Drunkeros RP!

Either in person or online

Moderator: Global Moderator

McChikinFrenzy

Drunkeros RP!

Postby McChikinFrenzy » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:15 pm

*** Under Construction ***

Here it is!. Here is a thread to open up the idea for open roleplaying in the world of Drunkeros. With this system there are no rolls or checks, but everybody is rewarded with creativity and description. Think of something like collaborative fan fiction. There is a lot that can go into an RP system like this, but for the purposes of this thread, the rules will be very simple. All you need to do is write a section of story in the point of view of your character. While interaction between characters is highly recommended and really the point of it all, it isn't crucial. I'll try to point out some of the most important things to keep in mind while writing.

1. Be Descriptive!: Few things compare to being part of an interesting story that will draw readers in and excite them about your writing. Avoid posting things such as a single quotation, or a sentence or two. If you need help with this, send me a PM, and I'll be happy to help you hash out the idea you have in your head.

2.Be Friendly!: Avoid making rude comments about people personally under the guise of roleplay. (Wow this guy must be a complete idiot to think that was a good ideaNasty Noxxor thought to himself) Also, most people want their character to be the biggest badass. Nothing sounds as cool as striking fear into your adversaries with extreme force or cunning. Keep in mind that other people are working to develop their own characters as well. This brings me to..

3. No God Modding!: This is a term used to describe taking control of another person's character. This can include, but not limited to
-Auto hitting attacks versus another person. (Its ok under the right circumstances that you say you take a swing at somebody, but leave any kind of connection to the other person)
-Acting for another person (Let the other person decide how they react to even small gestures, they may not want to shake your hand)

4. Separate IC from OOC!: Most of the time OOC (out of character) comments are not needed, but if you feel they help, put them either at the top or the bottom of your post, and separate them with a different color or dashes.

5. Yes and!: Its the best way to have fun in roleplay :D

Now we got the boring stuff out of the way, lets get to Character Creation! All you need to do is make a post with your character sheet before you begin roleplay. If I can get some love from the moderators, then having them posted up at the top of the thread under this would be so lovely. Try to familiarize yourself with the hypertext options at the top of this textbox to make your characters stand out.

Character Sheet Format:

Name: Birth name, alias, call me darkblade!

Race: DnD offers many fun races, take your pick and see where is takes you!

Class: Whether you are a heroic or paragon class, keep in mind that everybody is entitled to a similar level of strength

Weapons: Keep it within the DnD world. Simple 1 shot pistols are fine, as are simple grenades (though dangerous to carry)

Appearance: a/s/l ? C'mon! Here is where you can provide a description of what people notice when looking at you. Be sure to include specific features and clothing typically worn. Paint a picture with letters.

Short Biography: Here you can underline a few things you would like people to know about your character as they are reading about them. You can include where they are from or general mannerisms.

I will post an example of a character I will be using. Feel free to do the same. I have a few confirmations I need to get before starting with the story itself, but once that comes through, feel free to jump in whenever you want.
Last edited by McChikinFrenzy on Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

McChikinFrenzy

Re: Drunkeros RP!

Postby McChikinFrenzy » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:31 pm

Name: Nathanial Rose

Race: Human

Class: Rogue

Appearance: Nathanial Rose stands about 6 feet tall. His hair is a short, black, and tousled above his head. Moving down from his black tinted glasses, he wears a tanned leather jacket over a black shirt tan pants, and black boots.

Weapons 2 hidden crossbows, 2 daggers

Short Biography: Nathanial grew up on the backstreets of Caar. (Fir to be exact) After being turned down by the darkblades, he formed his own group of thieves who targeted those touched by magic. After attacking a protected gladiator, the gang was targeted by the guard. He narrowly escaped the city, but his friends were not so lucky.

JamesKPolkerface

Postby JamesKPolkerface » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:43 pm

Name: Baal “Ox” Ox

Race: Half Orc

Class: Barbarian

Appearance: Ox is nothing too far out of the ordinary for the slums of Caer, where he has spent the last couple months. He still retains some of the style of his gladiatorial arena down in Haddush. A half suit of boiled leather armor. Powerful muscle peeking out from beneath. Cloth sashes hiding and revealing his pockmarked and scarred skin as he pleases. His style is all about trading a little bit of protection for style and panache. But because he lives in Caer he's immediately traded away that style and panache for dirt and poverty. Add in a bad case of resting bitchface and a few face and neck tattoos, and Ox ends up coming off less as a suave pit fighter and more as an uncaring brute.

Which is not necessarily inaccurate. Ox also bears an enchanted slave necklace, two enchanted metal hands hung from a chain necklace about his neck

Weapons: Greatspear

Short Biography: Several months ago Ox was bought from the arena of Haddush. He was purchased by a warlock named Arlo the Arcane who brought him up to Caer. Arlo used Ox as protection. So Ox fought off Caer's more violent denizens for Arlo, while Arlo tried to set up a new White Spire in Caer.

Not too long ago, Arlo and Ox were set upon by a local gang of thieves. Arlo got away from the scuffle. But not before the gang extorted the ownership of Ox from him. Now Ox is bound to serve the leader of the gang, one Nathanial Rose. Arlo was determined to get Ox back, and the city guard quickly crushed the gang. The gang tried to flee the city, but in the end only Ox and his new master managed to make it out of the city.

Ox is happy about his new master. He thinks he may be allowed to kill more people than he was when he belonged to Arlo.

McChikinFrenzy

Postby McChikinFrenzy » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:03 pm

OOC: Great Character Sheet! I'm going to start this up. Anybody else can feel free to post up theirs and join in! I will be switching characters within the post to show how combat can take place. Anybody take limited control of NPCs, but I will be using them to move the story along.

"One bourbon, one scotch, and one mead"

Nathanial Rose mumbled towards the bartender, his eyes cast down heavily upon the wooden counter top. It was only mid-day and the time to slip into a haze has already gone past. Last night he was kicked out of his room because some damn freaks with thick pockets bought the room out from under of him. Lucky for him, there was a spot open in the stable, unluckily the morning shift wasn't told. Next time he wakes up to a boot to the ribs, he now knows that shouting obscenities does not alleviate the situation. The per diem work at the docks had already filled up by the time he got there. His last few silver were in queue to leave his pocket.

At least it was quiet. The bar room was empty, save the bartender and his good friend Ox. The smell of beast roasting in thyme wafted generously from the kitchen behind bar. Unfortunately, he didn't have enough money to both fill his stomach and empty his head. Two ceramic glasses fell upon the counter top one after the other, followed by a large stein. He reached into his pockets and grabbed a few silvers and coppers. He slapped them down on the counter, averting his eyes away from the disapproving gaze the barkeeper cast down over the exact change. His eyes lingered on the three drinks for a few moments. He then slid the stein over to his buddy Ox, never diverting his eyes from the small ceramic cups. The two drinks looked similar. He would typically take the grain whiskey first, then follow it up with the stronger, more bitter bourbon. He grabbed one at random, hoping that with some luck he would grab the smoother spirit.

First shot:
Nate gripped the cup, tilted his head back slightly and threw the alcohol into his mouth, the moment it touched his tongue, he was immediately aware that he indeed grabbed the bourbon. The burning began immediately, he swallowed it as quickly as possible. His throat ignited as the fluid slipped down and struck the bottom of his empty stomach with a noticeable slosh. The good thing about not eating for a few days, is hard alcohol takes effect much quicker. He could already feel the desired effects. But after his day, he would have really liked to have the scotch first.

"Hey assclown"

Second Shot:
Again bourbon. No better

"Are you fucking deaf? I'm talking to you, you burnt out piece of shit"

Who the fuck is this guy Was the only thought that pushed through the ocean of anger, doubt, and cheap whiskey. In a fluid motion, he kicked the barstool out from underneath him, grabbed the legs just underneath the seat, and swung it in a wide arc towards the sound of the voice.

><><><><

Just before impact, Lokken caught the stool with a single hand. The wooden legs were a few inches away from his face. Despite the pain in his hand, his elvish eyes locked intently with the man on the other side of it. Any sign of discomfort was masked with a blank slate of stoicism. He watched and waited for the perfect moment, milliseconds before the human blinked.

With elven speed and agility, Lokken grabbed another leg of the stool, and twisted it firmly in an attempt to break Nathanial's grasp. If he was able to free the improvised weapon, he would then follow up with a low sweep to the human's legs, then a light strike to the chest with the barstool. If all went according to plan, he would follow up by pinning Nate underneath the stool with a foot on a small support beam. He would keep himself on the opposite side of the warrior, his dagger drawn.

><><><><

His head caught up to the rest of his body only when he found himself deadlocked with the elf. There was no way this would possibly turn out well, but he had to keep his focus. A single wrong move could,

Oh shit

The legs of the stool broke free from his grasp. The leverage from the angle of the stool, followed by the breakneck speed of the maneuver broke his concentration along with his grasp. He found himself horizontal in the air with his arms stinging from the strike. Only for a moment. The next thing Nathanial Rose remembered was a flash of darkness as his head connected firmly with the hard stone floor. He instinctively threw his prone body to the right, narrowly dodging the followup attack.

Still laying on the ground, Nathanial looked up at elf. He then cocked both hands back, triggering the release of two small wooden wings from his bracers, just below his palm. Small bolts slid up into the firing mechanisms, forming small crossbows on each of his bracers. He aimed both of them at the elf

"Jumping Uthgar on a motherfucking bounce poll. Chill out you damned cum depository."

Adrenaline was coursing through his veins, sobering him up enough to see that he was looking up at a wood elf. Everything that just happened now made perfect sense. He pulled himself up and withdrew his weapon before taking a seat behind his large companion. After a long sigh, he looked up said "Buy me a drink and I'm all ears"

"That better not be a racial slur ogrebait." The wood elf tossed the bartender a gold piece. "Alright I'm gonna keep things simple here for obvious reasons. You are not moping around a bar midday cause you have a damn place to go. Here's the deal, Gnolls have been getting as brave as they are fucking stupid. Push them back a few dozen miles and I will make sure you have a place to crash tonight."

Nate kicked back another shot of cheap bourbon. The taste of misery was becoming quickly acquired. "So.." He looked over at the barbarian. "What'cha think?"

JamesKPolkerface

Postby JamesKPolkerface » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:10 pm

"Ain't nothing wrong with a little honest killin' for honest pay, sir" said Ox.

Ox's slave necklace was rattling against his chest, its enchanted metal hands grabbing the chain around his neck, and tugging suggestively. The collar didn't like that he had let his master get beaten up. It seemed to be pondering choking the Barbarian a little as punishment. Ox wasn't sure that Nate minded his inaction as much as the collar did. But no reason to push it.

Ox guzzled down the rest of his mead and snapped up his greatspear from where it leaned against the bar.

"Buy me a drink, and I'm all spears."

JamesKPolkerface

Postby JamesKPolkerface » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:57 am

OOC: Noncanonical map is here http://www.reddit.com/r/dndpodcast/comm ... os_rp_map/ , it will be updated as the story develops

terrible speaker

Postby terrible speaker » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:18 am

I love this! I'de like to jump in as soon as i see a good opening. =)

Name: Olivia Leboome

Race: Human

Class: Sorcerer

Weapons:
1 ceremonial, but very practical dagger. and another more simple knife.

Appearance:
Olivia is a silver-haired little jerk with fair skin and deep purple eyes, standing at about 5'3". She is 22 and by her looks takes care of herself, most would consider her pretty, but she does also often have a , befitting what she thinks is her ' noble dragon blood ' smug look on her face (think Draco Malfoy ).

She wears a cloak made from the pelt of a large reptile. The outer side of it scared with cuts, grazes and scorch marks if you would look close enough. some sort of faded mercenary company imprinted on the back of a hell hound's face.

her garb is a dark turquoise tunic with warm-white trim and embroidery, a leather belt around her hips; with holsters for her daggers and small loops for storing other nick-knacks and earth brown boots

Short Biography: Olivia is a gifted sorceress with a strong leaning to the field of pyromancy. She was sent to study and hone her power within school based in Caer. however her academic achievements and efforts we're poor due to how great she thought she already was, the kicked her out, deciding to send her home. She wasn't going to have that, her father was a fearsome man; she wasn't going home a failure, however she did have friends she made while doing all that not attending studies and that's how she fell into the life of a no good punk in an all girl gang known as 'The Ladyboners'; this life was short lived, and being she was actually slightly smarter then her friends, who succumbed to the iron hand of Trant Thumble she fell into the lucrative world of mercenary work with the loosely held together company ' Hellhound Arms ' , Which she was with for a while, until business for the company turned not so good and her pay was getting to her pocket a little longer then she'd expect.

her sole occupation for now is sorceress-for-hire, freelance all to build up her personal gain and maybe one day suit her lifestyle she feel's entitled to. even if she has to take contacts with local gangs for some more under the table work. every copper counts. she's grown to be a bit of a penny pincher, she'd also taken up treasure hunting as a hobby, anything that may increase her own power. she's starting again from the bottom up essentially.

McChikinFrenzy

Postby McChikinFrenzy » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:30 pm

Razorgore was hungry.

A bitter chill swept across the hillsides surrounding the town of Easterwatch. Spring has long past and the time for foraging did not wait. It seemed like a new pack joined his ranks every few moons. Before he could realize what was happening before him, his hunting party grew into an entire legion. But without proper shelter or supplies, his ranks have become a desolation upon the land. He has even tried ordering attacks on those who force themselves among his ranks. This resulted in many deaths on both sides. Gnolls did not behave like this, this was something else entirely. Razorgore was not a warlord, Razorgore was a hunter, and alpha of his pack. Razorgore was hungry.

A cacophony of shrill screeches and cackles burst from a covered tent behind him. No doubt it was the council of shamen. At least that's what they referred to themselves. Razorgore knew without a doubt that nothing primal could possibly come from the ritualistic savagery that came from that tent. He has witnessed the horror before. The rituals could not have followed any tradition, because no two were the same. The Abyssal no longer flew from their tongues, but rolled from out of their gut. Razorgore knew was quickly loosing his grasp upon his clan. Razorgore was not dumb. Razorgore was hungry.

He looked below onto his encampment. This land could not support a mass of gnolls this large. He watched in fury as they began to tear at each other for food scraps. It was time to act.

"Hey Buddy!" His old hunting companion Steve slowly approached him and bowed deeply. He could not have had a better friend. Steve always had his back for every decision he made. He was always the first, and only person to offer his rations and his sleeping place near the fire. There was a sentience in him that Razorgore knew that he did not have in himself. He knew that Steve would not last much longer in this encampment. His frame had. already began to shrink from malnutrition. "First of all, I'd like to say that I am so glad to be your friend. 'Gnoll'body has any doubts that you are the alpha around here." He let out a cackle that almost sounded human. "Anyway bud, I just wanted to let you know that soooomebody has doubts that you are the alpha aroun-"

He was cut off with a mailed gauntlet to the face. Razorgore growled at the cackling behemoth of a gnoll that stood before him. Steve reached for his handaxe, but Razorgore waved him aside. It seemed some people needed a reminder why he was in this seat. This guy was big, but Razorgore was hungry.

><><><><

**Later that night**

"This is a waste of time" one gnoll whispered to the other behind the thin walls of Easterwatch. "We have an army behind us. We could raid this fishing village without a problem."

"Shut up!" another one snapped, perhaps to loudly for the covert mission they were assigned. "You saw what chieftan did to Larry Lionblood. That is a warrior that I dare not cross." Three more cackles rose up from behind him. He quietly growled at them until they calmed down. "Our mission is to steal their fish and destroy any grains or vegetables we see. We were also ordered to run at the first sight of trouble"

"Yeayeayeayeayea, but he didn't say we could not fill our bellies while we were here."

"Or Which way we should run."
The gnolls quietly cackled at each other.

When on a hunt, the gnolls were a single, deadly unit. The 2 guards beside the door fell with 2 well placed crossbow bolts before they could draw their swords. The night was young, and it was time to feast.

--------

OOC: Feel free to take liberties with these guys. You can make your attacks autohit them, and you can make them attack and ransack the town as of their mission. But remember, they are a highly trained hunting party of 5 gnolls. Have fun!

Also, Welcome Olivia! I can already see some interesting interactions between the characters here

JamesKPolkerface

Postby JamesKPolkerface » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:10 am

One shake, two shakes, and then Ox put his cock back in his pants. He tied the sash that belted them and turned away from the wall. Too fast, he staggered and bumped back onto the wall he'd just peed on.

Ox didn't mind. He was going to go back into the tavern and get another beer.

Nathanial had told Ox to take the night off because tomorrow was going to be a big day. Ox didn't know why it would be big. There was beer tonight and that seemed bigger to him. But Nate was off somewhere else not drinking beer, so apparently Nate and Ox did not see eye to eye on the relative bigness of beer.

Lokken the Wood Elf--Alderman of the Fisherman's Guild--had talked to Nate earlier. Apparently Lokkan did not see the bigness of beer either. Just the bigness of some Gnoll hill tribe. Ox had heard Lokken tell Nate something about spying out the chief Gnoll tonight. Maybe that was where Nate was, Nate seemed like the sneaky and resourceful type who could find a chief Gnoll. But Ox didn't hear whether or not that was something Nate was doing. Maybe gnoll finding was somebody else's job. Ox didn't care overly much. He was not sneaky, and so there was lots of beer and no gnolls tonight.

Ox pushed himself back off the wall and looked around. At the back end of the alleyway, five armed gnolls walked past.

Hmm.

After a moment of thought Ox staggered back into the tavern, throwing up a little as he stepped through the door. He went to his table and snatched up his greatspear. He was too drunk to deal with those gnolls though, so he surveyed the interior to see if he could find something to give him an edge.

Near a rear corner sat a lady with silver hair, wearing turquoise clothes and reptile skin. She smelled like magic, and Ox knew there were a lot of things magic could do. Ox walked over to her. He reached into his coinpurse and pulled out a handful of gold coins.

"Please be..." started Ox, tossing the coins her way. "..make me less drunk?"

Ox stumbled out of the tavern without waiting for a reply, confident that he must now be much more sober. He walked down the alley once again. At the end he saw the gnolls. They were setting fire to the food warehouse next the the wharf. And they seemed to have loaded up a small cart with salted fish. They had not seen him.

Ox stood for a moment and thought. He walked up behind them, casually. Then he stabbed one in the back of the neck with his greatspear.

A howling burble escaped the poor creature's throat.

I should come up with a plan thought Ox.

In a flash of movement, the gnolls were on him. He knocked the first to come down with his spear. But as fast as that two more were past the end of his spear. He moved to dance back, but the gnoll at the rear was raising a crossbow, and a feathered bolt sprung from Ox's left shoulder. It hurt. In a flurry of claws and steel Ox felt several slashes across his arms and shoulders. Then something was barreling into him, knocking him to the ground.

But not knocking the wind out of him. Ox came up with a plan.

"AW FUCK! HELP! GNOLLS!" he shouted, as one of the gnolls moved up on him. The gnoll spat on Ox, and then kicked him in the face. Ox's world went black.

terrible speaker

Postby terrible speaker » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:45 am

Olivia had been absentmindedly tapping the side of her nearly stein for the past several minutes staring off into nothing. It had been a long day with nearly not enough done, overall, she was bored. There hadn't been a lot of work for the past several days. not that this wasn't unusual, but it always made her panic getting close to dipping into her savings.

The figure of a rough looking Half Orc trudging with a wobble her way took her attention. Olivia looked at him quickly, looked away again, not feeling up to dealing with this right now. her face pulled taught in a practiced scowl before talking; she was interrupted by the sound of gold clanking on the table top.

Please be..make me less drunk?

Olivia's face twitched looking down to count the couple of pieces and up again ready smug retort " buddy, I'm not a cleric! " , but the Half Orc was already on the way out, weapon in hand... She looked down at the precious gold again glow warmly in candlelight. Something was off about this..job.

After spending a short while scrutinizing this encounter, she scooped up the gold slotting it into her coin purse and sliding out of her table. head a little woozy from her one drink which she drank down the rest regrettably fast. she was out the door too, heading the way direction the half orc had left.

She didn't have to go far before the sounds of a fight caught her ear and smoke , her nose.

' What the hell was going on here? ' at the the brawl, it looked like it was going well..briefly. Olivia finally understood what he needed, fueled by the coin, the light weight drinker in her and the marginal pangs of guilt over the half orc's cry she clenched her fist summoning heat to her left hand. small magical embers began to seep through her fingers trying to figure this one out.

She hid in the corner shadow of a building at the three large gnolls. two of them set to binding their friends and the half orc together by the ankles with a rope arguing how to drag away three limp bodies among themselves; while the third reset it's crossbow and peered deep down the other streets in view. He clearly hadn't spotted her, twisting his head this way and that sniffing the air deeply.

She couldn't tell weather the half orc was dead or not but this time, she felt obliged to finish what he paid her for, it's a small step on her way to nobility after all. that thought gave her courage and quick idea. with her free hand she called out loud enough for the three to hear in her most helpless tone ' by the gods! gnolls! help!' ; she crouched back deeper into the shadows further and pulled her hood over her head. the searching gnoll had taken the bait, weapon raised and stalking the the wall just around the corner, sniffing loudly. She could hear his paws clack against the cobblestone.

The gnoll slung his crossbow across his back nearly silently and produced a crude iron dagger. Olivia waited with baited breath. suddenly the furred brute had pulled himself around the corner, dagger in a wide stab, Olivia catching on the mass upon her and reflective lenses in his eyes. The end of the dagger caught under her hood and jerked her shoulder first against the wall. she kicked out and grabbed at it's forearm with her right hand and her Left, glowing palm open struck it's face over it's left eye. snarls turning to howls of pain as it's skill began to melt and the smell of burning hair filled Olivia's nose. she recouped herself and held it it there tight, her other hand grasped around his dagger arm trying to free her cloak from the the wall with little success. The gnoll pulling his arm back with Olivia still attached going for a flurry of blind stabs not able to see he was striking a bight higher then where the girl's head actually was. he soon lost control of his body and slumped over dead.

Olivia was breathing hard but there wasn't time to feel disgusted the other two gnolls would soon be on her she pressed herself against the wall again. A new bright idea came to mind. She bag to rub her palms together rapidly. like the last. the other two tread carefully to where their brother had fallen; arms dawn, snuffing the air, this time she was masked by the scent of crisp gnoll; they we're scuffling nervously, huddled shoulder to shoulder int he mouth of the narrow ally.

For Olivia it was now or never. she lunged forward thrusting her hand in front of her to produce a flare a sparks in each hand in front of their eyes. blinding them one with a crossbow in hand fired in reaction struck Olivia in the arm, the bolt gouging a generous portion of her left forearm. she pulled it back into her her body in sharp pain. the gnolls stumbled around covering their eyes by the flashes. Olivia gritted her teeth, right hand reaching for her knife swinging it deep across ones throat and and several times into the back and head of the other stating after each swing

Dog!
Faced!
mother!
fuck'n!
ass!

adrenaline rushed through her veins, this feeling was a quiet reward for her current line of work. She stood quietly; replacing her dagger and pushing her hood back, feeling overheated.

she looked over where the half orc lay, slumped in a growing puddle of his own blood. she went over and crouched down observing his wounds; her hand running across her own fresh one with a faint sting. he was a sight to behold with the amount of brave tattoos and old scars clear on closer inspection His leather armor rising and falling over his shoulders
" all in a days work" she chuckled to herself ... Olivia took a moment to consider just leaving him here. she had her gold, but she wasn't a monster either. she tore a rag from a near by gnoll's clothes and wrapped it around her she tugged at the orc the expose his wounds more clearly, the light from the gowning building fire were helping. though she took a moment to look glumly at it, knowing blame won't come far behind. she manged to roughly pull together and carefully as she could help his skin together where the gashes were. just as she wall getting to tugging to bolt from his shoulder, one foot wedged against his bicep, her good hand grasped firmly around the feathered end to tug she heard boots and clattering of armor, she didn't need to look to know it was the guard hearing not for the first time in her life "wots all this then!? "

OOC - Thank you ox =). also for the map, huge help.

also trying to stick to the available spells available to me. the firs tone was off the top of my head but in the background im keeping track of what i can and can't perform.

McChikinFrenzy

Postby McChikinFrenzy » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:36 pm

Earlier that morning...

Just as is had every morning before it, the sun cast down on Wilhelm Bradbury too early. However, unlike any other morning before it, this was the last time that he would have to rise with it. Despite the aches throughout his body, a warm smile tugged coyly at his withered features. With fewer complaints than usual, he pulled himself out of bed. After dressing into his uniform, he shambled over to the kitchen and called out to his wife.

"Beer and scrambled again?" He slumped down onto his seat, and prepared himself to break his fast. His wife, who seemed to become more beautiful with age didn't say a word as she made her way to the kitchen. After a few minutes without his meal, he felt the pressure of time against him. For 30 years, he showed up to work everyday on time. Not only was that the reason he was the captain of the guard, but more importantly he took great pride in being a person that the whole city could count on. He was not about to ruin his reputation on his last day. "Hurry up now will ya? I aint got all day"

As soon as he called out, his wife walked in with two plates. His heart jumped when he saw the most beautiful omelet he has seen in years. It was filled with fresh herbs, savory potatoes, and zesty cheddar cheese. Pan fried bacon was piled high along one side, and a fluffy biscuit covered in butter on the other. "Now that you will be around the house more often, I'll have more time to spend in the garden for more breakfasts like this one." His wife smiled warmly as she fetched two tall glasses of fresh squeezed orange juice. He gave her a kiss on the cheek "I reckon one tardy in 30 years wouldn't hurt"

Not only did his team not mind him coming in late, but they also threw him a little party. However, the day was not all sunshine and smiles. There was a lot of paperwork, customs, and long meetings involved in passing the torch over to his deputy. When all was said and done, he was dismissed to go home. But he insisted that he would stay late to cover the time that he was supposed to be at work earlier. An honest pay for an honest day's work.

They sent him out to walk a beat. He didn't complain, in fact it felt pretty good to have one last stroll about town. Keeping the council's peace and everything. After touring the town, keeping a watchful eye for any funny business, he made his way back to the station for a slice of pie to take home to his wifey. By this time, the sun had already set, and the only light in the city came from a few scattered lanterns and the moon herself. All in all, it was a pretty good day. Nothing really caught his attention until he heard a sound down from Cypress street.

"Wot's all this then!?" He called out into the alley. He took a step back when he saw the young lass knelt over a much larger looking man who was obviously injured. It was the last day before he retired, he didn't have time for this kind of funny business. "Now you stay right there, I got a few questions fo ya"

From the corner of his vision, he saw the silhouette of a large, hairy creature. No doubt one of them there gnolls who have been spotted outside of town. His mouth hung agape as he fumbled for his whistle. But before he could bring it to his lips, the large creature was already upon him. It pounced from the shadows, immediately knocking him down to the ground. Drool poured from the gnolls snoot, and its breath was hot and rancid. But neither of those things shook him as deeply as demonic cackle that filled his ears. Keeping him pinned down, the beast withdrew a dagger and held it to his throat, never wavering with that damn cackle.

Another gnoll quickly stepped out from behind it with a crossbow in hand, keeping a bolt traced intently on the young woman. The situation looked to be quite the dire one. A single tear rolled down his cheek as his helmet slipped off his head, revealing his short, gray crew-cut.

It was the last night before he retired.

terrible speaker

Postby terrible speaker » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:54 am

Olivia threw her hands up, the bolt previously lodged in the half orc clenched in one hand, slick with blood and her own sweat. She sat perfectly still not want to provoke the gnolls. She looked to the guard's distraught, aged face and felt an uncommon sense of human empathy. Maybe it was the too-fast-drunk stein of beer in her system combined with this messed up situation making her feel this amount of ...this 'boned right now' feeling.

She looked the Gnoll with the aimed crossbow again, and taught her face into a stiff upper lip; hands still raised to either side of her head, trying to forget the guard's face.

"Keep still, grey one " the gnoll, Kipp taunted in his native tongue, shifting his weight to grind the poor guard Bradbury into the ground. "you look long in summers, hekeeke~ but we can't be too picky now, can we? " HE cackled more sadisticly, twisting the blade of his knife firmer against Bradbury's throat; licking his own chops in exaggerated anticipation.

The other, Longstalk, joined in the high-pitched cackle "especially after losing some fine hunters to these two. Look at the size of that one! bringing him back will certainly make us look better then a load of stolen fish. nothing beats hearty red meat, I'd say! "

kipp arched his cocky gaze up from the poor guard The other one's not much to look at... " he pressed his knee down hard again expelling a pained, sharp groan from Wilhem Bradbury.

I think it's got powers in it's blood, you see what it did to hunter Quickfoot. Longstalk tilted his head towards the gnoll corpse with the melted face. "the Council of Shamen might favor us with if we brought them that one. " He stared the girl straight in the eyes who was now glaring back back in a sour expression.

now stop playing with that, knock it out and then go do that one too, time to move out.

Kipp withdrew his knife hand swiftly and slammed it against Bradbury's head into the ground knocking him out, taking a piece of rough, filthy rope and hog tying him effortlessly. he took a wide circle around behind the sorceress, picking up a sizable piece of wood from the ground and taking a hefty swing into the back of her head with a faint "Ghk!-"; the bolt in her hand bouncing along the road as she was down, slumped against the half orc's large form. dark red trickling down the back of her neck.

The gnolls proceeded to bind all three bodies up as well as the fish to return their score back to the encampment.

OOC: figured we needed some sort of transition so Ox can finally be awake again and do things. also back to what Nathanial is up to, I'm so curious about so many things! =D

JamesKPolkerface

Postby JamesKPolkerface » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:37 am

"AGRAUGHLHAAW!" said Ox, roaring as he woke up "HWLARDGAFROFLSH!" He went on to suggest.

The inside of Ox's eyelids were shining. They were extremely bright. When Ox actually opened his eyes up they began to shake and boil from the morning brightness. Ox threw up and looked away from the sky.

Ox saw that he was sitting in a wooden cage suspended above a grassy hill. The hill was full of yurts. The cage was full of squeaks. And the hill was full of children giggling straight from the pits of hell. Every little sound went right into Ox's sense of self and drove a crack right through it. The hangover fractured him. Crack. Creak. Snap. There was no more Ox, only a zone of misery and pain that filled his cage. It was a pretty bad hangover.

After a minute Ox realized that his forearms arms were also sliced up a fair bit, and a wound in his shoulder was painfully swollen and pulsing. Probably infected.

There were three more cages beside his, creaking just as horribly, and hanging from a long gibbet. One held an old man who was still unconscious. One held a middle aged drow woman who was awake. The last was empty.

"Gruumsh! Master Nate! Where are you? Magic super lady? Who is what?" shouted Ox.

Down on the hill several gnoll children congregated and giggled. It was the worst thing ever. Why hadn't Ox hydrated before he went to sleep last night? Did he want a hangover? After a moment of contemplation Ox remembered what had happened and guessed why he was here. His thoughts were interrupted from the drow woman two cages down

"I don't know who you're looking for, orc-man, but I don't think they are here," she said. "Sleepyhead in the cage between us is named Bradbury. He's supposed to be the captain of the guards that comes to rescue us. And if the woman in the other cage was your 'magic lady,' well they took her away before the Council of Shamen about ten minutes ago. I don't know for sure what they'll do to her, but I bet they'll eat her."

That made Ox sad. He threw up some more.

After a moment, a party of armed Gnolls appeared from the yurt city that Ox saw sprawling out from this low hill, dispersing the gaggle of children beneath him. This could be serious. Ox did his best to shake off his discomfort and he looked at the situation.

There were thousands of gnolls here.

Ten gnolls would often sleep together in one yurt. There yurts grouped together in clusters inside of deep perimeter ditches. The yurts were in groups of about... one hundred. There were about nine clusters of yurts visible from this high point. All together that was at least nine thousand gnolls. And there looked to be even more of them camping in the nearby forrest. Every gnoll between the age of seven and seventy could fight. Ox was in the middle of a gnoll army more than nine-thousand strong, maybe even as high as ten thousand.

That was the biggest army that Ox knew about north of the Westersea straits. Easterwatch was boned. Nate was boned. Ox was boned.

"Where Is My Silver Haired Friend?" Ox bellowed.

"The Council of Shamen took her away," replied the biggest gnoll, "she belongs to gnolls now. Chief Razorgore wanted her, but the Council has the support of many of Razorgore's warriors. So Razorgore had to give her to them. I don't know what they'll do to her, but I bet they'll eat her."

Well, that makes that problem simple thought Ox. He shouted back.

"That means your chief Razorgore is weak. I will kill him. I challenge him to single combat."

McChikinFrenzy

Postby McChikinFrenzy » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:41 pm

OOC: Dont mean no "no but", but lets make the gnoll population a bit more manageable. 500 would be more a considerable threat. An army of near 10,000 would no doubt warrant armies for Caar and Pelor's hope to immediately spring into action. And whew, you guys pushed this much quicker than I expected. That's not a problem, I just need to do some catching up.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Out of the fields, the hungry gnolls cast their die among each other for the chance to either fill their bellies or starve. They threw their bones in the the name of opportunity. However in the shaman's tent, Rotgut sat in a circle among his council. He swirled small animal bones around in a ceremonial bowl. Rotgut cast his bones in the name of certainty. All around him, the 6 other clerics chanted their prayers. Each of them wore the bones of a different "sentient" race. One of them was adorned with the bones of a human tied into his fur and leathers. The skull was split in two and worn as a faceplate. Similar adornments were worn around the circle. They included the bones of a dwarf, an elf, a gnome, a halfling, and a half-orc. His own vestments were much more exotic. Upon his head, Rotgut wore the skull of a dragonborn. From its base, a perfectly intact spine wrapped around Rotgut's torso several times. This, of course, could only happen if the dragonborn had a tail. Also, the rest of the council boiled their bones, removing any flesh and giving them an aesthetic shine. Rotgut wore his bones as they should be worn. They were stained with unwashed blood, and the rotted gore intermingled with his own matted fur and flesh. The disease among this necrotic garb seeped into his body. Rotgut welcomed it wholeheartedly. The closer he was to death, the easier it was communicate with it.

The chanting halted immediately at the sounds of the bones being cast down before Rotgut. The anticipation was palpable as he read the message that was lain before him. Two squirrel skulls rested on either side of a serpent's fang. He was visibly elated. However, something was not right. There were supposed to be 3 skulls. He looked frantically around for the third, but it was not to be found. He began sifting through the bones in desperation. When it came to no avail, he slammed a palmed hand down over the bones, smashing them underneath him. He cast his gaze downwards.

The crushing silence was broken by the sound of laughter. The gnoll wearing the human skull began to chuckle slowly to itself. This was quickly followed by the dwarf wearing cleric joining in this unsaid joke. The rest of the council stared in silence as Rotgut felt the cackle burst from his lips. Hysterical laughter erupted throughout the tent. The day would be soon upon them.

><><><><

"That means your chief Razorgore is weak. I will kill him. I challenge him to single combat."

One of the gnolls glared at Ox. His feral visage was flush with bloodlust. He knelt down and locked eyes with the barbarian. "You dare mock the mighty warchief?" he grasped the bars of the cage and slammed his skull into it. His spittle and heat of breath filled the cage. His eyes wide in fury "It is single combat you want?!"

The gnoll erupted into laughter. Spittle sprayed heavily towards the half orc's face. He then rolled backwards, clutching at his sides. All the surrounding gnolls joined in on the joke and started laughing as well. "Wait wait, so you're telling us that Razorgore is a weakling?" A different gnoll chimed in. The laughter was spreading throughout the area."No kidding! He cant even control his own pack! Tell you what, once we rise to power, we will throw him in this cage with you. You can single combat till you are green in the face!" The laughing continued as they all walked away.

><><><><

Razorgore stood above this beaten adversary. He panted in exhilaration and exhaustion. His challenger wasn't one to be taken lightly, but yet he stood triumphant.

"Gee willy mister Razorgore. That was quite the display." Steve the gnoll called out to him. "There are null gnolls in this knoll that are gonna mess with your all "gnoll"ing rule."

He sighed heavily. Razorgore knew that he would miss this guy heavily. But there was no way that Steve could survive much longer in this camp. He was fully aware of the sideways glances, and the hushed cackles that came from the new arrivals as he walked past. Steve had grown to be his greatest friend. That trait was becoming more dangerous everyday. He had to leave camp. Now

"Why did you allow that filth to waste my time?" Razorgore shouted at Steve "I''ll tell you why! It's because you are weak. There is no room here for weakness in my camp. Leave this place at once!" The words were painful to get out, but it was the only way to get him out of here safely.

"Sure thing buddy!" Steve exclaimed excitedly "I gotta admit, I enjoyed the heck out of all my time here. But if you think I should go, then I won't step on your toes any. Besides, I got a lot of friends back in Melloncamp across the sea. I'll probably just head on back that way and see where life takes me from there!" Steve left left the camp. His heart was warm with the promise of dear friends he would soon have.

Steve left Razorgore. Leaving a cold fear of paranoia and loneliness.

McChikinFrenzy

Postby McChikinFrenzy » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:01 am

Interested in joining the story but don't know how to jump in?

No problem! Send me a message and I'll help write your character in so it seems like you were supposed to be the entire time :)

Return to “Find a Gaming Group”