"It's not a side-quest when you're saving the world." ~ Tim Lanning
It is a time of Celebration as our heroes enjoy some more ham based delights. But, their quest is far from over so there is simply no time to waste! Onward and forward!
Cast and Player Characters
Skud has just captured Pyre, and now the dragon (who's also very dumb now) is trapped inside the Bone card. That, my friends, means that they now have the required creatures to make a full deck of Bone cards! Meaning they can now compete in the Bone Tournament! For the record, the creatures they have are Rick the Beholder, an Astral Dreadnaught, and Pyre, with the other three slots to be filled by Lahni, Rowan, and Toby right before the tournament. After Magsman Calor and Old Mrs. Hamhands arrive, Toby begins handing out flyers for The Tower of Grey.
There is a great celebration, allowing the party to take a long rest. During the celebrations, Bercy Hamhands storms in. He greets his mother enthusiastically. He also reunites with the Tower, crying at how much he misses them. Toby goes to the bathroom, so Skud uses this opportunity to let Pyre out of the card, so that he, Bercy, and everyone else can have some fun with the dumb dragon. The only ones left are the gnome, Old Mrs. Hamhands, and Magsman Calor. Toby uses this opportunity to sneak into the clone bunker underneath the Colosseum, and... Well, I'm not entirely sure. He wants to create a financial connection between Mastwick and Greenham, I think? He asks to acquire "Clone Notes" and "Clone Parts", so... yeah. Later during the night, Bercy approaches them and asks to be involved in their next venture. Toby allows it, and so Lahni makes Bercy an official member of the Tower of Grey! But, Frank has to do a bunch of paperwork, first. She also provides him with an extremely expired egg salad sandwich, that she was saving for just such an occasion.
But, the festivities are short lived, and eventually, all adventurers must inevitably return to their sea-faring ways. And so it is that the Tower of Grey moves on to the next phase of their plan: to defeat the four Champions of each of the four Elemental Planes, in order to gain access to the Elite Forge, where the piece of the artifact is sure to be. Traveling between Elemental Planes is as easy as taking the Elemental Tramway, and so they simply do that. Because of Avatar: The Last Airbender, they decide that the best Element to start with is the Water Plane, where they will fight against The Maronnesse, that plane's Champion. First thing in the morning (well, after doing some nebulous shopping), Skud, Toby, Rowan, Lahni, and now Bercy, all teleport to the Elemental Tramway.
They are in a large room, what we might know to be an ancient train station. The floor is tiled, there are kiosk, a small man sitting in a booth, etc. There are four tunnels going in opposing directions, indicated by different colors to symbolize the plane they relate to. The party decides not to just hop onto one, but instead talk to that dude. He's small, green/grey colored, and reading a newspaper. He makes them take a ticket, and wait their turn. Eventually, Skud is able to buy 4 standard tickets, and one platinum ticket for himself. He neglects to tell the others of his privilege, however, so when they all board the tram, Skud goes off by himself, leaving the others in the uncomfortable section. The seats are hard and splintery, the windows are wide open, allowing water to pour inside. Meanwhile, Skud's living large, enjoying a complimentary boxed lunch.
With all of the monsters necessary for Skud to compete in his Bones tournament, the party takes a break, celebrating with the people of Mastwick. Bercy is made a member of the Tower of Grey. The next morning, they head to the Elemental Tramway, and get tickets to a tram that will take them to the Elemental Plane of Water. It sucks, except Skud got a premium ticket, so his seat is nice and not flooding.
- There was an idea by Bachmann probably to set up an exhibition where the newly freed Mastwickians could come and see Pyre and how dumb he was now
- Lahni's Bean Statue is still there, still being pithy and acerbic toward her. It will be gone in 24 hours
- Greenham is near Mastwick, which we probably new
- Bercy is, like, 6' 10" or something
- Tim asks for some Potions of Water Breathing. It makes sense that he would be the one most concerned with drowning...
- Gold Bone Coin that lets him enter the Bones championship
- Heavy Armor, atop of his robe, adorned with fish
- Sending Stone
- Longsword of Wounding
- "Several" Potions of Fire Resistance
- Potions of Haste
- Dark Blade
- More Sending Stones, just in case
- Potions of Underwater Breathing
Quest Log Updates
- [On-Hold] - Stop Tiamat!
- [Active] - Destroy The Orb!
- [Active] - Find the first missing piece
- [Active] - Gain access to the Elite Forge
- [On Hold] - Defeat Lucis Incendis, Master of the Fire Plane
- [On Hold] - Defeat Fuckin Gary, Master of the Air Plane
- [On Hold] - Defeat The Man of Sorrow, Master of the Earth Plane
- [Active] - Defeat The Maronnesse, Master of the Water Plane
- [On-Hold] - Find the third missing piece
- [On-Hold] - Investigate the final location
- [On-Hold] - Find Adira Harper
- [Backburner] - Find Lannie Caplain
- [Active] - Find a way to pay back the Ferrim Pecunia bank of Pelor's Hope
- [Active][Jaeludra] - Investigate the Great Colosseum in Caer
- Nika - 4
- Tim - 4
- Jennifer - 4
- Bachmann - Nat20 - Bapped - Chooses Nika