Michael is a bad person who does bad things to good people which leads to them crying in a darkened bathroom.
The adventure continues with Titus Harper (Tim Lanning), Thom the Dragonborn (Mike Bachmann), Aludra (Jennifer Cheek), Jaela (Nika Howard) and your Dungeon Master (Michael DiMauro). Don’t forget to follow our editor Steph Kingston (@stephokingston)!
You can do non lethal damage in 5E but it only applies to Melee attacks. All spells and ranged weapon attacks do lethal damage unless unless otherwise noted in its spell or attack description. So Thrifty did not screw you guys, Tim did and is a bad boy.
While that may be true, we are all new to 5e so there are going to be some things that we don’t understand. That is kinda why we asked about it. I wasn’t even sure if it was a thing in 5e. So yes, by the letter of the law, Harper killed that dude. But, I think it was pretty obvious that he was going to die regardless. Especially since Thrifty didn’t mention the spells can’t do non-lethal damage bit.
It’s ok Tim! *pat* *pat* *pat*
I tried writing a 5-star review for you on iTunes, but I accidentally clicked like a half inch outside of the dialogue box and all my hard work was deleted by the malicious Apple. I’ll get around to it…
In the meantime, while I was listening to some older episodes, I caught wind that Tim host(ed?) a trivia night. I’m a trivia master myself, so I wanted to hit you guys up with some trivia about movie franchises!!! These will probably be child’s play to you nerds.
1. Who was the only actor or crew member in Peter Jackson’s Lord of the Rings trilogy that personally met JRR Tolkien?
2. What franchise character did Emilia Clarke play this year that was also portrayed by her GOT co-star Lena Headey?
3. Put these franchises in order of the number of TOTAL Oscars won, from Least to Most: A) Christopher Nolan’s Batman movies, B) Pirates of the Carribbean, C) Harry Potter
4. American gold medalist swimmer Johnny Weismuller appeared on the big screen a dozen times playing what character?
5. If I say the following, what franchise am I referring to? “3: Technology. 4: Fishing. 7: Lumber. 11: Agriculture”
6. Imagining an animated movie where Haley Joel Osment voiced the main character, what movie franchise almost had Steven Spielberg direct the first installment?
7. One of the top grossing movie franchise of all time is listed with a three word name abbreviated MCU. What does MCU stand for?
8. Keiichi Tsuchiya (Kay-ichi Soo-chee-ya), a racer with a distinct style, made a cameo in what 2006 movie that is part of a franchise?
9. What international crime syndicate does James Bond square off against on a regular basis? It’s led by evil genius Ernst Blofeld
10. The third Hobbit movie has the lowest running time to pages adapted ratio of all novels turned into movies. With a +/- of 10, how many seconds of film are there per page of source material?
Bad form Nika, you can argue with your DM but if he says you need to do something you do it. if i were thrifty i’d have the fiend cast that spell 4 times, powered by the demon gods of chaos because you’re messing with the universe’s rules. jk tho i’d just punish you in an RP way like… idk killing off harper’s sister 😉 i would make it obvious it’s your fault by having that fiend smirking over her corpse when you (after another 70 episodes) finally decide to find the girl.
Though I love Drunks and Dragons, this episode and the last episode included a lot of whining and made me cringe. Of COURSE Thrifty gets to know PC stats. He doesn’t need to roll for that. He is creating a world for the PCs to play in, and its okay for him to be meta and have PC stats affect his decisions. It can improve the game and help him prepare in advance. I thought Thrifty handled this episode well. He provided a threat, and the PCs felt it. It also takes away from the quality of the podcast to listen to petty arguments. I absolutely adore this show and everyone in it, but this episode was a little cringey to listen to.
The artwork for this episode contains possibly the finest spider-donkey I’ve ever seen.
Definitely didn’t except to hear a RTZ reference on this show. Great podcast!
There’s nothing I love more than player decisions coming back to bite them in the ass. 🙂 I hope the rest of the party feels plenty guilty for putting Harper’s sister in danger!
Finally made it to this point. I enjoy the 5e rules a lot better since that is what I am more familiar with. But Harper/Tim has to the best character.
You are smart and good. Have I mentioned that you look nice today?