Where I've outlined my overall plan for the Drunks and Dragons portion of the wiki.
A page I use to write up long pages, such as Episode pages, to save progress and not accidentally lose everything by closing a tab or clicking a link.
Notes and stuff to work on later.
These can be copied right from here and pasted. No need to edit to see the formatting. The tags <nowiki></nowiki> can be used to show formatting in the displayed page.
Sample Spell Page (From the SRD)
- :''2nd-level transmutation''
- :'''Casting Time:''' 1 action
- :'''Range:''' 60 feet
- :'''Components:''' V, S, M (a piece of iron and flame)
- :'''Duration:''' [[Concentration]], up to 1 minute
Choose a manufactured metal object, such as a metal weapon or a suit of heavy or medium metal armor, that you can see within range. You cause the object to glow red-hot. Any creature in physical contact with the object takes 2d8 fire damage when you cast the spell. Until the spell ends, you can use a bonus action on each of your subsequent turns to cause this damage again.
If a creature is holding or wearing the object and takes damage from it, the creature must succeed on a Constitution saving throw or drop the object if it can. If it doesn't drop the object, it has disadvantage on attack rolls and ability checks until the start of your next turn.
'''''At Higher Levels.''''' When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 3rd level or higher, the damage increases by 1d8 for each slot level above 2nd.
- [http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/systems-reference-document-srd Source]: [http://media.wizards.com/2016/downloads/DND/SRD-OGL_V5.1.pdf SRDv5.1]
*[[Episode 198 - Welcome to Glaine, the Jewel of the East|Episode 198]] - Used against a White Spire guard that is barring the way inside.
[[Category:Spells, Items, and Abilities]] [[Category:Spells]] [[Category:2nd-Level Spells]] [[Category:Transmutation Spells]] [[Category:Concentration]]
- Create a category - [[Category:Spells, Items, and Abilities]]
- Link to a category page - [[:Category:Spells, Items, and Abilities]]
#REDIRECT [[Page Name]]
Systems Reference Document and Open Gaming License
[http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/systems-reference-document-srd Source]: [http://media.wizards.com/2016/downloads/DND/SRD-OGL_V5.1.pdf SRDv5.1]
March 6, 2017 - Finished Episode 202
Episode 202 - The City in the Sky is a sample of what I was trying to create from my ideas listed below.
March 5, 2017 - Drunks and Dragons Episode and Character Proposed Changes
The wiki seems to have stalled in its updates so I'm trying to correct that, focusing on Drunks and Dragons and then we'll see from there. The first major step I did was to write in all the missing titles from 160 or so up to episode 202, and I changed how the episodes were broken up. Instead of "Season One - Chapter One," "Season One - Chapter Two," etc, I changed it to just "Season One," "Season Two," etc. breaking the seasons into roughly 25 episodes each while trying to find good breaking points.
Next comes brief summaries for all the episodes that don't have any summaries to at least get rid of all those red links.
-- Episodes --
Then comes some major overhauls. We need to have standardized pages, so it's going to take going through all the episodes over again. Combining bits and pieces of the various takes on it that other people have contributed, I like the idea of:
- Quote - A memorable quote from the episode at the top of the page perhaps. Might not do right away.
- Cast/Characters - To contain links to important information on who is in the episode both in real life and in the story.
- Overview - To give a summary of what kind of episode it is. A planning episode, battle heavy episode, role-play heavy and character development, a skill challenge epiosde and what unique take was placed on it if any. What happened as the game of Dungeons and Dragons.
- Summary - Summarizing what happened within the story
- Combat (?) - This is a hard and very time consuming thing to do. If there is going to be a play-by-play, it needs to at least be in a table format. This will be one of my last priorities.
Something to also consider is embedding the videos from youtube maybe? and/or the audio. The audio could maybe even be added to the main episode table of contents.
-- Characters --
We need to have standardized character pages.
I would like to have a summary box at the top like you see in Wikipedia articles about people/products/comic book characters/etc. Have info on Name, Age, Current Class, Former Class, Appearances, Relatives, Associates, Played By, Preceded by, Succeeded by, Possessed by (?), or whatever makes the most sense. I'm sure it will evolve over time.
But besides this summary box, I do also want not just backgrounds about the characters, but also collected information on maybe how often they did a critical hit/fail, success/fails during skill challenges, creatures killed, catch-phrases and actions (boob burritos).
-- Discussion --
If you want to discuss this with me, feel free to edit this page. Please at the date you added the comment and write it above this part. Newest comments to the top so they're easy to see.