Need Help Deciding

Moderator: Global Moderator

girl2boy

Need Help Deciding

Postby girl2boy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:37 pm

So I can most certainly buy the tickets, however since I am the only person I know who enjoys dnd and I'm kinda shy and debating if I should go this year. I'm in the metro Detroit area, so I don't know if I should get a hotel or just drive every day. Also, since I'm 19 going on 20 would it still be fun?

Solemn_Lyrian

Re: Need Help Deciding

Postby Solemn_Lyrian » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:46 pm

Howdy, I say come you will meet several people or at least a few you will likely form a special kinship with. I have been fortunate enough to make every GC so far, and I still become a ball of anxieties before each one. I personally don't drink a lot and their are more than a few other Geeklies that don't drink as well if that is what you are worried about by not being 21 yet. I would suggest possibly getting a hotel room if you can if you stay up late playing games you may not feel like driving back, and driving while exhausted isn't the safest thing to do. Usually plenty of people try to split a room to help keep costs down as well. I think you will still have fun and make a ton of new friends that you can potentially keep the DnD going playing online with something like Roll20.

I hope that helps.

TheGrahamLyons

Postby TheGrahamLyons » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:49 pm

I can say as another 19 year old going on 20, it will definitely still be fun! I also went in not knowing anyone, but the Geekly community is super kind and welcoming and I had a blast! Also think it’s totally worth staying in the hotel, if possible.

girl2boy

Postby girl2boy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:50 am

Well I'll start saving my money. Is there like a discord or any other social media platform about meeting people to try and share the cost of a room or something...

Suit Sage

Postby Suit Sage » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:18 pm

There seem to have been ride/room share threads on the forums in last years, but also once you buy a ticket, you should get an invite to the Geekly Con Slack where people also discuss such things.

TokenFilipino

Postby TokenFilipino » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:17 pm

Hello! I'm a first time GeeklyCon-er this year, and I think you should definitely come! Not everyone drinks, but everyone definitely likes GeeklyInc and D&D so you'll fit in nicely! I totally understand the trepidation of going alone, but fear not, if you see me at a game table or some place else, feel free to come say hello! I am always down to make more friends and play some games! Hope to see you there!

Return to “GeeklyCon”