does claim he was wrongfully accused. Also, he doesn't know anything about Adira Harper. Also, he hates the Darkblades.
The next morning, OMH uses her forces to sneak the party up to the top of the Spike, through the otherwise impenetrable Zone of Truth that keeps undesirables out, and into the lab of Celtra Wimblepuck, and you won't believe what they find there!
...It's empty. They find no one in the lab.
The party connects with Old Mrs. Hamhands, learning about her life since she last appeared on the show. Mostly, this episode is just RP and exposition, but some of the things that happen is that the Darkblades and the Dusters (Hamhands' crew) make up and are reluctantly working together to take down Pyre, and plans are made to lock the Thom clones in their bunker underneath the colosseum. At the end, Hamhands gets them up to Celtra Wimblepuck's lab, but she isn't there...
- Bercy Hamhands would send his mother sketches of the party, so that's how she knew what they looked like
- Gold Bone Coin that lets him enter the Bones championship
- Heavy Armor, atop of his robe, adorned with fish
- Sending Stone
- Longsword of Wounding
- "Several" Potions of Fire Resistance
- Potions of Haste
- Dark Blade
- More Sending Stones, just in case
Quest Log Updates
- [On-Hold] - Stop Tiamat!
- [Active] - Destroy The Orb!
- [Active] - Find the first missing piece
- [Active] - Gain access to the Elite Forge
- [Active] - Defeat Fuckin Gary, Master of the Air Plane
- [Active] - Defeat The Man of Sorrow, Master of the Earth Plane
- [Active] - Defeat Lucis Incendis, Master of the Fire Plane
- [Active] - Defeat The Maronnesse, Master of the Water Plane
- [Active] - Capture three powerful creatures for Skud's Bone Game
- [On-Hold] - Find the third missing piece
- [On-Hold] - Investigate the final location
- [On-Hold] - Find Adira Harper
- [Backburner] - Find Lannie Caplain
- [Active] - Find a way to pay back the Ferrim Pecunia bank of Pelor's Hope
- [Active][Jaeludra] - Investigate the Great Colosseum in Caer
- Tim - 12
- Jennifer - 6
- Nika - 18
- Bachmann - 9