Welcome, folks! This is the second installment of Geekly’s nerdy coverage of Japanese culture by Michael DiMauro and Carly Shields. After falling in love with the country during a visit in September, 2017, we noticed a lot of other people were contacting us about our experience. In an attempt to help out others on their first trip to Nihon, we’ve put together a 5-part audio series that covers a number of topics from food to nerd attractions.
In the second installment, we cover our trip highlights. *Please note: These are our own personal experiences and don’t reflect that of Geekly. We’re just two Japan-loving nerds that want to help others find the fun on their trips!
- Golden Gai: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinjuku_Golden_Gai
- Robot Restaurant: https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/robot-restaurant-tokyo/index.html
- Otter Cafe
- Tokyo Tower: https://www.tokyotower.co.jp/en.html
- Final Fantasy Eozora Cafe: https://www.yelp.ca/biz/final-fantasy-eorzea-cafe-%E5%8D%83%E4%BB%A3%E7%94%B0%E5%8C%BA
- Ramen Museum: http://www.raumen.co.jp/english/
- Ryokan: http://hanaikada.co.jp/english/access.html
- + more!
We’ll be back with part-3 next week where we talk about the copious amounts of delicious food we ate!