Marc Whitten, Chief Product Officer at Microsoft released details on Xbox Wire about next month’s update to Xbox Live. One of the biggest gripes leveled against the Xbox One has been that the multiplayer and “Party” experiences have been a step backwards from the Xbox 360. It just seems harder to get together and play a game with a friend.
March 11 will see the release of what looks to be this year’s biggest game: Titanfall. Microsoft is looking to improve their online experience before the online-only shooter hits store shelves.
Intended improvements include:
- Getting to your friends list faster
- Party chat will be turned on by default
- Chat with friends playing different games
- Adding a “Invite friends to game” option to multiplayer titles
- Adding “Recent Players” option
For full details, read Xbox Wire.